Fahey says Wilson, not Revis, took Baldwin out of Super Bowl

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1xlov63v said:
You are correct there are a lot of trolls, haters and fake fans here. Thankfully there are a lot of real fans here.

As long as the above poster decides who is and who is a true fan, you're good.

Criteria? All hail Wilson.

Anyone else need not apply.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2oeceire said:
Anthony!":2oeceire said:
You are correct there are a lot of trolls, haters and fake fans here. Thankfully there are a lot of real fans here.

as usual incorrect. I have little problem with taking Wilson to task when he makes mistakes, if you bothered to read any posts I made during games you would have seen I have. There is a difference between taking someone to task due to a bad play or choice that was totally theirs and taking every opportunity to down play anything they do or blaming them for things that you cannot prove was or is all them. Or for that matter like when they do something like say miss an open Wr that every other Qb to include the big 4 do as well, you act like only he does it. The problem is some here really believe any Qb could win here with this defense and run game, despite the evidence showing it is not true. To be critical of a play or choice is one thing to make it seem like anything that goes wrong wit this team is all on that one person is another.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":39o24bvu said:
Ad Hawk":39o24bvu said:
Anthony!":39o24bvu said:

as usual incorrect. I have little problem with taking Wilson to task when he makes mistakes, if you bothered to read any posts I made during games you would have seen I have. There is a difference between taking someone to task due to a bad play or choice that was totally theirs and taking every opportunity to down play anything they do or blaming them for things that you cannot prove was or is all them. Or for that matter like when they do something like say miss an open Wr that every other Qb to include the big 4 do as well, you act like only he does it. The problem is some here really believe any Qb could win here with this defense and run game, despite the evidence showing it is not true. To be critical of a play or choice is one thing to make it seem like anything that goes wrong wit this team is all on that one person is another.

If there are, they are VERY few. Most fans here have a much more moderate view than you're accusing them of, but you lump them in with the occasional extreme case if they don't agree 100% with you.

You've overstated many poster's arguments that haven't completely agreed with your own, labeled them haters, and then expect that they'll agree with your logic. You rarely listen to others' posts to actually hear them and instead jump to conclusions. It's tiresome, and only makes convincing people (and you make some points worth hearing) nearly impossible.

Knock off the hater talk. It's childish, needlessly insulting to life-long fans, and is just meant to flame. Calling names serves no purpose in discussing the actual facts.

As I've said before, I'm not offended--I'm fairly thick-skinned. But you might listen to advice that can help your cause. If not, it may be evidence you just want to troll.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":83gx2g5u said:
Anthony!":83gx2g5u said:
Ad Hawk":83gx2g5u said:
Anthony!":83gx2g5u said:

If there are, they are VERY few. Most fans here have a much more moderate view than you're accusing them of, but you lump them in with the occasional extreme case if they don't agree 100% with you.

You've overstated many poster's arguments that haven't completely agreed with your own, labeled them haters, and then expect that they'll agree with your logic. You rarely listen to others' posts to actually hear them and instead jump to conclusions. It's tiresome, and only makes convincing people (and you make some points worth hearing) nearly impossible.

Knock off the hater talk. It's childish, needlessly insulting to life-long fans, and is just meant to flame. Calling names serves no purpose in discussing the actual facts.

As I've said before, I'm not offended--I'm fairly thick-skinned. But you might listen to advice that can help your cause. If not, it may be evidence you just want to troll.

My hater talk is directed at 2 people who have gone and continue to go out of their way to belittle me and others, and to spread nothing but venom as it relates to Wilson.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Anthony!":1f8qd936 said:
]

My hater talk is directed at 2 people who have gone and continue to go out of their way to belittle me and others, and to spread nothing but venom as it relates to Wilson.
Anthony, I applaud your love of the Seahawks and you're a true blue. That said, they belittle you because you are a fanboy and can't think objectively. You trash anyone who tries to have an objective conversation. You cling passionately to your points even when faced with overwhelming counter evidence.

and you're not the only one on here who is like that.

I think you would do the site a service if you would try to limit your posts in any thread to three or four. After that, you've made your point, no sense continuing to drag the thread down with bickering. Respect that others are true fans too even if they don't agree with you or exhibit their fandom with rabid 12 flag waving.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":272rqjsu said:
Anthony!":272rqjsu said:
]

Anthony, I applaud your love of the Seahawks and you're a true blue. That said, they belittle you because you are a fanboy and can't think objectively. You trash anyone who tries to have an objective conversation. You cling passionately to your points even when faced with overwhelming counter evidence.

I think you would do the site a service if you would try to limit your posts in any thread to three or four. After that, you've made your point, no sense continuing to drag the thread down with bickering. Respect that others are true fans too even if they don't agree with you or exhibit their fandom with rabid 12 flag waving.

