Fire Clint Hurtt

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Im being 100% Serious. Please do you have any proof that Pete Developed him? Otherwise stop coddling Petes nuts.

Im Sure you think Pete developed Kam, Sherm, Earl, BB and Maxwell as well right?
The proof is that he's a rookie, drafted 153rd overall, who had dogshit tape in college, and is now playing like one of the best cornerbacks in the world.

There is no reasonable way to claim what you're claiming.

Also, yes! He did develop a lot of those guys! Earl wasn't the same type of centerfielder at Texas, Brandon Browner wasn't even in the NFL when Seattle signed him out of Canada, and Kam was a fifth rounder seen as too big and not good enough in coverage. Sherm 154th overall and a WR convert. Come on lmao

Fade

Reaction score
Pete is a God when it comes to developing DBs. Like the GOAT at it.

However, the reoccurring issues on defense not only continue year after year. They get worse. This is with Pete picking his players and his coaches, for HIS defense.

Poona
Nwosu
Harris
Brooks
Neal
Woolen
Diggs
= The worst defense in the NFL? I'm not buying it. The Coaching/Coordinating is bad.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
The proof is that he's a rookie, drafted 153rd overall, who had dogshit tape in college, and is now playing like one of the best cornerbacks in the world.

There is no reasonable way to claim what you're claiming.

Also, yes! He did develop a lot of those guys! Earl wasn't the same type of centerfielder at Texas, Brandon Browner wasn't even in the NFL when Seattle signed him out of Canada, and Kam was a fifth rounder seen as too big and not good enough in coverage. Sherm 154th overall and a WR convert. Come on lmao

God damn you are delusional Maelstrom. lol.

Sherm Converted in College "come on lmao" once again for his FINAL 2 yrs and oh who was part of his Stanford's coaching staff.. VIC Fangio that's who developed him.
Kam... was and is a natural at his position your reasoning is what? "BeCAusE ThE MeDiA and DrAFT experts" say something? He was the 3rd rank Safety in the nation coming out of college into the 2010 Draft.
Browner was an UDFA with the Broncos before Canada. And was released from the team while he was on IR... Hence why he ended up in Canada. And Just because he played in Canadian Football doesn't mean he was slouch coming here. Oh and lets no forget he was named CFL All-Star for the season he played there AND named to the 09 CFL all Star Team... So once again looks like he was damn well gifted and talented before coming here.
Earl, what? sucked so very much that's why Seattle moved UP and Traded Denver. Seattle drafted the top ranked to top safety/cb.

But yeah Petes some f'ing genuis right!? lol gtfo

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Im being 100% Serious. Please do you have any proof that Pete Developed him? Otherwise stop coddling Petes nuts.

Im Sure you think Pete developed Kam, Sherm, Earl, BB and Maxwell as well right?
Lets not forget that Woods didnt play in the second half andvthey werecwith out Harris against a really good running team so yeah they cant stop the run but they just need to rebuild the D line and they will be fine i really dont think its scheme.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
God damn you are delusional Maelstrom. lol.

Sherm Converted in College "come on lmao" once again for his FINAL 2 yrs and oh who was part of his Stanford's coaching staff.. VIC Fangio that's who developed him.
Kam... was and is a natural at his position your reasoning is what? "BeCAusE ThE MeDiA and DrAFT experts" say something? He was the 3rd rank Safety in the nation coming out of college into the 2010 Draft.
Browner was an UDFA with the Broncos before Canada. And was released from the team while he was on IR... Hence why he ended up in Canada. And Just because he played in Canadian Football doesn't mean he was slouch coming here. Oh and lets no forget he was named CFL All-Star for the season he played there AND named to the 09 CFL all Star Team... So once again looks like he was damn well gifted and talented before coming here.
Earl, what? sucked so very much that's why Seattle moved UP and Traded Denver. Seattle drafted the top ranked to top safety/cb.

But yeah Petes some f'ing genuis right!? lol gtfo
1. I didn't say Earl sucked. Also, they didn't move up for him - Mora traded out of the second in 2009 in exchange for that 2010 pick.

2. The media and draft experts didn't say that about Kam - his draft spot of 133rd overall did. Also, if he was the third ranked safety, why was he the tenth selected that year?

3. Browner was indeed a UDFA, and didn't even stick in the NFL until Seattle signed him.

This is bizarre. You can be angry about this past game without doing... whatever this is, bud. None of this makes any sense at all.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Lets not forget that Woods didnt play in the second half andvthey werecwith out Harris against a really good running team so yeah they cant stop the run but they just need to rebuild the D line and they will be fine i really dont think its scheme.
I've got news for you, the panthers are in the bottom half of the league in rushing offenses. They're not a "really good rushing team".

