Fahey says Wilson, not Revis, took Baldwin out of Super Bowl

Anthony!

Reaction score
volsunghawk":329neb6y said:
Oh, and for fun...

Since 2012, the Seahawks are 41-9 when the team runs the ball 25 or more times in a game.

Over the same time period, the Seahawks are 23-12 when the team passes the ball 25 or more times in a game.

The team is 5-9 in games where the number of passing attempts is equal to or greater than rushing attempts.

All true but how much of that is because we are not built to pass. We have a bottom 10 pass blocking oline and a wr corps that has never ranked higher than 24th. Now with Graham that might change and also add into the Wilson make sup a large portion of that rushing.

Anthony!

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3g31jgib said:
LymonHawk":3g31jgib said:
I don't believe there is any question that the QB is the most important player on the team...but he is NOT the only player on the TEAM.

RW fits into PC's scheme and visa versa. If our defense gave up thirty points a game, would we win as many games?

How many games in the past three years have we won when we gave up 30 points? More than the games we won when we scored less than 20 points?

From the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have never won a game in which they allowed 25 points or more. They are 0-7 in such games.

From the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have won 8 games and lost 5 when they have scored fewer than 20 points.

Now, everyone fight over what that means.

How many of those 7 losses did we have a lead late in the 4th qtr and gave it up? I am betting a few.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Anthony!":yax5s818 said:
volsunghawk":yax5s818 said:
LymonHawk":yax5s818 said:
I don't believe there is any question that the QB is the most important player on the team...but he is NOT the only player on the TEAM.

RW fits into PC's scheme and visa versa. If our defense gave up thirty points a game, would we win as many games?

How many games in the past three years have we won when we gave up 30 points? More than the games we won when we scored less than 20 points?

From the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have never won a game in which they allowed 25 points or more. They are 0-7 in such games.

From the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have won 8 games and lost 5 when they have scored fewer than 20 points.

How many of those 7 losses did we have a lead late in the 4th qtr and gave it up? I am betting a few.

Why are you so adverse to pinning some of this team's weakness on the limitations of its QB?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3h2cn2tz said:
LymonHawk":3h2cn2tz said:

How much of that is a by product of PCs risk adverse offense? I have little doubt we can score over 30 a game but the way PC wants the offense to run does not allow that on a regular basis.

Fun fact:

The Seahawks have scored 30+ points 15 times since 2012.

8 of those 15 games involved the Seahawks scoring a TD on defense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3qjutynv said:
Anthony!":3qjutynv said:
volsunghawk":3qjutynv said:
LymonHawk":3qjutynv said:

Why are you so adverse to pinning some of this team's weakness on the limitations of its QB?

I never said I was but I am also adverse to pinning thing son him that may not be him. If you followed any game threads I have called Wilson out when he screws up. Also how come no one is saying anything about the epic defensive fails that have caused some of these losses. My issue has always been how the defense and running game gets pass when they do not show up or fail but our QB gets nailed for it all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3ohoim8s said:
Anthony!":3ohoim8s said:
LymonHawk":3ohoim8s said:

How much of that is a by product of PCs risk adverse offense? I have little doubt we can score over 30 a game but the way PC wants the offense to run does not allow that on a regular basis.

Fun fact:

Does not surprise me at all.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Anthony!":1vsy0mtp said:
I never said I was but I am also adverse to pinning thing son him that may not be him. If you followed any game threads I have called Wilson out when he screws up. Also how come no one is saying anything about the epic defensive fails that have caused some of these losses. My issue has always been how the defense and running game gets pass when they do not show up or fail but our QB gets nailed for it all.

Anthony... game threads are not indicative of anything more than emotional yelling through a keyboard. Logic doesn't apply.

you literally (not figuratively) have dozens of posts extolling the virtues of Wilson... almost to a maniacal tremor that can be felt literally (figuratively) on the board.

I also think you take criticism of the QB way too seriously. Outside a very small percentage of people, he is probably the most popular Seahawk on this board.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1emp04qc said:
volsunghawk":1emp04qc said:
LymonHawk":1emp04qc said:

2014 - Dallas: We had the lead with 8 minutes to go. Dallas scored 10 unanswered. Seattle turned the ball over on downs at its own 23 after 3 straight incompletions and then threw an INT on their last possession.

2012 - Detroit: We had the lead with 5 minutes to go. Detroit went 80 yards and scored with less than a minute to go.

2012 - Atlanta: We all know what happened in that game. There's blame on all sides there.

2013 - Indy: Seattle took the lead at the end of the 3rd, then Indy put together a long drive to take it back. Seattle's two offensive possessions in the 4th were a 3-and-out and a pick.

2014 - San Diego: The last time Seattle led in this game was with a minute to go in the first quarter.

2014 - St. Louis: The Seahawks' last lead was at 5 and a half minutes in the first quarter.

2014 - New England: I think we all remember this game, too.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
For the record, when talking about those 7 games, the only one where I think you can point directly at the defense and say, "You failed at your job" was the Lions game in 2012.

There's shared blame in all of those other games.

Melencause

Reaction score
Anthony!":1d7idnf4 said:
volsunghawk":1d7idnf4 said:
Oh, and for fun...

Since 2012, the Seahawks are 41-9 when the team runs the ball 25 or more times in a game.

Over the same time period, the Seahawks are 23-12 when the team passes the ball 25 or more times in a game.

The team is 5-9 in games where the number of passing attempts is equal to or greater than rushing attempts.

All true but how much of that is because we are not built to pass. We have a bottom 10 pass blocking oline and a wr corps that has never ranked higher than 24th. Now with Graham that might change and also add into the Wilson make sup a large portion of that rushing.

