Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Packers)

kidhawk

Reaction score
This week we find our team heading to the frozen tundra where we will either find a lame duck or a wild dog packer team. This packer team isn't as good as it's been in years past and their inconsistent play shows that, but they still have some talented players on that field this week. This GB team is 2 games out of first with very little chance at a wildcard shot. This means that they need to probably win out to have a shot at the playoffs. This type of team can be scary, especially with Home field.

Our Seahawks have all but clinched their division and a playoff shot (and could clinch with a win and a Cardinal loss this week), but we still have a fight on our hands for that #2 seed and playoff bye. The Lions are only a 1/2 game behind us and playing a weak Bears team. We need to win to keep ourselves in position for that #2 seeding. Which Seahawks Team will show up this week? That is the big question. We have the ability to beat anyone, but we can have it handed to us some weeks as well. This is the final quarter of the season and we need a strong push for that bye week. Historically this is exactly the time when the Seahawks find a way to elevate themselves, and this would definitely be a good week to do that.

Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Packers 17

Prediction Record: 1-0-0

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I'll go sarly this time. I usually wait until Sunday morning or Saturday night.

Hawks - 25
Pack - 16

It never seems to be a normal score vs the Pack.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Our last loss of the season, just don't like the cold/snow factor...

Packers 20
Seahawks 16

Season Record: 8-3-1

Largent80

Reaction score
An easy Seahawk win.

GB is a shell of their former selves and we go in there and do what hasn't been done since prior to 2008 which is give them a BIG FAT LOSS in December at home.

Hawks 27
Pack 09

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The weather is the only thing that makes me nervous. But the Hawks are a better team at this point so I gotta go with my gut.

Seahawks 17
Packers 13

My Record to Date: 5-6-1

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Will be nervous about Terrell against Rodgers. Have a feeling they try to pick on him a bit. If he holds his own, I love our chances.

Seahawks 27
Packers 24

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The Pack are always hard to beat in December at home, and their offense is pretty legit. Also, I don't trust the Hawks at all on the road this year. I would not be surprised if the team we saw against Tampa shows up this sunday. Last loss of the year hopefully.

Pack 24
Hawks 16

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We all know that poor weather will determine the outcome. I, too, remember the time we got out to a 14-0 lead only to come apart at the seams. We need a great running game if we are to win this game.

Hawks 17
Pack 13

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I think it's gonna be a slugfest but if it's snowing it will be a low scoring event I think

Hawks -21
Pack - 10

RTD 3-1

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawks 27-15. I think the offense is finally ready to take more of the pressure off the defense and control the clock more evenly. That in itself will make a major difference.

I also feel Bennett is going to go off on Rogers, along with Avril and Clark. Lets get him really sore and pissed off!

Rob12

Reaction score
I hate, hate, hate to do this, but I honestly have a bad feeling about this game. I think I've predicted one Seattle loss in my history of participating in this thread...

I think with the Packers' backs against the wall and playing in a frigid Lambeau, my gut tells me this is a loss.

Really hope I am wrong.

Packers 20, Seahawks 16

davidonmi

Reaction score
seahawks have been beaten by strong defensive fronts and good defenses.
packers aren't that

28-25 seahawks.
9-2-1

BAJAHAWK

Reaction score
45 - 24 Seahawks win going away. Our Defense plays inspired gets a pick 6 and 7 Sacks . Rawls runs for over 120, Graham gets 2 TDs, Lockett returns either a punt or a Kickoff maybe both in the game and Russell with the play action runs for over 60 and throws 4 TDs

It is time our experience and will to close this season strong starting with the division title due to AZ losing to Miami and us winning!

GOOD TIMES :irishdrinkers:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sloppy, high scoring game with lots of broken/missed tackles.

Packers: 31
Hawks 30

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As I’ve studied this match-up, I’ve found myself wondering – just how good is this Green Bay team truly? To me, this looks like a game in which Thomas Rawls could have a big day. I know that the numbers suggest that Green Bay is a fairly stout run defense (9th overall against the Run)… but after closer examination, I think this is one of those cases where statistics do lie a bit. They simply haven’t faced a lot of teams who run the ball a lot. The ones who have … have had a fair amount of success doing so …

Ezekiel Elliot … 28 carries … 157 yards … 0 TD
DeMarco Murray … 17 carries … 123 yards … 1 TD
Robert Kelly … 24 carries … 137 yards … 3 TD

And Green Bay has lost each of those games. Russell Wilson could have a big day as well. Green Bay is sitting smack dab in the middle in terms of Pass Defense (17th by traditional measures … and Football Outsiders has them ranked 18th in DVOA). I’d say that’s about right.

Matthew Stafford had a big day throwing against this Packer defense (28/41 for 385 yards and 3 TD’s) …
… as did Matt Ryan (28/35 for 288 yards and 3 TD’s)
… and Dak Prescott (18/27 for 247 yards and 3 TD’s)
… and Marcus Mariota (19/26 for 295 yards and 4 TD’s)
… and Kirk Cousins (21/30 for 375 yards and 3 TD’s)

Not only that, but Green Bay’s Defense has historically struggled in containing mobile QB’s. Though Seattle lost in Green Bay the last time these 2 teams met, Russell Wilson had 78 yards rushing against them. Now that he's finally healthy and clearly mobile again, I would not be surprised whatsoever to see a repeat performance of that.

With Nick Perry out and a host of other Green Bay defenders banged up (barring the weather – which Snow COULD certainly play a factor), I could easily see Seattle’s Offense having a lot of success in this game.
The Packers have won their last 2 contests against a Philadelphia Team that is clearly a fairly whipped puppy at this point in the season … and a mediocre Houston Texan team. I predict Michael Bennett’s return will have an impact on this game, as Aaron Rodgers has been a bit gimpy with a hamstring issue. Earl Thomas’s absence will certainly be felt, but I don’t know if it will be enough to swing the outcome of this one. I KNOW what the numbers say about Green Bay's record at home, in the snow, etc. … BUT, upon further review this looks to me like a game in which the Hawks will ultimately prevail. I’m calling it …

Seahawks 27
Packers 17

Largent80

Reaction score
Packers were ranked #1 early in the year vs. the run but a big part of that was they played Minnesota without Adrian Peterson, Jacksonville without Chris Ivory and caught the Detroit Lions when they were at their worst running the ball.

Smallwood carried 9 times for 39 yards for Philly, and he is hardly a good back.
Against Houston last week (who have zero rushing attack)...Lamar Miller 14 for 22 yards !!!!! slippin and slidin.

Osweiler is not mobile at all and RW poses a big problem for GB who's linebackers are in a bad way right now.

I think we win this easily.