I've got another bit of news for you, in the last three games we've given up an average of 205 yards on the ground, even with Harris and Al Woods in the lineup. Don't you remember Jacobs doing his best Bo Jackson impersonation on us?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Can we get your "Pete did or did not develop" checklist? Do you have a google doc that shows who does and who does not get credit?
It seems to be completely random. He's just kind of picking random coaches on the respective college staffs the players came from, despite looking nothing then like the players they turned out to be.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I've got news for you, the panthers are in the bottom half of the league in rushing offenses. They're not a "really good rushing team".

I've got another bit of news for you, in the last three games we've given up an average of 205 yards on the ground, even with Harris and Al Woods in the lineup. Don't you remember Jacobs doing his best Bo Jackson impersonation on us?
WOW! you sound like you are emotionally upset. Have a drink man its going to be ok...lol

renofox

Reaction score

#10 (rush offense) LV 283 rushing
#30 LAR 171 rushing
#16 CAR 223 rushing
Total 677 = 226 yds/game

Against 3 not very good rushing teams.

So far, PC is failing spectacularly at re-designing the defense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
WOW! you sound like you are emotionally upset. Have a drink man its going to be ok...lol
I'm chilling. You just made an erroneous statement that I happened to catch. You're free to say anything you want -- but don't be surprised when somebody calls you on it. The same goes for me, i've said some things, many things I was wrong about and I got called on it. It's just how things work.

Fade

Reaction score
Let's not obfuscate things, here. Bottom line is this defense is making backup QBs look like Montana, and no-name RBs look like superstars. With a veteran laden D-Line.

If they struggled at rushing the passer, I'd buy a talent deficiency. These guys didn't have a problem stopping the run last year. They added Nwosu, Harris, and Irvin and became league worst at stopping the run somehow.

If Pete wants to honestly fix this. He's got to trashcan the whole defensive staff.

Hire a top flight DC like a Fangio (or whoever he deems worthy. No more "yes" men.)

And the new DC brings in his guys and takes full control. Pete becomes a figurehead.
This is farfetched however, even though it's what needs to be done. The defense is Pete's baby.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm chilling. You just made an erroneous statement that I happened to catch. You're free to say anything you want -- but don't be surprised when somebody calls you on it. The same goes for me, i've said some things, many things I was wrong about and I got called on it. It's just how things work.
Call me on what, saying the Hawks are not as good as against the run with out Harris and woods? Well thats a true statement...yeah the Hawks have given up some yards even with those guys in but they have also shut down the run as well they had thevrun shut done after the first drive in the first half so im not sure what your point really is but ok..

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

On the 35th anniversary of the MNF debacle even.

cymatica

Reaction score
#30 LAR 171 rushing
#16 CAR 223 rushing
Total 677 = 226 yds/game

Don't forget Tampa

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Let's not obfuscate things, here. Bottom line is this defense is making backup QBs look like Montana, and no-name RBs look like superstars. With a veteran laden D-Line.

If they struggled at rushing the passer, I'd buy a talent deficiency. These guys didn't have a problem stopping the run last year. They added Nwosu, Harris, and Irvin and became league worst at stopping the run somehow.

If Pete wants to honestly fix this. He's got to trashcan the whole defensive staff.

Hire a top flight DC like a Fangio (or whoever he deems worthy. No more "yes" men.)

And the new DC brings in his guys and takes full control. Pete becomes a figurehead.
This is farfetched however, even though it's what needs to be done. The defense is Pete's baby.
Eventually the lack of success has to get to him, no? Going into next year with DK, Lockett, Geno, K9, etc and suffering the same defensive breakdown yet again... He's got to wonder how many more tries he has left with a chance to return to the Owl. Maybe it'l be enough motivation to bring in a stud DC.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
#30 LAR 171 rushing
#16 CAR 223 rushing
Total 677 = 226 yds/game

IIRC, TB was #32 going into our game and we gave up about 250.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how the defense operates? We have a defensive head coach who has oversight and then 2 coaches under him who have similar titles and job specs. Is it a case of no clear direction?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jody Allen can't be happy with what's going on.

Yeah it's a retooling year, but come on! This defense looks schematically broken. Guys can't tackle, can't get off blocks. The D line is more often than not pushed back 4 or more yards.

Just an all around poor defense. Tariq Woolen is the only player worth keeping, the rest of these guys are below average at best. Liabilities across the board.

Their lack of awareness on the same swing pass by the Panthers, and their inability to stop the same counter run out of shotgun called 4 consecutive times was an indication of poor coaching, poor situational awareness, and all around poor football IQ by everyone. This starts from the top down. Heads need to roll.

I'm honestly concerned giving this current staff the controls with a top 3 pick.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete is an elite organization manager and head of an organization. He does so many things well, but he has consistently hired subpar coordinators and put the wrong people in his ear. The fact that Hurtt got a promotion on the position that has consistently under performed since he's been D-Line coach is dumb founding.
Yes. Normally someone will do an exceptional job with their position group and get promoted . Not with woke ass Pete.