Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's part of the position. Some love the QB, some want him benched, and some are on the fence. It has always been that way.
He's a bit streaky for me, but we HAVE seen him play good ball. I just still don't have the confidence that he can finish games or be cold blooded when the game is on the line. His field vision has me very concerned.
And that's fine, that my OPINION. I'm not trying to blast the guy, I just have reservations about how good I think he is.
And it would be amazing to actually have an opinion w/out getting flamed for it.
He CAN be really good. He was HORRIBLE yesterday.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I saw was Geno not getting DK the ball when he was wide open... and I'm guessing that he heard about it (from DK)... and then Geno zeroing in on DK, holding onto the ball far too long when Tyler and/or JSN were open.

Geno had a bad day. It happens.

morgulon1

Reaction score
But the question I have is, why aren't those same folks upset with Geno for holding the ball, and in some cases are staunchly defending him? He is getting worse returns than Wilson ever did holding it.

Geno Smith broke the Seahawks (R Wilson) single season passing record
In his first season as starter, he also broke completion % and single season
completions. Now you see why your boy #3 came back much too early from his jacked up finger.

For all the football knowledge you have,
You don't mention G Smith playing with a majority substitute line and how that effected his play, timing , eternal clock.
Cincinnati was able to get pressure mainly with a front 4 . That was the game.

I don't think Geno Smith called the goal line plays but he's getting the blame for them not working.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
How do
Geno Smith broke the Seahawks (R Wilson) single season passing record
In his first season as starter, he also broke completion % and single season
completions. Now you see why your boy #3 came back much too early from his jacked up finger.

For all the football knowledge you have,
You don't mention G Smith playing with a majority substitute line and how that effected his play, timing , eternal clock.
Cincinnati was able to get pressure mainly with a front 4 . That was the game.

I don't think Geno Smith called the goal line plays but he's getting the blame for them not working.
How do Genos stats compare for his last 17 games, after the hot start last year? Do those look like the numbers of a guy who is going to lead the team to playoff wins?

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I'm still perplexed why the TE's weren't utilized more in the game.

The Bengals have struggled against TE's all year and have been good against WR's. Perhaps the Bengals just played a great game on D. That being said, the offensive play calling was highly questionable. Especially in the redzone.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think Geno could come out great in the next three games and guys like Fade will still hate.

Geno has the talent and ability to be an upper level QB if he pulls out of his funk. IDK if he will, but I sure hope he does. I know he can do it.

No he's not the "answer" long term, but who really thought he was? With the right team around him, and on his game, we can win with him. I mean Trent Dilfer won a superb owl, Geno has far more talent and ability than that. Not that Dilfer was bad, but it among other examples proves the QB doesn't have to be "elite" for a team to win big. Sure helps, but it's not essential.

I do think in part the play calling is to blame. More emphasis on the run attack, and spreading the ball around would help. I'd like to see Charbonet get 40% of the carries as well.

TBH our defense did pretty well against a potent Bengals team, it's our Offense that failed us, two games in a row now.

morgulon1

Reaction score
How do

How do Genos stats compare for his last 17 games, after the hot start last year? Do those look like the numbers of a guy who is going to lead the team to playoff wins?
Ok " everyday I'm russelin" 😂

Nothing like people getting on .net screaming the sky is falling over one game. You've seen argument , reasons and yes many excuses for Mr Smith and his performance yesterday. I tend to be on the " hey we're 3-2 , SF lost , were getting some starting lineman back ,
Geno has hit a bunch of these passes before so maybe he's not 100% the blame" crowd.

Can I assume you're in the " Geno sucks ,
He's stupid and can't read defense, whatever we have to give up to move up and take a top QB" crowd?

I am not going to agree with you that Geno Smith sucks . Sorry about that.
I know there's a lot more involved than just one player . You obviously disagree.

What do you think of Russell Wilson
" everyday I'm russelin" ?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
We're not getting a top college QB in the draft without burning down our next draft.

The only hope to do it realistically is if you can find a guy who's first round talent that will fall out of the first round for some reason.

I'd be into taking a guy with real star potential (assuming he doesn't come with character issues), on a trade. Hell I think the right coaching could make a franchise guy out of Justin Fields, it's his current situation holding him back.