Melencause

Reaction score
Anthony!":2fnzjv4q said:
volsunghawk":2fnzjv4q said:
Anthony!":2fnzjv4q said:
LymonHawk":2fnzjv4q said:

Fun fact:

Can you take a break and let some other people post some opinions every other post does not need to be yours

Anthony!

Reaction score
volsunghawk":11mxhsg4 said:
For the record, when talking about those 7 games, the only one where I think you can point directly at the defense and say, "You failed at your job" was the Lions game in 2012.

So the Atlanta playoff game the defense did fine?

It amazes me how there is always blame to share when the defense is questioned but not when the offense is, unless of course it is Lynch.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
volsunghawk":203n1er8 said:

lol..so letting Atlanta get into FG position in a few seconds is Wilsons fault

Let me point out this in the Atlanta game as well

M Lynch.... 16 rushes for 46yards
Wilson..... 7 carries for 60 yards

Lynch also fumbled the ball on our 2nd pos

Our running game was crap that day outside of Wilson. Right before halftime we had 1 yard to go on 3rd and 4th and couldnt run it for the conversion and turned it over on downs at the ATL 11.

How about the games we won where the D crapped the bed..like in Chicago and Denver this year. Wilson had to save the day in OT both games because the D couldnt stop very late last minute LONG drives.

Heck even against the Packers they couldnt even stop them from getting a FG with 1 min left and we had to go to OT where..you guessed it..Wilson saved the day again and won the game. I know Wilson played pretty bad for most of the game and the D held and was pretty good..BUT..how many times does this D just let the other team march right down at the end of games and late in the 4th quarter

Anthony!

Reaction score
Anthony!":1le5mil6 said:
volsunghawk":1le5mil6 said:
Anthony!":1le5mil6 said:
LymonHawk":1le5mil6 said:
Fun fact:

Can you take a break and let some other people post some opinions every other post does not need to be yours

Dude I have a right to post when I want as do you.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Anthony I don't think you're all that off on Wilson. Ignore the haters. They will have to less to complain about after this year. Wilson is set up to have his best year to date.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":20cvblwa said:
volsunghawk":20cvblwa said:

It amazes me how there is always blame to share when the defense is questioned but not when the offense is, unless of course it is Lynch.

I would like you and WilsonMVP to note that I said there is shared blame in all of those other games, and I absolutely believe that the offense deserves plenty of blame for that Atlanta game.

You don't go into the half with zero points if your offense has been performing admirably. You just don't.

Now I'm going to say this next part in small words so it can be understood by all.

If I say that blame is shared, that means I think that you can't point at one unit and say they were the cause of a loss. So that means that if I say blame is shared, I am not only blaming Wilson. I know that might be hard for you to accept.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2lzvpmyo said:
Anthony!":2lzvpmyo said:
volsunghawk":2lzvpmyo said:

I would like you and WilsonMVP to note that I said there is shared blame in all of those other games, and I absolutely believe that the offense deserves plenty of blame for that Atlanta game.

You don't go into the half with zero points if your offense has been performing admirably. You just don't.

Now I'm going to say this next part in small words so it can be understood by all.

If I say that blame is shared, that means I think that you can't point at one unit and say they were the cause of a loss. So that means that if I say blame is shared, I am not only blaming Wilson. I know that might be hard for you to accept.

These words appear to be the same size as the other words.

Just saying.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2ws3w13w said:
volsunghawk":2ws3w13w said:

lol..so letting Atlanta get into FG position in a few seconds is Wilsons fault

Let me point out this in the Atlanta game as well

M Lynch.... 16 rushes for 46yards
Wilson..... 7 carries for 60 yards

Lynch also fumbled the ball on our 2nd pos

Our running game was crap that day outside of Wilson. Right before halftime we had 1 yard to go on 3rd and 4th and couldnt run it for the conversion and turned it over on downs at the ATL 11.

How about the games we won where the D crapped the bed..like in Chicago and Denver this year. Wilson had to save the day in OT both games because the D couldnt stop very late last minute LONG drives.

Heck even against the Packers they couldnt even stop them from getting a FG with 1 min left and we had to go to OT where..you guessed it..Wilson saved the day again and won the game. I know Wilson played pretty bad for most of the game and the D held and was pretty good..BUT..how many times does this D just let the other team march right down at the end of games and late in the 4th quarter

Yeah, you probably shouldn't bring up that Green Bay game.

And the D held Denver to 3 points through 3 quarters. Then the offense gave up a safety. Then Wilson threw a pick giving the Broncos the ball in the red zone. And yet you're going to point fingers at the D for allowing Peyton Manning to look like Peyton Manning for a minute and a half?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xdiuojuq said:
volsunghawk":xdiuojuq said:
Anthony!":xdiuojuq said:
volsunghawk":xdiuojuq said:

These words appear to be the same size as the other words.

Just saying.

Fixed. :mrgreen:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Can I also ask where this linking of Dilfer and Wilson is coming from...Here are Dilfers stats the year they won the superbowl

Regular season (11 games)
59% completion, 1502 yards 12TD, 11INT 76.6 rating

Postseason (4 games)
48% completion, 590 yards, 3TD/1INT 83 rating

Compare that to Wilsons 2nd year when we won the superbowl
Regular Season
63% completion, 3357 Passing yards, 539 rushing, 26TD/9INT 101 QB rating

Postseason 3 games
63% completion, 524 yards, 3TD/0INT 101.6 rating

And its not just on here I have seen this linking of the two on multiple sites...its crazy talk

Latest posts