Frank Clark likes having guns in his vehicles

ivotuk

Reaction score
How is it that a millionaire has a code violation on their vehicle?

Or ends up driving/riding with a missing license plate?

BlueTalon

Reaction score

In that missing license plate deal, it sounded like he was a passenger. I think it's kinda messed up to hold that against him. (When someone offers me a ride, I never think to check if the car has license plates or not.)

bigskydoc

Reaction score

It was a missing front license plate. Pretty common to see guys with high-end cars who don't want to mount a front plate.

Shoot, I drive a '11 F350 with 180k miles, and haven't had a front plate for 10 years. Nowhere to mount it. They are required in Montana, but I've never been harrased for it. None of the kids in my son's car club run front plates. The cops will give them verbals for it whenever they pull them over, and they pull them over a lot, but I don't know anyone actually cited.

I have no problem with a guy driving around with guns, I usually have two or more in my truck, depending on the season, but having them visible, in CA? C'mon man. That's just stupid.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Why do you need an UZI ?
They are a little antiquated now, but they are fun to shoot. Whenever I pull mine out, people come over to check it out and shoot it. Kind of like a classic car, everyone recognizes it, and wants to take it for a spin.

It's a handy personal defense weapon, but short-barrelled, modern sporting rifles outclass it, in a similarly sized package. Most people don't want the hassle of owning a short-barrelled rifle, so UZI type guns still have their place.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They are a little antiquated now, but they are fun to shoot. Whenever I pull mine out, people come over to check it out and shoot it. Kind of like a classic car, everyone recognizes it, and wants to take it for a spin.

It's a handy personal defense weapon, but short-barrelled, modern sporting rifles outclass it, in a similarly sized package. Most people don't want the hassle of owning a short-barrelled rifle, so UZI type guns still have their place.
I didn't know we could drive around with assault rifles..I mean shotguns/.30/.30 is one thing
or a handgun.
I'm just wondering here.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I didn't know we could drive around with assault rifles..I mean shotguns/.30/.30 is one thing
or a handgun.
I'm just wondering here.
Assault rifles are way too expensive to drive around with. The cheapest transferrables start at around 12k, and quickly climb from there. It would be perfectly legal to do so, in Montana, but the theft risk would be too high for most.

Interestingly, since an assault rifle would not fall under California's definition of "assault weapon," it would only be subject to the transportation restrictions that apply to all rifles. It appears that it would be perfectly legal to transport it unsecured, as long as it was unloaded. I haven't dug through the statutes in depth, so perhaps a law does exist, but I couldn't find it on a cursory examination.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
An UZI, whether rifle or pistol, would be considered a Category 1 assault weapon, in California, so would have to be unloaded, and in a locked container. You would not be allowed to drive around with it (that's a felony), only transport it between specific locations defined in 30945 (home, business, range, dealer, etc).

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You have to be especially dumb to drive around with a plainly visible gun in California. It's just asking for trouble, even if you are transporting within the law.

We seem to be good at drafting these geniuses, though. Clark and McDowell seem like class A idiots.

ivotuk

Reaction score
You have to be especially dumb to drive around with a plainly visible gun in California. It's just asking for trouble, even if you are transporting within the law.

We seem to be good at drafting these geniuses, though. Clark and McDowell seem like class A idiots.
Clark got us a lot of sacks, and IIRC, a couple of 1st round picks. JS was smart to trade him.

I thought the McDowell pick was risky, but Michigan State hid his issues really well. I believe their head coach got in trouble for all kinds of team violations. I feel bad for McDowell.

As far as UZIs go, if you've got more than one assailant, you will need a lot of bullets. Especially since criminals are using bullet proof vests now.

I have a glock in case multiple criminals try to break in the house late at night, but I prefer revolvers because if things go down fast, you just grab and squeeze the trigger. My guns NEVER have a round in the chamber, which includes my Glock.

