Excellent win

sc85sis

Reaction score
Detroit is a young, good team. Both last year and this year, the games have gone back and forth. And both times the Hawks have come out victorious.

The team wasn’t perfect, but they did what they had to do to pull out the win. Geno played great in the clutch in OT, and we overcame a couple of absolutely horrendous calls by the refs.

The NFL is hard. Those who wanted to assume the season was lost due to a single game need to take heart. The o-line held up today despite both starting tackles being out. DK took a hard shot to the ribs and still came back to play. Our RBs all kept churning their legs and did what was needed to get tough yards. Spoon did well overall (other than one play) in his first start.

This was a good bounce back from last week’s loss. We have some stuff to clean up, Jason needs to clear up his focus on FGs, and the pass rush still needs work. But we showed improvement in just one week.

Onto the next game. Go Hawks!

White Devil

Reaction score
Great bounce back win.

Defense just needs to keep improving every week. Jamal back next week will help.

Offense just needs to stay healthy and confident. Backup T's played really good today and deserve to be recognized.

Hawks wanted it more this week, right?

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Detroit lost that game by not trying to win it in regulation. They had plenty of time to score a touchdown. Playing for the game tying field at home in front of that crowd was a wussie move. Gotta go for the throat there. Thanks Detwat!!!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Detroit is a young, good team. Both last year and this year, the games have gone back and forth. And both times the Hawks have come out victorious.

The team wasn’t perfect, but they did what they had to do to pull out the win. Geno played great in the clutch in OT, and we overcame a couple of absolutely horrendous calls by the refs.

The NFL is hard. Those who wanted to assume the season was lost due to a single game need to take heart. The o-line held up today despite both starting tackles being out. DK took a hard shot to the ribs and still came back to play. Our RBs all kept churning their legs and did what was needed to get tough yards. Spoon did well overall (other than one play) in his first start.

This was a good bounce back from last week’s loss. We have some stuff to clean up, Jason needs to clear up his focus on FGs, and the pass rush still needs work. But we showed improvement in just one week.

Onto the next game. Go Hawks!
Agreed.

Brutal calls.

14 and 16 have redeemed themselves with me after talking so much shit about them in the offseason.

14 showed grit and heart today. Loved it.

K9 must have about 200 yards if you include his east-west mileage today!

I'll take it. Bring on the Giants and the Panthers. Let's start this thing 3-1 instead of 1-3 which it looked possible last week.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Detroit lost that game by not trying to win it in regulation. They had plenty of time to score a touchdown. Playing for the game tying field at home in front of that crowd was a wussie move. Gotta go for the throat there. Thanks Detwat!!!
I think Detroit lost it by those stupid 4th down attempts from scrimmage. Chip shot FGs would have won it for them. At least Campbells idiotic need to show the size of his testicles nullified Jason Myers misses.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Detroit lost it by those stupid 4th down attempts from scrimmage. Chip shot FGs would have won it for them. At least Campbells idiotic need to show the size of his testicles nullified Jason Myers misses.
Yeah, Campbell played himself. He was calling the game like he was playing madden. Some of those decisions were baffling.

JPatera76

Reaction score

Going for it on 4th down.. almost every time I would say, (even though stupid) is trying lol

Jerhawk

Reaction score
As one of the few posters that had confidence Seattle would win this game, all I can say is I'm not surprised.

Very impressed, but not surprised. Great team win

BChawkfan

Reaction score
As one of the few posters that had confidence Seattle would win this game, all I can say is I'm not surprised.

Very impressed, but not surprised. Great team win
Yes,a very exciting game for sure.
We played with heart today.
Go SeaHawks

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
That week one loss and this down to the wire game may be a blessing in disguise. Iron sharpens iron. While not a perfect game by any means, great overall effort when it mattered.

evergreen

Reaction score
We were resilient in the OT over coming that bogus OPI call.