Geno Geno Geno..!!

Donn2390

Reaction score
Simms rates Geno at 15th QB. He has HIGH praise for Geno.
Didn't see this posted yet but if I missed it please delete it. Please watch the video and then immediately delete it before Pitt shows up or heads will roll...!!!

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can see a wide variety of ratings for Geno. Right now, I think he's a solid quarterback with flashes of top talent. My only real concern with him is how he handles high pressure situations. I noticed that when we were down in games he often seemed to put a lot of pressure on himself to make something happen even if it wasn't there, especially when throwing into the endzone. I think it's something he can correct and I think if he does he can easily be a top 5 quarterback perennially in this league.

sutz

Reaction score
I can see a wide variety of ratings for Geno. Right now, I think he's a solid quarterback with flashes of top talent. My only real concern with him is how he handles high pressure situations. I noticed that when we were down in games he often seemed to put a lot of pressure on himself to make something happen even if it wasn't there, especially when throwing into the endzone. I think it's something he can correct and I think if he does he can easily be a top 5 quarterback perennially in this league.
It's also something that an improved defense would help immensely. ;)

zelter

Reaction score
Seems about right - remember the Hawks did not pay him like a Top ten QB. Geno signed a contract well BELOW the franchise tag number

Torc

Reaction score
LOLZ. The next QB on the list at #14 is a former Seahawk.

I think this was a fair assessment, and I get that you have to go a bit by how long they've been playing that well (which explains the #14 pick one spot up the chart from Geno).

All the points that Simms mentioned about Geno himself, along with the multiple improvements to the offensive line, adding some depth to the RB room, and adding someone that hopefully translates to the NFL level as a really solid option in the slot, this offense should be even better next year. I am really impressed with all of the skill positions, not just at the top of the depth chart but how much depth we have. We do fall off a bit on the WR side after the top 3, but I don't think our TE group could be much better and the RB room looks to be well stocked. The one critique left on Geno is clutch factor at the end of a half or game, that he tries to do too much and forces things. With all the options he'll have to throw to, he won't need to force a throw - I have a hard time seeing defenses cover everyone consistently.

I look forward to seeing Geno break the top 10 next year. :p

strohmin

Reaction score
Well to be fair, we had the absolute worst defense in the league. That should take the pressure off quite a bit. Alao, our run game suffered pretty bad towards the end of the year. I expect him to ball out with all the new weapons he has and a year of experience in this system. I am prettt damn excited for this year.

BASF

Reaction score
Well to be fair, we had the absolute worst defense in the league.
Not even close. Twenty-fifth in points allowed. Twenty-sixth in yards allowed. Lions, Vikings, Bears, Texans, and Raiders were worse in both categories.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Sounds about right. And our chances of trading up to find a rookie qb in the foreseeable future who has a good shot at being a top 5 qb are slim to put it kindly. I guess it's Geno or bust.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Not even close. Twenty-fifth in points allowed. Twenty-sixth in yards allowed. Lions, Vikings, Bears, Texans, and Raiders were worse in both categories.
When you know with 100% certainty that the other team is going to run the ball & you still can't stop it to get off the field, you are considered the worst defense in the league.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
by my casual eyes Geno is incredibly accurate inside 25 yards. Id like to see how he stacks up in that category. use that strength. Need YAC.

BASF

Reaction score
When you know with 100% certainty that the other team is going to run the ball & you still can't stop it to get off the field, you are considered the worst defense in the league.
Yet, we weren't even the worst run defense in the league, by more than three hundred yards allowed. Even if you go by rushing yard average, we were a half yard better per carry than the worst in the league. We also gave up ten less rushing touchdowns than the worst in the league.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yet, we weren't even the worst run defense in the league, by more than three hundred yards allowed. Even if you go by rushing yard average, we were a half yard better per carry than the worst in the league. We also gave up ten less rushing touchdowns than the worst in the league.
Cool! Good to know we where way up there in 31st out of 32.

I was gonna make a post moving the goalposts a little bit but we'll leave it that you're correct & we were the 2nd worst run defense in the entire NFL.

Hopefully, we can at least agree that we were, by far, the worst run defense of any playoff team last season?

BASF

Reaction score
Cool! Good to know we where way up there in 31st out of 32.

I was gonna make a post moving the goalposts a little bit but we'll leave it that you're correct & we were the 2nd worst run defense in the entire NFL.

Hopefully, we can at least agree that we were, by far, the worst run defense of any playoff team last season?
Interestingly enough the aforementioned worst yards per carry average was the Chargers who choked away their playoff birth, but they were worse than us. They just faced 68 less rush attempts than we did.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Interestingly enough the aforementioned worst yards per carry average was the Chargers who choked away their playoff birth, but they were worse than us. They just faced 68 less rush attempts than we did.
I gotta admit, I'm shocked by that revelation.

Hopefully, we can at least agree that you've won this discussion.:)

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This.

I love Geno. Geno for Prez!

BUT. You're right - he did get flustered and started forcing stuff. That's why he had the highest rating of 'turnoverable passes'.

I'm chalking it up to post munich. He's also going to be more comfortable now. Commanding from the pocket (which he's already doing according to camp reports) instead of 'interviewing for the job' last year.

He's also got new toys - both pass and run. And hopefully a return to the balanced play calling of the first half of last season.

I agree - he can be top 5. I still argue that we don't 'need' him to be - but hey, that's a different argument/post. ;)

And hey - where's the world changing QB DUO like what the saints pulled on everyone last year. I'd still like to see us fiddle with that!

BASF

Reaction score
I gotta admit, I'm shocked by that revelation.

Hopefully, we can at least agree that you've won this discussion.:)
I never look at it as winning. I just want to make sure that some people are not stuck in their Seahawks bubble. There are fans that never watch other games and have a skewed view of where we actually stand. Our defense last season was very very bad. I called for Clint Hurtt's head several times last season. However, several teams were worse than us. Not coincidentally, most of them were running variations of Vic Fangio's scheme, which has been figured out by the league.