Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Interesting. I think Maye is going to suck.

We'll see but I don't think he's going to be a great NFL QB. He looks the part physically but ugh. Feels like the 2nd coming of Trubisky.

Pretty sure I don't want that.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Geno's having a bad start to the season not just 1 game.

Tack on the 2nd half of last year and you're looking at almost a full season of backup caliber play.

That is not worth $35M APY. Geno has to play better or he won't be here next year.

QBR isn’t the be all end all of QB play, but Geno is ranked seasonally as the 11th best QB by QBR (as of posting.) Before this game, Seattle had a Top 10 offensive DVOA, which is not a be all end all stat, but it is informative.

He has been good, with flashes of bad and greatness. He’s extremely effective on early downs and outside of the red zone. He’s been bad on 3rd Down and in the Red Zone. A limited QB, but not terrible. Not being elite, is not the same as being terrible.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Are you a Michigan fan?

If we're gonna target a QB, I would try to trade up for Drake Maye. Chicago could end up with the top 2 picks. In that case, make a deal for the 2nd pick.

I also like Penix. But he doesn't have the upside of Maye.

Leonard is more of an athlete than QB imo.

Agree with you. I’d love to see Maye in Seattle. He’s so quick to pull the trigger when he sees favorable leverage.

Just don’t see how we’re going to pull that one off when teams like NE, Den, Ari, Min will all be looking for QBs more than likely.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Interesting. I think Maye is going to suck.

We'll see but I don't think he's going to be a great NFL QB. He looks the part physically but ugh. Feels like the 2nd coming of Trubisky.

Pretty sure I don't want that.
There's probably not a more natural thrower than Maye in this upcoming class. Great feel for the game on top of it. He's legit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Walker is tied for 3rd most rushing TD's in the NFL this season behind only McCaffrey (who has waaay more attempts) and Mostert (who is playing on a team putting up otherworldly offensive numbers), and you want them to stop giving him touches in the red zone so they can give those touches to someone else. Gotcha.

I disagree.

And he also agreed Charbonnet needs the bulk of the carries in the redzone. Upset PC didnt do it.

KJ Wright Agrees with me. Use your 2 eyeballs. The best guys don't always play, there is a pecking order.

Purdy was 3rd on the depth chart despite being better than both Lance, and Jimmy. Those guys had to get injured for him to move ahead.

Sherman was buried 4th on the depth chart starting out. It took Trufant and Thurmond getting injured for him to start.

In this particular instance Zach has the better skillset to be a goaline back. KJ Wright and anyone with a modicum of football knowledge would agree with this.

People should watch the video a lot of truth in there.

NoGain

Reaction score
Nobody is throwing like Penix in college ball now. If he was more mobile, didn't have his injury history, was a more gifted physical athlete, he'd be the best QB in the draft. Down to Oregon with a little over a minute to play? Two incredible passes and a TD. Guy should easily be the front runner for the Heisman.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
QBR isn’t the be all end all of QB play, but Geno is ranked seasonally as the 11th best QB by QBR (as of posting.) Before this game, Seattle had a Top 10 offensive DVOA, which is not a be all end all stat, but it is informative.

He has been good, with flashes of bad and greatness. He’s extremely effective on early downs and outside of the red zone. He’s been bad on 3rd Down and in the Red Zone. A limited QB, but not terrible. Not being elite, is not the same as being terrible.
QBR is garbage, don't use it.

DVOA is legit, however the Seahawks are stacked on offense talent wise, so I am not surprised they are ranked high.

If Geno was playing merely good they would be #1, they are loaded on that side of the ball.

Geno is dragging them down. He has no showed for large chunks of every game save for Detroit.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
When Geno Is Having A Bad Day Why Leave Him In Take Him Out And Put In Drew Lock
Because Geno is getting paid a lot of money. He is the highest paid player on the team @ $35M APY.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
To me it would be negligent not to take a QB fairly early in the next draft. It's just time. We've got to prepare for the future. We haven't spent much of any draft capital on a QB since RW in the third round.

I go back and forth on Geno, probably because he goes back and forth for me. Today just freaked me out a bit after starting to feel good about him again, at least for the nearer term as our QB. He just didn't look confident or decisive.
Factually, in the last 12 drafts they have spent one 3rd and one 7th at QB.

