PFN Mock Draft asssuming that we keep Geno...

orca

Reaction score
12. Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech (trade our #5 for Houston #12, #33 and 2024 1st)
24. Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M (trade our #20 for Jacksonville #24 and #125)
33. Siaka Ika DT Baylor
46. John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota (trade our #37 and #185 for New England #46 and #105)
62. Marvin Mims WR Oklahoma (trade our #52 and #149 for Kansas City #62 and #94)
83. Mazi Smith DT Michigan
94. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas
105. Emil Ekiyor OG Alabama
121. Tank Bigsby RB Auburn
125. Jaren Hall QB BYU
152. Garrett Williams CB Syracuse
plus 2024 HOU 1st (which could deliver our future QB in Caleb Williams or whoever emerges as the top dude, because Houston will suck again next season)

If we don't sign Geno I'd probaly keep our #5 and go for Will Levis, CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson, whoever is available. I'm sure Will Anderson will be gone by then and I don't trust Jalen Carter after watching him this season.

Edit: I just discovered that I'd better posted this under the general PFN Mock Draft thread but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to delete this one. Sorry!

Last edited:

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Houston has a ton of holes, what are they giving up that much draft capital for?

I enjoy mock drafts, but these simulators are pure fantasy at times.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not to mention that trading out of the top 10 seems like a bad idea. 🤷‍♂️

Well brace yourself cause I don't think Schneider will be able to help himself.

He's never had a top 5 pick to wheel and deal for more picks. So if one of the bigtime game changers like Anderson or Carter aren't there at 5 (which they're projected to not be), then I fully expect Schneider to trade down.

BASF

Reaction score
I don't think the trading down in the mock drafts are realistic. I keep trading down with Vegas, then Car, then Ten to build up more draft picks than they would give up. The proposals they make are like a kid playing make believe. I keep getting offers for our number 5 with multiple fifth, sixth and seventh round picks and they include maybe a 2024 third rounder.

Chevy

Reaction score
Mock draft simulators are fun but unrealistic and prospect rankings are usually not up to date.

I get the trade down greedy side when playing the on the mock simulators.

12forlife

Reaction score
12. Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech (trade our #5 for Houston #12, #33 and 2024 1st)
24. Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M (trade our #20 for Jacksonville #24 and #125)
33. Siaka Ika DT Baylor
46. John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota (trade our #37 and #185 for New England #46 and #105)
62. Marvin Mims WR Oklahoma (trade our #52 and #149 for Kansas City #62 and #94)
83. Mazi Smith DT Michigan
94. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas
105. Emil Ekiyor OG Alabama
121. Tank Bigsby RB Auburn
125. Jaren Hall QB BYU
152. Garrett Williams CB Syracuse
plus 2024 HOU 1st (which could deliver our future QB in Caleb Williams or whoever emerges as the top dude, because Houston will suck again next season)

If we don't sign Geno I'd probaly keep our #5 and go for Will Levis, CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson, whoever is available. I'm sure Will Anderson will be gone by then and I don't trust Jalen Carter after watching him this season.

Edit: I just discovered that I'd better posted this under the general PFN Mock Draft thread but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to delete this one. Sorry!
I dont think you can risk a trade down, and miss out on Tyree Wilson? Dude could be that game changer?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Well brace yourself cause I don't think Schneider will be able to help himself.

He's never had a top 5 pick to wheel and deal for more picks. So if one of the bigtime game changers like Anderson or Carter aren't there at 5 (which they're projected to not be), then I fully expect Schneider to trade down.
I'm going to go on record saying he doesn't trade out of number 5.