I understand your point, but I did not start it, and only give as good as a I get

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Anthony!":yjxdumat said:
SalishHawkFan":yjxdumat said:
Anthony!":yjxdumat said:
]

I understand our point, but I did not start it, and only give as good as a I get
I have to disagree with this, I would know, I'm normally big a target of your ire. There were debates that started way back when that talked about Russell Wilson's monetary worth. Normally it was just me and Tical, maybe a few others having a discussion with the rest of the forum. There were valid points brought up on both sides, yet you have continued to berate us. I have tried to respond to you in a respectful manor, but whenever I, or others bring up points that contradict your viewpoint you have to throw out childish insults like 'haters', or maybe you even accuse us of not being real fans.

I'm done responding to you until you stop hurling these childish insults at me and other people. You have to learn that your world is not THE world. There are 7 billion people on this planet, and with 7 billion people come 7 billion different worldviews, and opinions. We all see things through a different lens, you would do well to understand this. That does not mean that if a person holds a differing viewpoint on a certain subject, (or person) that they are 'haters' or are 'not true fans'. You can have a civil debate with someone of a differing worldview or philosophy, without resorting to insults, or anger.

Look at our very own Kearly as an example. He is what I would consider the best example of internet conduct that I have run across. I have never seen him hurl an insult, or talk down to anybody. He simply bides his time, and compiles his thoughts into a well thought out, concise argument. In fact I have never seen a negative tone towards any posters in the many years that I have been here, no matter how much he disagrees with their thoughts and observations. Most of us, including myself could stand to learn a thing or two from him.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":7o2fxaax said:
what a load of hog wash. New vote for worst post of the century. When that 1 person make sup 74% of the offense then yes. Noone said Wilson is the sole reason for our success, he is just the one player that has the most to do with it. All the rest and all you constant BS about slow start and all is that BS as you still cannot say for a fact if it is Wilson, the game plan, the play calls or any other payer, All you know it is your chance to try a lame attempt at pointing fingers at Wilson. I understand why you took that so personally the truth hurt by the person you responded to was right on.
Wilson cannot be the player most responsible for the Seahawks' success because of one simple fact: Wilson doesn't play defense.

If anyone had to single out anything about the Seahawks that defines the team, they'd say it's our defense. Our defense is not just good, but historically good. Up there with the Monsters of the Midway and the Purple People Eaters.

I don't give a flying expletive how other teams do it; WE do it with defense. That's where our team starts, and that's where it lives.

What I took personally is the characterization of me as a Seahawks hater, and it's because it is so damn hard to keep abreast of the team when they are not on my nightly news, I have to get up at 5 am to catch the games and have the option of either paying extortionist prices from the NFL or scrape the underbelly of the internet for a feed every week. When it took 35 years for me to finally be there for a Seahawks home game even if it was only pre-season.

And it galls me to no end that it's so damn easy for you to hop on the bandwagon and be a fan because the gear is in every shop, they are on the TV and radio, talked about in bars and cafes, busses and trains, and you still don't get the freaking POINT of the team.

Where the hell were you in the days of Harper and The Tabs? I don't recall seeing your handle back then. Where the hell do you johnny-come-lately types get off questioning MY loyalty when I was here before here was here.

Don't you or your mate pee-hole, or "Willyeye" as he so cleverly calls himself, ever question whether or not I'm a fan.

Anthony!

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":19jr6ign said:
Anthony!":19jr6ign said:
what a load of hog wash. New vote for worst post of the century. When that 1 person make sup 74% of the offense then yes. Noone said Wilson is the sole reason for our success, he is just the one player that has the most to do with it. All the rest and all you constant BS about slow start and all is that BS as you still cannot say for a fact if it is Wilson, the game plan, the play calls or any other payer, All you know it is your chance to try a lame attempt at pointing fingers at Wilson. I understand why you took that so personally the truth hurt by the person you responded to was right on.
Wilson cannot be the player most responsible for the Seahawks' success because of one simple fact: Wilson doesn't play defense.

If anyone had to single out anything about the Seahawks that defines the team, they'd say it's our defense. Our defense is not just good, but historically good. Up there with the Monsters of the Midway and the Purple People Eaters.

I don't give a flying expletive how other teams do it; WE do it with defense. That's where our team starts, and that's where it lives.

What I took personally is the characterization of me as a Seahawks hater, and it's because it is so damn hard to keep abreast of the team when they are not on my nightly news, I have to get up at 5 am to catch the games and have the option of either paying extortionist prices from the NFL or scrape the underbelly of the internet for a feed every week. When it took 35 years for me to finally be there for a Seahawks home game even if it was only pre-season.