I'd be surprised if any team has spent less in that span.

However, if Geno was balling--I'd have no qualms with continuing to build around him and continue to kick the QB draft choice down the road.

Unfortunately the opposite is happening and I now believe the urgency to draft a QB is through the roof--and is now there #1 priority. Maybe even trading up with serious capital to ensure they get there guy.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Because Drew Lock would be worse.
After Geno's last 13 games, I'm not so sure.

If Geno lays another egg next week, the Drew Lock contingent is gonna be pretty vocal.

I'm not proposing to bench Geno myself yet, as I think due to investment you gotta ride it out a little longer, but a few more games of this and I would be open to seeing what Lock has.

NoGain

Reaction score
It's Geno's team this year. I'm fine with that. I want to see some overall development, though, from Geno's play, to offensive scheme (especially in the red zone against good teams), to our weapons finding some kind of harmonious equilibrium about their targets. It's far too early to make any final judgments. I just want to see some more overall progress.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno had a bad game. A lot of QBs had bad games this week including Mahomes, Hurts, Allen and even the great Purdy came back down to earth. Dak also had a bad game last week. Most of these QBs are getting paid A LOT more than Geno.

And it could be worse - at least we don't have Daniel Jones and his contract.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We noted this red zone problem for Geno before regular season began. He wasn't doing a good job getting the scores in preseason either. That has continued to be the case to this point, but today was a glaring, in your face, banner warning. Something has to happen and it needs to happen now if our standing this year means anything. We are approaching murderers row for upcoming schedule. Wins will be tough to come by even if our D continues to improve. We can't go on wasting our opportunities to get into the end zone, or at least posting 3 points per trip.
Lock might make some mistakes but his aggressive tendency would produce points on the board, which is something that isn't happening nearly like it should now.
I don't want to bench Geno. I just think we should capitalize on each player's strengths to the best of our ability.

knownone

Reaction score
QBR is garbage, don't use it.

DVOA is legit, however the Seahawks are stacked on offense talent wise, so I am not surprised they are ranked high.

If Geno was playing merely good they would be #1, they are loaded on that side of the ball.

Geno is dragging them down. He has no showed for large chunks of every game save for Detroit.
Geno's also 4th in Success Rate, 8th in CPOE, 15th in EPA, 11th in QBR, and top 10 PFF. Fun fact: the Seahawks are also 31st in protection rate. But, hey, it's all Geno's fault this offense isn't #1 DVOA.

balakoth

Reaction score
The OLine literally vanished today.... why is this being put on Geno...yes, the first interception probably a bad throw if polaced better maybe a better chance or a incomplete..

The second, was on DK... no way to even doubt that.. and the one sack that was on him after getting nothing but pressured for the second half around the edges (right side normally and left middle) was a bad choice (he looked like vintage RW rolling into the off push.. UNG)

The last few plays COULD have been had it wasn't a bull rush through our porous middle... seriously? At this point id rather have our Rookie at center and brown at one of the guard spots... Not having lewis hurt as eventually the middle was just plugged for the run (even though we kept running those Power Rights...??????)

We are suppose to be objective and look at X's and O's, (I Lov ethe 22s) and realize there are gaps in various places... obviously JSN being used as everyone said he should is a GREAT payout.. if it would happen more.. I wanted to see him and bobo with a seam cross on at LEAST one of those plays ... but it wouldn't have mattered with the straight immediate pressure he faced.

There also seemed to be a TON of long developing plays.. or WRs (DK in MOST particular; wasn't hitting his cuts very hard or fast it felt like, I dont hate the guy hes my favorite player and I own his jersey.. but today.. something was up.. hard on various levels across the team)

The playcalling was inventive... but then predictable at the wrong times... If that makes sense? Not even sure how to describe it.. Jeckle and Hyde type vibe within the same quarter

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Geno's also 4th in Success Rate, 8th in CPOE, 15th in EPA, 11th in QBR, and top 10 PFF. Fun fact: the Seahawks are also 31st in protection rate. But, hey, it's all Geno's fault this offense isn't #1 DVOA.
Not anymore. His numbers will tank after this game.

An Even More Fun Fact: Sacks and pressure are largely a QB stat, not an O-Line stat.

Geno needs to get the ball out and go through his progressions quicker.

If he isn't willing to dance, stop holding the ball.

Latest posts