Geno is one Smart Dude!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to him talk on Brock and Slak, answer questions so intelligently, no canned answers, REAL answers! Love this guy!

Pat my self on the back, because I loved him coming out of West Virginia. I was banging the drum for him in the draft forum all draft season. I didn't think we needed a QB at the time, but I thought he would be a good one for somebody.

GemCity

Reaction score
Was totally wrong about Geno (when whatshisface left). Considering his body of work, you had to of had that vision of Geno in Pete’s system…

Nothing but admiration and respect for this dude now. Class act (sans DUI…we all make mistakes).

Love our QB!!

Boohman14

Reaction score
He comes off as a team first guy. He's has an air of confidence and believes in his teammates. I like that he see Drew Lock as a capable QB and needs to stay sharp to keep his job. Drew has looked good in pre-season. If we can get all our weapons available, Geno will have a monster year.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Geno, has become such a likable guy!

The players also love this guy!

Let’s go, Geno!!!!’
Right on! He's not fake, He plays hard, and his team loves him on both sides of the ball. He doesn't seek to overshadow his teammates but displays leadership by actions. Similar traits to Rich Gannon. I just hope he plays at a high level for a few more years than Gannon did.

Maulbert

Reaction score
People forget, he actually showed improvement with the Jets from his first to second season as starter. Then an idiot teammate broke his jaw in the 2015 training camp, and he was replaced by Fitzpatrick, who proceeded to have the best year of his career before shitting the bed in their season finale (in the most Jets way possible). Geno got written off, bounced to the Giants, where there was much hand-wringing and mouth-foaming when Eli Manning was benched for him. From there, everyone just counted him out.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno always had it. He was dropped into a shitty situation in NY and had maturity issues. He's worked through them to become absolutely beloved by his teammates and is a genuine, bona fide leader. He's exactly the type of redemption story you want to root for.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
People forget, he actually showed improvement with the Jets from his first to second season as starter. Then an idiot teammate broke his jaw in the 2015 training camp, and he was replaced by Fitzgerald, who proceeded to have the best year of his career before shitting the bed in their season finale (in the most Jets way possible). Geno got written off, bounced to the Giants, where there was much hand-wringing and mouth-foaming when Eli Manning was benched for him. From there, everyone just counted him out.
Ben McAdoo deserves justice for his backing of Geno, in hindsight.

bileever

Reaction score
People forget, he actually showed improvement with the Jets from his first to second season as starter. Then an idiot teammate broke his jaw in the 2015 training camp, and he was replaced by Fitzgerald, who proceeded to have the best year of his career before shitting the bed in their season finale (in the most Jets way possible). Geno got written off, bounced to the Giants, where there was much hand-wringing and mouth-foaming when Eli Manning was benched for him. From there, everyone just counted him out.
Yes, I lived in NYC at the time, and Eli Manning had a 210-game streak as a starting QB for the Giants. The coaching staff wanted to play Geno instead, and the fans went berserk. The owners came down hard on McAdoo, and if memory serves, I think they fired McAdoo the next day, and the interim coach went back to Eli. So Geno was completely cheated out of that opportunity.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Geno can continue to play really well, IMO this will be one of the greatest success stories in NFL history.

Dude was left for dead on the NFL scrap heap, and through sheer will, hard work, humility and never wavering in his ability to be a starting QB has resurrected his career after a decade.

Not sure how even the biggest pessimist can not be rooting for Geno to succeed.