Geno is the worst season opening QB in Seahawks history.

samwize77

Reaction score
From my chair here, I actually don't care who starts. Just do the best you can. We have an opportunity here, but this opportunity isn't really until next year. And I don't see it as a "tanking season" thing. We have a good group of guys here, a great base to work with on both sides of the ball. Its going to be a season to get everyone more/some experience. I'll assure you if we still had RW.....people here would be griping about some other position(s) or group of positions. As a whole, I think we have done a very good job of looking to the future. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your queen to put yourself into a better position to win the end game. I believe by sticking to their guns and NOT overpaying for someone to come in for a year, PC/JS have strengthened the future.
Long story short.......our cap space and draft picks next year are more important to this team, than a couple/3 more wins this year.......
I'll never tell another fan to temper their fandom/emotions............but for me?.....I believe I see what PC/JS are doin and I'm behind them.

Torc

Reaction score
Kelly Stouffer started 1992, he is significantly worse than Geno.
I remain convinced that Stouffer was ruined by Flores - Knox had him behind Krieg and learning. He went 3-3 in his rookie season - his TD throw after Curt Warner broke his nose with an elbow through the facemask is one of my favorite plays. Dude had some moxie at least. I'm guessing we would have had a good QB competition had Knox remained the coach.

I'd put the worst week 1 QB squarely on Mirer's shoulders - and not his first season either. He regressed, another Flores failure.

WarHawks

Reaction score
"I can take a crap year as long as we get Stroud"

+1000

sdog1981

Reaction score
I remain convinced that Stouffer was ruined by Flores - Knox had him behind Krieg and learning. He went 3-3 in his rookie season - his TD throw after Curt Warner broke his nose with an elbow through the facemask is one of my favorite plays. Dude had some moxie at least. I'm guessing we would have had a good QB competition had Knox remained the coach.

I'd put the worst week 1 QB squarely on Mirer's shoulders - and not his first season either. He regressed, another Flores failure.
Mirer 1996 when it was obvious he was not very good would be on par with Geno Smith.

Rainger

Reaction score
Can you think of another QB who opened the season where 95%+ of the fan base knew it was going to be a rough year because of the QB play?

Can you think of a time where the QB drained the excitement out of the start of the season like this?

At least we felt there was potential with the 90's QBs...this is disheartening. I don't even have season tickets and I want my money back!
Man I think it is time for you to fall on your sword for this post.

Rainger

Reaction score
Not just yet. I want Geno to do awesome but its still Geno, he can crap the bed at any point.
Naw you can't get off that easy. You said he was the worst starting qb ever in the history of the seahawks. That was pointed out to you to be patently false and his play has proved your post totally wrong.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
He is absolutely terrible. He is not just the worst starting qb in seahawks history. I would argue geno at his current level will be one of the worst starting qbs in the history of the league. He is outside the top 30 in every single main qb metric btw. They are tanking although they are interested in Jimmy g if he's released.
Only took a month to go from this to "this team wins three Super Bowls with Geno instead of Russ".

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I was told by you and others during the off season that this team could win this year with Geno Smith at the helm (and that Lock was a viable contender for a starting NFL QB). Posters are now shifting to we knew we would lose but it was the right thing anyway.
This was a lie about me, but it makes me look smarter so we'll ignore it.

Rat

Reaction score
Charlie Frye was pretty bad.
Ah dammit, I remembered this wrong. For some reason I thought Frye started for us in week 1 of the 2007 season. What actually happened was that he won the starting job for the Browns over Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, but was so horrific in their week 1 game that they traded him to us just two days later for a 6th round pick. He made one start for us in the 2008 season.

Weird how our brains work sometimes. No clue why I thought he opened the season for us that year. I must have repressed that season.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
Naw you can't get off that easy. You said he was the worst starting qb ever in the history of the seahawks. That was pointed out to you to be patently false and his play has proved your post totally wrong.
He was the worst starting QB in the history going into the season. Whoever (outside of Welshers) says they backed Geno with thoughts of him having an outstanding season is stright up a liar.

90+% of the fans were chanting that the season was over with Geno, 50% still are.

Geno has yet to beat a winning team this year, or work over a simi solid defence.

Am I pumped for the guy? Freak Yes! But he sucked hard coming into the season and as a game 1 of the season starter, yeah he sucked.

Is he killing it now? Yes, and for his wallet's sake, he best continue because his role as a crappy career back up won't offer him to many contracts in his 11th season.

W

Welshers

Man I think it is time for you to fall on your sword for this post.
Only took a month to go from this to "this team wins three Super Bowls with Geno instead of Russ".
I am happy to eat crow! I was wrong about Geno "cops have small peepees and I don't write back" Smith! He has cemented himself as a Seahawks legend for now and forever! Retire #7!

Rainger

Reaction score
He was the worst starting QB in the history going into the season. Whoever (outside of Welshers) says they backed Geno with thoughts of him having an outstanding season is stright up a liar.

90+% of the fans were chanting that the season was over with Geno, 50% still are.

Geno has yet to beat a winning team this year, or work over a simi solid defence.

Am I pumped for the guy? Freak Yes! But he sucked hard coming into the season and as a game 1 of the season starter, yeah he sucked.

Is he killing it now? Yes, and for his wallet's sake, he best continue because his role as a crappy career back up won't offer him to many contracts in his 11th season.
Like I said before when you wanted to get into a pissing match with me about length of time you have been a fan, you either never watched the team or are blind to the bad QBs that have started over the years.

Just admit it your post was wrong and you were wrong, Geno is nothing close to the worst starting QB in Hawks history.

Rainger

Reaction score
Also your original post was 95+ % of fans hated Geno as starter and your most recent says 90+ % felt that way and still 50% don't like Geno as starter, where do you get your statistics from??? Man just fall on your sword and move on. I have said Hawks will win 8. I will fall on my sword and admit I was wrong if they are under 7, as many have said numbers like 2 and 4 etc.