Everson Griffen

sutz

Reaction score
2_0_6":3nhg29db said:
I'm tired about worrying about comp picks. Sign the BPA. :irishdrinkers:
Yeah, I think some fans are a bit over-concerned about comp picks. I'm sure JS calculates this into his signings, so I don't worry about it, myself. I was just tossing my :twocents: into the mix.

xray

Reaction score
If it doesn't happen remember he's 32 ...that's ok .

hawkfan68

Reaction score

knownone

Reaction score
I am pretty much open to every possible scenario to improve our pass rush given how bad it was last year. If the price is right, I really could not care less if he costs us a comp pick. We have plenty of draft picks. What we need are difference makers on the D-line.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
2_0_6":20zffi56 said:

I'm not saying don't do it because of comp picks, I was just curious. I thought I'd read in an article a few days ago that he was likely to be cut, but him voiding the contract is certainly different than that.

Honestly, I would largely prefer the Seahawks to keep most of their players so they wouldn't have any comp picks to worry about (save for Ifedi, he can go).

2_0_6

Reaction score
HawkGA":2jc1n4a0 said:
2_0_6":2jc1n4a0 said:

I'm not saying don't do it because of comp picks, I was just curious. I thought I'd read in an article a few days ago that he was likely to be cut, but him voiding the contract is certainly different than that.

Honestly, I would largely prefer the Seahawks to keep most of their players so they wouldn't have any comp picks to worry about (save for Ifedi, he can go).

Im actually glad you posted this, I was a bit curious about the comp pick cost (if any) as well. But Im also sick and tired of the Hawks being a but gun shy in day one of FA with the hopes of landing a second tier player and not losing a comp pick. I completely get not wanting to overpay someone, but fill the need with a proven player.

The time is now. The draft capital is there. The cap room is there.

This could/should be an off season that competes for the next few years.

xray

Reaction score
Does his age translate to another 1 year rental for the Hawks ?

TreeRon

Reaction score
"This could/should be an off season that competes for the next few years."
Not if we pick up a bunch of senior citizens.

getnasty

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3rdaz8zn said:
xray":3rdaz8zn said:
Based on history I'd say yes.

That would be ideal but might have to go more then that to get him unfortunately.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
getnasty":37lwrp2l said:
Cyrus12":37lwrp2l said:
xray":37lwrp2l said:
Based on history I'd say yes.

That would be ideal but might have to go more then that to get him unfortunately.
Agreed. I see someone throwing at least a 2 year deal his way. Didnt he lose his mind a couple years ago?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, but he found it again.

Griffin would be a reasonably good fit if the team were to keep Clowney.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Certainly not worth $20 Mil., but he is a capable edge rusher and would fit as a Leo to Clowney's base end. It also goes without saying that the team needs to find ways of creating interior pressure as well.

Finding players who fit who also have a reasonable cap number is going to be an interesting exercise. With griffin I get the concern about age but the same would be true about any player north of 30 except for QBs. Two- three year deal for the player if his health checks out.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
He'd be a good fit if he's still in his 20's, but I'm pretty meh on this right about now.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The real question is this: Does Everson Griffen even want to play football anymore? The guy delt with a major depressive even in 2018, he has been in the NFL for 10 years now.

The one major factor in the Seahawks favor is the fact he played for Pete at USC. so he might show up for one season to see if he still loves the game.

Latest posts