Anyone up for a Frank Clark Reunion?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Isn't Frank headed to prison soon for a thousand years for carrying a gun on Air Force One or some s**t? Whatever happened to his annual illegal weapons charge/arrest?

What lol.

He pleaded no contest and got probation.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Reasons why I do not want to see DE Frank Clark in a Seahawk's uniform ever again.
  • After the Hawks spent 3 to 4 years in developing him, Frank Clark turned his back on the organization.
  • Frank Clark has not appeared in 16 games since he left Seattle after 2018 (5 years ago).
  • Frank Clark has worked his way onto the field for all of 2 games this year (pathetic).
When Denver doesn't even want to keep him, that says a lot. He's got 2 tackles through 5 weeks of play this year.
What are you going to get from DE Frank Clark the rest of the way, maybe 6 tackles?

Frank Clark is not the Nose Tackle this team needs, Frank Clark will not eat up double team's like this Hawk's defense needs, and Frank Clark is NOT the difference maker that this team needs. He isn't a difference maker at all.

A good argument could be made that fielding Frank Clark would likely hinder the development of better young defensive players such as, NT Cameron Young, DE Myles Adams, and OLB's Boye Mafe & Derick Hall.

I'm more inclined to want this team to make a bigger splash closer to the trade dead-line, ignore Frank Clark, and if a better deal isn't there, then save that money for next year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but since he was released, and Denver paid him more than the vet minimum guaranteed, how much would a team picking him up have to pay him? I ask, because they paid well over but most was in bonus. His actual salary was only 1.175 million. I believe he'd be at $1.65 as a vet minimum. If we don't have to meet that number due to his salary already being paid then we should go for it, there's even less risk now. If we still have to pay him guaranteed vet minimum, then it's more of a risk than before. Maybe wait to see if he's available closer to the playoffs?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but since he was released, and Denver paid him more than the vet minimum guaranteed, how much would a team picking him up have to pay him? I ask, because they paid well over but most was in bonus. His actual salary was only 1.175 million. I believe he'd be at $1.65 as a vet minimum. If we don't have to meet that number due to his salary already being paid then we should go for it, there's even less risk now. If we still have to pay him guaranteed vet minimum, then it's more of a risk than before. Maybe wait to see if he's available closer to the playoffs?

Dude gave up 1.7M just to get the hell out of Denver. If that doesn't tell you how big of a dumpster fire the Broncos are right now, nothing will.

Again, I think all things point at Clark going back to the Chiefs for one more SB run at a vet minimum with a couple team friendly incentives.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Dude gave up 1.7M just to get the hell out of Denver. If that doesn't tell you how big of a dumpster fire the Broncos are right now, nothing will.

Again, I think all things point at Clark going back to the Chiefs for one more SB run at a vet minimum with a couple team friendly incentives.

I'm not sure where that number comes from. Looking at Spotrac, I'm just not sure where it is coming from.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

kidhawk

Reaction score

I just looked on overthecap and the numbers there are way different than what they had on spotrac. Very weird.

sounds like he gave up basically the vet minimum to leave, so that makes me think he's planning to sign somewhere for the vet minimum so he is basically not "losing" anything, but there is a risk if nobody signs him (although I am pretty sure that someone will and you are probably right that the Chiefs will be high on that list).

getnasty

Reaction score
Frank Clark is a 4-3 DE who is too big and slow for this type of scheme the Seahawks are playing now, he doesn't fit anywhere in the base nickel package they run and would probably be more of a liability than an asset.
I would be interested in moving him inside on passing downs. Of course it would have to be on the cheap but he seems to shine brighter in bigger games.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Reasons why I do not want to see DE Frank Clark in a Seahawk's uniform ever again.
  • After the Hawks spent 3 to 4 years in developing him, Frank Clark turned his back on the organization.
  • Frank Clark has not appeared in 16 games since he left Seattle after 2018 (5 years ago).
  • Frank Clark has worked his way onto the field for all of 2 games this year (pathetic).
When Denver doesn't even want to keep him, that says a lot. He's got 2 tackles through 5 weeks of play this year.
What are you going to get from DE Frank Clark the rest of the way, maybe 6 tackles?

Frank Clark is not the Nose Tackle this team needs, Frank Clark will not eat up double team's like this Hawk's defense needs, and Frank Clark is NOT the difference maker that this team needs. He isn't a difference maker at all.

A good argument could be made that fielding Frank Clark would likely hinder the development of better young defensive players such as, NT Cameron Young, DE Myles Adams, and OLB's Boye Mafe & Derick Hall.

I'm more inclined to want this team to make a bigger splash closer to the trade dead-line, ignore Frank Clark, and if a better deal isn't there, then save that money for next year.

Turned his back....If memory serves me correctly, didn't we trade him and get something like a 1st and 2nd from the chiefs and a swap of third rounders? Doesn't sound like turning his back to me. Sounds like he wanted more than we wanted to pay him and it also sounds like we got a good deal out of it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I just looked on overthecap and the numbers there are way different than what they had on spotrac. Very weird.

sounds like he gave up basically the vet minimum to leave, so that makes me think he's planning to sign somewhere for the vet minimum so he is basically not "losing" anything, but there is a risk if nobody signs him (although I am pretty sure that someone will and you are probably right that the Chiefs will be high on that list).

Yeah I'm sure he already has a deal in the works, or else he would have stayed.

Which is why I think he's going back to KC. All the necessary lines of agent communication and relationships are there for a quick free agent signing.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Turned his back....If memory serves me correctly, didn't we trade him and get something like a 1st and 2nd from the chiefs and a swap of third rounders? Doesn't sound like turning his back to me. Sounds like he wanted more than we wanted to pay him and it also sounds like we got a good deal out of it.
Yes, Frank Clark turned against this organization. I don't argue with nutballs, so you go find it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yes, Frank Clark turned against this organization. I don't argue with nutballs, so you go find it.
So if we trade someone then you consider that him turning on us? And that makes me a nutball? That's rich.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Frank Clark did turn against his own team. Kidhawk, you are a nutball.
You just locked yourself into a position that you can't defend, on either side.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah the whole "turned his back on Seattle" take is ridiculous.

The Hawks didn't want to give Clark the monster DE extension he was looking for, and also needed to recoup draft picks.

Clark was happy here, and would have stayed if the Hawks gave him the extension he got in KC.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Frank Clark did turn against his own team. Kidhawk, you are a nutball.
You just locked yourself into a position that you can't defend, on either side.

I have stated why he didn't turn against us, yet you have not given a single reason behind why you say he did turn against us. You can use name calling all you like but it doesn't help your case any

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I have stated why he didn't turn against us, yet you have not given a single reason behind why you say he did turn against us. You can use name calling all you like but it doesn't help your case any
Oh, I listed 3 reasons, all posted above.
Either you did not read my 3 reasons already listed, or you don't have the reading comprehension to understand them.