Graham's dominance in OTA's is probably not an accident

pmedic920

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2u1jhioc said:
I'm actually worried about how much Wilson throws to Graham. No receiver is invincible, can't be double-covered, or can't be put in a trap by savvy DC's.

Graham's value lies not in just being a reliable target, but opening up opportunities for other receivers. Wilson is still a young QB. He's shown the distinct look-for-the-big-play tendency, often passing up other shorter throws in order to hang on to it. I do hope he's not about the transfer this "lock-on" tendency to Graham. This season of his development is about scanning on the field and taking what the defense gives you.

Opening up opportunity for other receivers OR bigger gaps and wider running lanes.

Our future is bright my friend :{)

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I have no inside information, just speculation, but when graham was traded to us and was asked about Wilson and off-season workouts, he said "wherever Wilson goes, I'll be there". I wonder if Graham was divided between attending the funeral and being "where Wilson goes" at the OTAs, which was conveniently solved by Wilson going to the funeral with him.

Pure speculation, but I'd like to think Graham is a guy to stand by his word and Wilson is a kind man who would allow Graham to keep his word and still be there for his family.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3sz91xav said:
I have no inside information, just speculation, but when graham was traded to us and was asked about Wilson and off-season workouts, he said "wherever Wilson goes, I'll be there". I wonder if Graham was divided between attending the funeral and being "where Wilson goes" at the OTAs, which was conveniently solved by Wilson going to the funeral with him.

Pure speculation, but I'd like to think Graham is a guy to stand by his word and Wilson is a kind man who would allow Graham to keep his word and still be there for his family.

There's no way in hell Graham was missing that funeral for OTA's. Read up on Graham's past and the woman that passed away was basically his mother.

So no.. Wilson did that to show he and the rest of his teammates were behind him in a time of grief.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ghqdl56s said:
I'm actually worried about how much Wilson throws to Graham. No receiver is invincible, can't be double-covered, or can't be put in a trap by savvy DC's.

Graham's value lies not in just being a reliable target, but opening up opportunities for other receivers. Wilson is still a young QB. He's shown the distinct look-for-the-big-play tendency, often passing up other shorter throws in order to hang on to it. I do hope he's not about the transfer this "lock-on" tendency to Graham. This season of his development is about scanning on the field and taking what the defense gives you.

Worried about how much Wilson was throwing to Graham in..... OTA's?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

irocdave

Reaction score
There is way to much thought going in to this thread. JG playing against the LOB with the LOB's hands tied behind their backs in OTA's? Really? Fans are really concerned about this?
Lets not dismiss the financial aspect of JG. Don't think for one minute that PC and the subordinate coaches are not pushing to acclimate the shiny new investment so that he is productive when the bell rings. RW isn't dumb, he knows the D and O line took a hit to pick this guy up also. JG HAS to produce this year. This isn't high school football, there is big money riding on every players production. If JG was a 5th round draft pick there's NFW he gets the targets or offseason attention from RW. It's a huge financial investment for the employer, and also an investment that could benefit RW if the next year.

The isn't rocket science and there is no intrigue. Dude needs to produce and it's up to the coaching staff and RW to get him up to speed.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
A week after Jimmy Graham dominated in the red zone, Seattle’s new tight end had a harder time catching passes, both because of good coverage and errant throws. And every time a pass intended for Graham didn’t find its target, defensive players made sure to let him hear about it in a loud but playful way. Those barbs, just like Graham’s emphatic spikes last week, are all just a part of his initiation process with a new team.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/06/09 ... hawks-otas

chris98251

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1zatoagk said:
chris98251":1zatoagk said:
DavidSeven":1zatoagk said:
One area I'd like to see if RW can grow in is exploiting favorable match-ups, which I think you're almost always going to have if Graham is one-on-one in the redzone. The spread-it-around approach has been pretty successful so far, but sometimes our receivers and tight ends get lost for games at a time. Can't let that happen with Graham. Of course, you hope Wilson doesn't start forcing it for passing glory either, which in itself was problematic a couple times last year (most notably the NFCCG).

To me, hearing that Wilson is really looking for Graham during practice reps is good news. I say, let's forget the "blend him in" approach we tried with Harvin. Let's actually get a guy some respectable targets. If it leads RW to putting up a monster season, another 'ship and a monster deal, so be it. Greater good.

I think your way off the mark, we did anything but blend in Harvin, Bevell was Bubble screen left, bubble screen right, reverse, bubble screen again, the rest the offense was just going thru the motions. It worked for a game and then was bottled up.

The other receivers were open and the ball was forced to Harvin. I don't want to see that again,

Besides the Dallas game where our entire receiving corps flat-out quit on Harvin, name me one game where this was even remotely true.

Harvin was used effectively against Green Bay, Denver, and Washington. He was pouting during the San Diego game but barely even played.

Why would the receivers as you say quit on a team mate? Because the ball was being forced, because they were not being used, and because he wasn't doing anything when he got the ball.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
chris98251":1e6p94dt said:
Why would the receivers as you say quit on a team mate? Because the ball was being forced, because they were not being used, and because he wasn't doing anything when he got the ball.

I think it makes more sense that they quit on him because he was a pain in the butt who sat out plays, annoyed everyone in the film room and punched other receivers if they got on his nerves.

AVL

Reaction score
Since Rivers was the highest paid player at one short point, what is the big deal that Wilson might hold that position?

Wilson just doesn't look like a franchise quarterback to many people. Hell, it was over two years until they saw him throw a pass from the pocket.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sooo, against the 1's he was nowhere near as dominant. Was that also part of the plan?

Latest posts