Frank Clark Tweet

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Kaep had his break him game against us and was never the same and went downhill, this could be the game that broke Cam, I say break mentally, teams are going to hit him and rattle him now as much as they can. He doesn't like contact unless he is delivering it. Teams will take notice and from now on get the licks in and yes take a penalty if they have to and get in his head.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
He made a "business" decision when he didn't go after the fumble.

hawker84

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is QB's are taught very early to not put yourself in a position to get hurt, it's constantly being pounded into their heads their entire career to let other folks put themselves at risk, the team needs you to be healthy. so I honestly think that was instinct to get out of the way.

However he's not a rookie, he's got to know the severity of the situation, there is no tomorrow, and being down two scores late in the game, you've got to go for that ball, regardless of the outcome. That to me shows his football IQ is severely lacking, Manning would have dove head first for that ball. And you know RW would have.

253hawk

Reaction score
Old Man Peyton was super quick to fall on one of his own fumbles. The only time you don't dive for a ball is in preseason or if you've been eliminated from playoff contention. It's not even so much that he didn't dive for it, it's that he jumped backwards. Peyton threw himself on the ball like he was smothering a grenade.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I can't pretend to know someone I only see on TV, but Cam's actions belie a "me first" mentality.

Perhaps not in a conscious, always-on-my-mind kind of way, but in a way that he's definitely looking out for #1 before all others.

Hawks46

Reaction score
As a player, when you see that ball on the ground, typically the guy who wants it the most gets it. You have to want it more than all the other guys, because it's bouncing around and hard to get to, and guys are fighting over it.

To not want to get that ball in the Super Bowl ? C'mon man.

LolaRox

Reaction score
When I saw it live I was like WTH!! I'm not sure what Cam was doing (or not doing) on this play, but you would think that his instinct would be to dive on the ball. He has shown to be a physical player and not afraid of contact in the past so I'm not sure what to think. They use him as a RB so ' trying not to get hurt ' doesn't make sense.

I do know one thing Russ would've got that ball and Bruce agrees :p

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/696529742032453632[/tweet]

I don't have any problem with Frank speaking on it but he better show up when they play.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Maybe we can believe some alternate theory about why Cam didnt jump on the ball.....

But considering it in context of all of his other me first baby douchebag actions, its pretty easy to put two and two together

mrt144

Reaction score
hawker84":2w3ki3mh said:
Only thing I can think of is QB's are taught very early to not put yourself in a position to get hurt, it's constantly being pounded into their heads their entire career to let other folks put themselves at risk, the team needs you to be healthy. so I honestly think that was instinct to get out of the way.

However he's not a rookie, he's got to know the severity of the situation, there is no tomorrow, and being down two scores late in the game, you've got to go for that ball, regardless of the outcome. That to me shows his football IQ is severely lacking, Manning would have dove head first for that ball. And you know RW would have.

I think he might have also anticipated a bounce that never came.

chris98251

Reaction score
mrt144":2t8a7h1d said:
hawker84":2t8a7h1d said:

I think he might have also anticipated a bounce that never came.

The only bounce he anticipated was the one the defender was going to give him if he went for the ball.

Hawks46

Reaction score
harryjohnson":rwyegmmo said:
jlwaters1":rwyegmmo said:
That play actually says alot. If that was Russell Wilson he dives headlong into the scrum, trying his darndest to get the fumble. Cam surrendered on that play.

RW would have gotten the fumble.

Wilson would've gotten that fumble and turned it into a positive play. He never gives up a on play, much less a game. That showed right there that Newton had mailed it in on the game.

I honestly don't know how that guy is going ot have the mental fortitude to carry the Panthers through the problems they will have next year. And they WILL have them; every SB winning and losing team does.

djb28

Reaction score
I actually defended his choice to step back because in real time and even in slow motion it looked to me that he saw the ball bounce back and instead of jumping in, the smart move was to step back and try to get it. But in slower motion it looks like he gave up on the play. I don't really care as it doesn't effect me in any way. I am just waiting for next seasons Super Bowl. Seattle VS New England

nanomoz

Reaction score
drdiags":3hbmvtwk said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/696535654826520576[/tweet]

NFL Players will make comments on plays they think show weakness. Remember the whirlwind around the comments when Jay Cutler went out against the Packers in the NFCCG? It happens.

This is so true. Any evidence of a toughness or mental edge gives a potential boost. That's one of the games within the game that I love the most.