A few years ago 4 or 5 criminals were at a guy's front door, and one yelled "Police, we're coming in!" and was laughing as they busted down his door. But the homeowner wasn't fooled. He killed several of them...and they all had guns.

The thing that annoys me about guns, are people who think and act like having a gun makes them someone. It usually does, makes them an idiot. Most of those people end up shooting themselves or a friend or family member. That, and loaded guns with a round in the chamber (ala Earl Thomas) that, and unsecured guns. Guns must ALWAYS be secured!

I'm a member of the NRA, but I also think that people need to pass a test and have a training certificate before they can purchase a gun. I would have zero issues going through a class, I already have gone through Concealed Carry class. I learned a few things in that class and it was really intense. 3 each 10 hour days plus shooting for accuracy. If you couldn't hit the target, no license for you!

Training of gun owners would protect me from inexperienced gun owners. I can't tell you how many times a client has accidentally fired their gun, at least one did it inside camp.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I enjoy shooting my UZI for fun, but in terms of accuracy, and ballistics it is completely outclassed by my 9" 300 blackout. My daughter could shoot that thing accurately to 100 yards when she was 8.

The one time I needed a weapon to confront multiple attackers who actually shot at me, I happened to have both within 3 feet of each other. I chose the modern sporting rifle, as it would have allowed for me to defend myself at a greater distance. Thankfully, the sight of the weapon made my assailants stop shooting, and run the other way.

I keep all my guns loaded with a chambered round. I've never personally had a negligent discharge, but I've seen a few, and heard of more. Every single time the negligent person either said I didn't know it was loaded, or I didn't think there was one in the chamber.

I believe the cognitive dissonance of "treat every gun as if it is loaded," and "I don't keep one in the chamber," leads to too many accidents. Grant Cunningham agrees. If you're a revolver guy, you probably know who he is.

Not trying to argue with your decision, just explaining mine.

I used to be a big revolver guy, but I've migrated fully to Glocks, saving my revolvers for the range. I like having the exact same manual of arms and trigger pull, whether it's my concealed carry, my truck gun, my hunting 10mm... The revolvers all have different trigger pulls etc.

I make an exception for the 22 LR pistol that I carry in the truck. It's for shooting varmints, so it doesn't need to be the same.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I enjoy shooting my UZI for fun, but in terms of accuracy, and ballistics it is completely outclassed by my 9" 300 blackout. My daughter could shoot that thing accurately to 100 yards when she was 8.

The one time I needed a weapon to confront multiple attackers who actually shot at me, I happened to have both within 3 feet of each other. I chose the modern sporting rifle, as it would have allowed for me to defend myself at a greater distance. Thankfully, the sight of the weapon made my assailants stop shooting, and run the other way.

I keep all my guns loaded with a chambered round. I've never personally had a negligent discharge, but I've seen a few, and heard of more. Every single time the negligent person either said I didn't know it was loaded, or I didn't think there was one in the chamber.

I believe the cognitive dissonance of "treat every gun as if it is loaded," and "I don't keep one in the chamber," leads to too many accidents. Grant Cunningham agrees. If you're a revolver guy, you probably know who he is.

I used to be a big revolver guy, but I've migrated fully to Glocks, saving my revolvers for the range. I like having the exact same manual of arms and trigger pull, whether it's my concealed carry, my truck gun, my hunting 10mm... The revolvers all have different trigger pulls etc.

I make an exception for the 22 LR pistol that I carry in the truck. It's for shooting varmints, so it doesn't need to be the same.
My favorite Glock is a Model 20. 10mm roughly a .40 cal but a hotter round than a S&W 40 the only drawback is ammo can be a PITA to get

acer1240

Reaction score

Montana boy here. It's a weird state. I'd be curious to know what percentage of trucks don't have a firearm of some sort inside. Hell, I hate guns but used to have a 22 in my vehicle at all times for plugging gophers. Never felt the need for an uzi though.