Frank Clark likes having guns in his vehicles

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Montana boy here. It's a weird state. I'd be curious to know what percentage of trucks don't have a firearm of some sort inside. Hell, I hate guns but used to have a 22 in my vehicle at all times for plugging gophers. Never felt the need for an uzi though.
I don't need to raise my own cattle, or build a nicer greenhouse. Plenty of places to buy groceries. I didn't need to buy a bigger boat this year. I don't need to spend money on nice Japanese knives. My kid doesn't need to install fancy turbos, air intakes, and exhausts on his Audis.

Some things we do, we just do for fun.

I probably wouldn't even want to buy an Uzi now. I've gotten bored of shooting things that aren't accurate past 1,000 yards. Still, it's fun to pull out now and again. Shoot it with friends. It has been surpassed by modern firearm technology, but it is still an important piece of firearms history.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
My favorite Glock is a Model 20. 10mm roughly a .40 cal but a hotter round than a S&W 40 the only drawback is ammo can be a PITA to get
The only loads worth buying for 10mm. Just about everything else is just a .40 S&W with a long casing.

I can also ask a friend of mine with a license to manufacture ammo, what he would ask for full power 10mm loads.

acer1240

Reaction score
I don't need to raise my own cattle, or build a nicer greenhouse. Plenty of places to buy groceries. I didn't need to buy a bigger boat this year. I don't need to spend money on nice Japanese knives. My kid doesn't need to install fancy turbos, air intakes, and exhausts on his Audis.

Some things we do, we just do for fun.

I probably wouldn't even want to buy an Uzi now. I've gotten bored of shooting things that aren't accurate past 1,000 yards. Still, it's fun to pull out now and again. Shoot it with friends. It has been surpassed by modern firearm technology, but it is still an important piece of firearms history.
Oh, I wasn't taking a shot at you doc. Was just pointing out that you having guns in Montana is actually pretty normal around here is all.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The only loads worth buying for 10mm. Just about everything else is just a .40 S&W with a long casing.

I can also ask a friend of mine with a license to manufacture ammo, what he would ask for full power 10mm loads.
I've never had good luck with DoubleTap out of my Glock, either in accuracy, or in consistent speed through the chronograph. YMMV.

Buffalo Bore and Underwood load the same 10mm, 220 grain bullet that runs a true, consistent 1200 fps, for me. The Underwood has an additional coating to reduce lead fouling in Glock's polygonal barrel. Muzzle energy is 703 ft. lbs, vs 641 out of the 1120 FPS 230 grain bullet that Double Tap loads.

Both Buffalo Bore and Underwood load a monolithic solid that, theoretically, should be better in Glocks. I haven't shot either as I am happy with the performance of the hard cast, and I'm willing to accept the tradeoff of lead fouling

Personally, I shoot Buffalo Bore because Tim is in a neighboring state, Idaho, I like what he is doing and has done, and I want to support him. Underwood is in Illinois, perhaps it is good to support guns and ammo businesses in states that aren't 2nd amendment friendly.

acer1240

Reaction score
I've never had good luck with DoubleTap out of my Glock, either in accuracy, or in consistent speed through the chronograph. YMMV.

Buffalo Bore and Underwood load the same 10mm, 220 grain bullet that runs a true, consistent 1200 fps, for me. The Underwood has an additional coating to reduce lead fouling in Glock's polygonal barrel. Muzzle energy is 703 ft. lbs, vs 641 out of the 1120 FPS 230 grain bullet that Double Tap loads.

Both Buffalo Bore and Underwood load a monolithic solid that, theoretically, should be better in Glocks. I haven't shot either as I am happy with the performance of the hard cast, and I'm willing to accept the tradeoff of lead fouling

Personally, I shoot Buffalo Bore because Tim is in a neighboring state, Idaho, I like what he is doing and has done, and I want to support him. Underwood is in Illinois, perhaps it is good to support guns and ammo businesses in states that aren't 2nd amendment friendly.
Idaho is weird. I lived in Sandpoint for a few years and it was very common to see someone in a Walmart or restaurant openly packing. Guns make me nervous so I hated it. It's like they are doing it for show. I'm all for hunting guns and even personal protection weapons at home but do not like them in public. I'm going to argue with myself because I have bought a gun for my girlfriend to keep in her purse. I promise those idiots in Idaho had a chamber loaded with no safety on where a child could easily pull the trigger since they were exposed.