QB is gonna always be a hard issue, but Geno is not a failure just yet. Two bad games does not make or break a QB, especially considering the OL issues we have...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Not true! Geno has regressed to the point to where he he just flat locks on one WR, and can't read the field or other options. It's becoming pathetic, by NFL standards. Wait until after 49ers twice, Philly & Dallas run, and we're not 500, my guess is Geno has such a bad run, Drew Lock will be starting week 12-17.
I agree, but, Seattle’s offensive line today, was as strong as wet toilet paper. Two-ply wet toilet paper. Every pass down look like a dam was collapsing in 1 second.

Geno, isn’t processing quickly, and Seattle’s line was putrid.

Get rid of them both. Lol.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno looked like hot garbage in that game. Running out of clean pockets, missing wide open receivers, bad decision making, etc,,,. All the things that people blamed Wilson for, but for some reason Waldron is getting the blame on here now. Hmmm.

Did anybody have an ounce of confidence that Geno would get it done at the end of the game? I won $5 anyways. Bet a buddy that Geno would take a sack or throw the ball nowhere near a receiver. Easy money.

And i'll say it again, Bobo needs way more playing time. Guy just makes plays.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
The next two games should be wins and a chance to pad some stats......It gets tough after that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Arizona and Cleveland are not going down without a fight. I'm not assuming wins at all.
If the offense doesn't improve next two week, they can be knocked off. Also, Cleveland has the #1 defense in football. The are giving up UNDER 200 YARDS A GAME. Just sayin.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Geno looked like hot garbage in that game. Running out of clean pockets, missing wide open receivers, bad decision making, etc,,,. All the things that people blamed Wilson for, but for some reason Waldron is getting the blame on here now. Hmmm.

Did anybody have an ounce of confidence that Geno would get it done at the end of the game? I won $5 anyways. Bet a buddy that Geno would take a sack or throw the ball nowhere near a receiver. Easy money.

And i'll say it again, Bobo needs way more playing time. Guy just makes plays.

Waldron is at fault because he refuses to establish a run game. The bengals were ripe to get the ball crammed down their throat specially after we did it in the first drive. Second drive we out there and play bitch ball and get behind the sticks and 3 and out. It was a one score game all game with Geno struggling and he kept putting it on genos shoulders when we have all this talent at RB. Waldron is not a good OC.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
We're not getting a top college QB in the draft without burning down our next draft.

The only hope to do it realistically is if you can find a guy who's first round talent that will fall out of the first round for some reason.

I'd be into taking a guy with real star potential (assuming he doesn't come with character issues), on a trade. Hell I think the right coaching could make a franchise guy out of Justin Fields, it's his current situation holding him back.

QB is gonna always be a hard issue, but Geno is not a failure just yet. Two bad games does not make or break a QB, especially considering the OL issues we have...
Burn it for the right guy

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The difference between Geno and RW is consistency (Geno being consistent). That has its pros and cons.

Geno:
Pro - The offense is going to be consistent all game and pull away if playing well.
Con - If the offense/Geno has not been playing well all game, don't expect any late game come back either. I can think of about 5 games where Geno had a poor game throughout but needed to be clutch in the end and only once was he "clutch". If he's consistently good in the game, expect that victory unless defense craps it out. If he's consistently poor, yeah I expected them to lose in the end...and 4/5 times i've had that expectation I was right.

At this point Geno is like JG on the Niners. If the Hawks are down in the end and its gonna come down to Geno playing under pressure and the offense is completely going to run on his arm and his arm alone. Expect the L. As long as Geno is QB, the game needs to be put away early.

Weadoption

Reaction score
ya but Russel Wilson would have beat the Bengals yesterday because reasons.

morgulon1

Reaction score

C'mon man, don't be saying that!!! Fire Pete, Schneider and cut Geno Smith. Trade the next 2 years picks for a college QB!! That's the ONLY WAY and you won't convince them otherwise.

What puzzles me is that it's a bigger gamble to take a guy out of college.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

Like clockwork...every time.

The D proved to be a solid unit. The O needs their full starting line and red zone improvements.

We lost by 4 to a AFC Championship team over the past 2 years. Cinci predicted by many to go to or win the SB this year.

3-2...a winning record with lots of goodness and a few issues.

I'm optomistic...but not confident at this point.