And it galls me to no end that it's so damn easy for you to hop on the bandwagon and be a fan because the gear is in every shop, they are on the TV and radio, talked about in bars and cafes, busses and trains, and you still don't get the freaking POINT of the team.

Where the hell were you in the days of Harper and The Tabs? I don't recall seeing your handle back then. Where the hell do you johnny-come-lately types get off questioning MY loyalty when I was here before here was here.

Don't you or your mate pee-hole, or "Willyeye" as he so cleverly calls himself, ever question whether or not I'm a fan.

Wring Wils0n can be because the is the one single person who touches the ball the most, and actually needs to do something with it. Because he is responsible for over 70% of the offense. Yes our defense is good, very very good, however there is no 1 player on the defense that is as responsible for how good they are as Wilson is for how good the offense is. Add to that pre Wilson our defense was on the filed 33+ minutes a game, since Wilson they are on the field 27 minutes a game, so him running the offense also helps the defense. So sorry fact Wilson is the single most important player on the team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Anthony!":4nqgjiud said:
KiwiHawk":4nqgjiud said:
Anthony!":4nqgjiud said:

Wring Wils0n can be because the is the one single person who touches the ball the most, and actually needs to do something with it. Because he is responsible for over 70% of the offense. Yes our defense is good, very very good, however there is no 1 player on the defense that is as responsible for how good they are as Wilson is for how good the offense is. Add to that pre Wilson our defense was on the filed 33+ minutes a game, since Wilson they are on the field 27 minutes a game, so him running the offense also helps the defense. So sorry fact Wilson is the single most important player on the team.

Not that i disagree on the importance of Russel Wilson, but your premise is wrong.

Was Trent Dilfer the most important player on the Ravens? % of touches is relatively similar, I imagine.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19u2gfxi said:
Not that i disagree on the importance of Russel Wilson, but your premise is wrong.

Was Trent Dilfer the most important player on the Ravens? % of touches is relatively similar, I imagine.

If not Wilson, then who is the most important player on the Seahawks? Why?

To answer your question, Dilfer was not the most important player on the Ravens but he was a season changing addition to the starting lineup in place of Tony Banks. He was a "game manager" as opposed to what Wilson is. Wilson is a playmaker. Big difference.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PackerNation":3vr7gw4b said:
Uncle Si":3vr7gw4b said:

If not Wilson, then who is the most important player on the Seahawks? Why?

To answer your question, Dilfer was not the most important player on the Ravens but he was a season changing addition to the starting lineup in place of Tony Banks. He was a "game manager" as opposed to what Wilson is. Wilson is a playmaker. Big difference.

Right... that's what i'm saying.

Anthony! had the right conclusion, wrong premise.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
JFC, I am pretty sure we are all fans of the SAME team.... you girls need to pull up your skirts, have a few beers, say GO HAWKS and GTFOI.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1sgewqwn said:
JFC, I am pretty sure we are all fans of the SAME team.... you girls need to pull up your skirts, have a few beers, say GO HAWKS and GTFOI.

The dude literally above you is a Packer fan..

welcome to the internet.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27sulvj2 said:
Anthony!":27sulvj2 said:
KiwiHawk":27sulvj2 said:
Anthony!":27sulvj2 said:

Dilfer did not make up over 70% of their offense, but I understand your point

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I don't believe there is any question that the QB is the most important player on the team...but he is NOT the only player on the TEAM.

RW fits into PC's scheme and visa versa. If our defense gave up thirty points a game, would we win as many games?

How many games in the past three years have we won when we gave up 30 points? More than the games we won when we scored less than 20 points?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":vb1qcau8 said:
I don't believe there is any question that the QB is the most important player on the team...but he is NOT the only player on the TEAM.

RW fits into PC's scheme and visa versa. If our defense gave up thirty points a game, would we win as many games?

How many games in the past three years have we won when we gave up 30 points? More than the games we won when we scored less than 20 points?

From the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have never won a game in which they allowed 25 points or more. They are 0-7 in such games.

From the start of the 2012 season, the Seahawks have won 8 games and lost 5 when they have scored fewer than 20 points.

Now, everyone fight over what that means.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Oh, and for fun...

Since 2012, the Seahawks are 41-9 when the team runs the ball 25 or more times in a game.

Over the same time period, the Seahawks are 23-12 when the team passes the ball 25 or more times in a game.

The team is 5-9 in games where the number of passing attempts is equal to or greater than rushing attempts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2ljiz9gk said:

How much of that is a by product of PCs risk adverse offense? I have little doubt we can score over 30 a game but the way PC wants the offense to run does not allow that on a regular basis.

Latest posts