If you feel threatened in Sandpoint frigging Idaho then there is no safe place for you.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why does it matter what gun someone else owns?
I don't care what gun someone owns if it's legal for them
to have it.
In his case it was not and he did it two different times.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Idaho is weird. I lived in Sandpoint for a few years and it was very common to see someone in a Walmart or restaurant openly packing. Guns make me nervous so I hated it. It's like they are doing it for show. I'm all for hunting guns and even personal protection weapons at home but do not like them in public. I'm going to argue with myself because I have bought a gun for my girlfriend to keep in her purse. I promise those idiots in Idaho had a chamber loaded with no safety on where a child could easily pull the trigger since they were exposed.

If you feel threatened in Sandpoint frigging Idaho then there is no safe place for you.
Idaho... Boise might be weird, I wouldn't know, but Sandpoint feels pretty normal. I did spend several years of my youth in the "Sandpoint metro area" , where Sandpoint is "town" for maybe a 40 mile rural radius, and I spend time there every year or two. Lots of bears and cougars, especially bears that would visit our very rural cabin. Ranchers also deal with herd predator animals they may want to take a shot at. Many Sandpoint metro area rural folk routinely open carry as part of their "everyday business" attire, and those are probably some of the packin' people you would see in Sandpoint, visiting Walmart or their favorite Sandpoint restaurant.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Regarding Frank Clark, a young multimillionaire like him is going to a target, so I can understand his desire to be armed when necessary. It sounds like he needs to pay more attention to gun laws; court fines for gun violations are just a cost-of-doing-business to him. Or maybe it's a publicity stunt to discourage knuckleheads from messing with him, given the probability Clark would be armed?

GemCity

Reaction score
I carry a WC EDC X9 and rotate that out with a Bul Armory sas tac ii and Stacatto P (when it’s colder…easy to conceal).

I agree about SBR comments. I’ve preferred AR pistols and by Ohio law, can carry them just as I do a pistol. Typically, I don’t enjoy lugging those around though.

Maybe if I were as famous and a potential target like Frank Clark, I’d reconsider.

But…you’ve got to follow the law….sheesh.

cymatica

Reaction score
I have no problem with a guy driving around with guns, I usually have two or more in my truck, depending on the season, but having them visible, in CA? C'mon man. That's just stupid.
I have more of a problem with American citizens freaking out over carrying a gun.

acer1240

Reaction score
I have more of a problem with American citizens freaking out over carrying a gun.
Well gun racks were invented for a reason. I believe that it is still perfectly legal in Montana to have almost any weapon in your vehicle. In New York or California you're going to have a bad day. Own a gun. Fine, but you need to obey the law. I think we can all agree on that.

cymatica

Reaction score
Well gun racks were invented for a reason. I believe that it is still perfectly legal in Montana to have almost any weapon in your vehicle. In New York or California you're going to have a bad day. Own a gun. Fine, but you need to obey the law. I think we can all agree on that.
Sounds more like New York and California have a problem.

New York is so bad, that if you transport a firearm when flying and follow all the proper protocols, if somehow your flight is diverted to New York, police will be notified you have a firearm in your luggage and you will be arrested as soon as you pick it up. There is no way around it either, even if you are forced off the plane. That isn't a gun problem, that is an intrusive government problem completely abusing their authority.

Instead of lecturing citizens about obeying the law, you should be lecturing those in government about not violating the constitution and abusing their authority.

acer1240

Reaction score
Sounds more like New York and California have a problem.

New York is so bad, that if you transport a firearm when flying and follow all the proper protocols, if somehow your flight is diverted to New York, police will be notified you have a firearm in your luggage and you will be arrested as soon as you pick it up. There is no way around it either, even if you are forced off the plane. That isn't a gun problem, that is an intrusive government problem completely abusing their authority.

Instead of lecturing citizens about obeying the law, you should be lecturing those in government about not violating the constitution and abusing their authority.
Not trying to lecture. Just pointing out facts.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I enjoy shooting my UZI for fun, but in terms of accuracy, and ballistics it is completely outclassed by my 9" 300 blackout. My daughter could shoot that thing accurately to 100 yards when she was 8.

The one time I needed a weapon to confront multiple attackers who actually shot at me, I happened to have both within 3 feet of each other. I chose the modern sporting rifle, as it would have allowed for me to defend myself at a greater distance. Thankfully, the sight of the weapon made my assailants stop shooting, and run the other way.

I keep all my guns loaded with a chambered round. I've never personally had a negligent discharge, but I've seen a few, and heard of more. Every single time the negligent person either said I didn't know it was loaded, or I didn't think there was one in the chamber.

I believe the cognitive dissonance of "treat every gun as if it is loaded," and "I don't keep one in the chamber," leads to too many accidents. Grant Cunningham agrees. If you're a revolver guy, you probably know who he is.

Not trying to argue with your decision, just explaining mine.

I used to be a big revolver guy, but I've migrated fully to Glocks, saving my revolvers for the range. I like having the exact same manual of arms and trigger pull, whether it's my concealed carry, my truck gun, my hunting 10mm... The revolvers all have different trigger pulls etc.

I make an exception for the 22 LR pistol that I carry in the truck. It's for shooting varmints, so it doesn't need to be the same.
That’s a really smart idea with regards to the trigger pulls. That does make a huge difference. I have tried to simplify my firearm choices by keeping the calibers simple. 22LR, 9mm, .45mm, .223, .308, and .270 for a hunting rifle. My dad has 20 different firearms and 20 different calibers. Oi.

As to why an Uzi that’s a great question. I was anti-gun growing up. Grew up here and my High School teachers taught me to fear and loathe them. In college I was blessed to have the rare professor who taught us to challenge everything and think for ourselves. He assigned me to write my senior thesis on the 2A. He told me I had to take a position and argue on behalf of it. Whatever position it was.

After really studying the history, looking closely at the stats (Firearm deaths and what percent are suicide, gang related, police involved, etc.), and current laws and why we have them and there efficacy, the Constitution etc. I completely changed my personal position. Got an A on the paper too as the professor liked my thesis and arguments.

I think once you do this for yourself you’ll find many valid reasons for owning an Uzi and many other weapons including the AR (Armalite not Assault Rifle). At the end of the day having more polite discussions about these kind of ideals is more important now than ever.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I promise those idiots in Idaho had a chamber loaded with no safety on where a child could easily pull the trigger since they were exposed.

And yet, not one reported public, negligent discharge, in all these years of open carry.

Holsters with exposed triggers are exceedingly rare, outside of single action revolvers, and those don't need a covered trigger. Being Sandpoint, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of people carrying single action revolvers, though.

I feel perfectly safe in Sandpoint, and downtown Seattle, because I know how to read stats, read people, and avoid trouble. I'm really not afraid of gun toting citizens, as a group, they are less likely to commit crimes, or have negligent discharges, than cops.

The open carriers are great. If there's a "bad guy," he's going to target those guys first. That gives me time to get to cover, draw my concealed weapon, and plan out how to engage on my terms.

acer1240

Reaction score
And yet, not one reported public, negligent discharge, in all these years of open carry.

Holsters with exposed triggers are exceedingly rare, outside of single action revolvers, and those don't need a covered trigger. Being Sandpoint, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of people carrying single action revolvers, though.

I feel perfectly safe in Sandpoint, and downtown Seattle, because I know how to read stats, read people, and avoid trouble. I'm really not afraid of gun toting citizens, as a group, they are less likely to commit crimes, or have negligent discharges, than cops.

The open carriers are great. If there's a "bad guy," he's going to target those guys first. That gives me time to get to cover, draw my concealed weapon, and plan out how to engage on my terms.
I'm actually not anti gun guys. I just said they make me uncomfortable. If you think I'm challenging your right to carry then you are wrong. Have your weapons, I don't really care. I wonder what the need to open pack in Sandpoint idaho or great falls Montana is though. It's all studly until another child accidentally gets killed.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm actually not anti gun guys. I just said they make me uncomfortable. If you think I'm challenging your right to carry then you are wrong. Have your weapons, I don't really care. I wonder what the need to open pack in Sandpoint idaho or great falls Montana is though. It's all studly until another child accidentally gets killed.
That's the problem, you allow them to make you uncomfortable while thinking people open carry to look cool or studly.