Even Mama Lynch calling for Bevell's head!

Rocket

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":30mviepb said:
Just a heads up to most people around here constantly calling for Bevell's head, this is how you sound. Like an emotional mom.
It's hard for me to think of me as an emotional Mom. Or any kind of Mom.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":y4mrw6j1 said:
cesame":y4mrw6j1 said:
Bevell isn't the "worst play caller ever", but he's certainly not getting the most out of the offense. It is way too vanilla.

Absolutely correct. He needs to trust Russ and open up the playbook, period.

To play devil's advocate, can he trust Russ with the wide open offense when he doesn't want to let go of the ball unless there's no defender near the guy?

Goes both ways. Bevell will probably open the offense up more when Russ shows he can execute it. And when the line shows it can block long enough for it.

Hell he had a HB throwback play called, Lynch just bailed on it because the Rams snuffed it out. That's far from a vanilla play call.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
jblaze":1v01doey said:
As frustrated as I am with Bevell, she should keep her mouth shut.

Wives, sisters/brothers, parents of players need to shut up, it doesn't help anything and only hurts your family member who is on that team and has to deal with this aftermath.

Wow, so you think another Seahawk fan should just keep thier mouth shut. Mamma Lynch is a fan just like the rest of us except her son plays for the team. I would rather hear her thoughts on the team than your blather about restricting her free speech. If you want to disagree with what she says fine, but to say she "should keep her mouth shut" then your way over the line.

Rocket

Reaction score
PhillySeahawk":2s4rbrf6 said:
I guess parents embarrassing their kids when it comes to sports doesn't just happen at the high school level.
Pipe down, Mrs. Beast Mode.
As a PROUD loud-mouthed sports parent, I feel that restraining Mama Lynch would be a breach of family etiquette, the first amendment and an affront to Mom's everywhere.
You go, Girl.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
One of the sayings I apply as much as possible at work is, "Your opinion, while interesting, is irrelevant. Give us the data." I think there are lots of ways to slice and dice Bevell's effectiveness, but in general I think the data would support his existence as the Seahawks OC if you look at number of wins over the past 4 seasons. Then again, that's just my opinion. I'd be more inclined to see a better breakdown than mere wins and losses.

I do find the notion that Bevell called that particularly bad running play in order to justify why he called a slant play in the Super Bowl rather interesting. I don't believe it, mind you, but I can sort of understand. Hubris does crazy things to people and lots of us manufacture crazy theories when the world doesn't appear to make sense.

I was hoping for a running play, but when they ran that particular one I sort of screamed from the lower parts of my bowels to the tips of my long, flowing, full head of luxurious hair. It seemed to play directly into the Rams strength and our weakness. Maybe Marshawn could have seen a better lane, but I'm not a huge fan of handing the ball off from shotgun in goal line situations...and we really could have used a FB in there.

I don't always fall into the "Fire Bevell" camp, and Mama Lynch is entitled to her opinion, but lately I can say that I do understand why a lot of people feel that way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":1qzreur1 said:
Zebulon Dak":1qzreur1 said:
Just a heads up to most people around here constantly calling for Bevell's head, this is how you sound. Like an emotional mom.

And Bevell is the kid that just can't stop screwing up. There is a reason moms get emotional.
BINGO!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":l1t9l7xx said:
cesame":l1t9l7xx said:
Bevell isn't the "worst play caller ever", but he's certainly not getting the most out of the offense. It is way too vanilla.

And as cesame said, don't use Jimmy to block DEs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":351mjk8r said:
PhillySeahawk":351mjk8r said:
I guess parents embarrassing their kids when it comes to sports doesn't just happen at the high school level.
Pipe down, Mrs. Beast Mode.
As a PROUD loud-mouthed sports parent, I feel that restraining Mama Lynch would be a breach of family etiquette, the first amendment and an affront to Mom's everywhere.
You go, Girl.
Exactamundo! :th2thumbs:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aros":n2daqfsn said:
cesame":n2daqfsn said:

But isn't this the way Pete wants it? Stay vanilla until you are forced to take more risk. Bevel is doing what Pete wants. Has worked an awful lot these last few years.

Greenhell

Reaction score
cesame":2thhye48 said:

He's a very close second to Greg Knapp.

rastahawk

Reaction score
You preach it Mama Lynch! No matter what anyone thinks. You preach it because you can. Everyone else can suck it.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
This is just another reason why the NFL continues to be the ultimate in entertainment. You never know what will happen next to get everyone's panties in a twist.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cesame":63qgwjo4 said:
he's certainly not getting the most out of the offense. It is way too vanilla.
Imitation "Vanilla" at that ,LOL

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
She probably understand that offense more than any of us. You can't ask the parents to not be emotional when we're all here saying the same crap. Get it, girl, :th2thumbs:

jblaze

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":294izj29 said:
jblaze":294izj29 said:

Wives, sisters/brothers, parents of players need to shut up, it doesn't help anything and only hurts your family member who is on that team and has to deal with this aftermath.
No offense but people on a fan forum, the whole purpose of which is to discuss, dissect and vent every single detail about their team, are the last ones that should be telling others they need to shut up.

She's just doing what we do, she just gets a bigger soap box because of who she is (or more accurately who her son is).

Speak for yourself.

Also as a quasi celebrity, she should know there are bigger ramifications for her words than just some schmucks on a fan forum and thus her responsibility is greater. She posted it to her facebook page which is a lot different than an anonymous fan forum.

Not even remotely the same thing.

jblaze

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3nue0er8 said:
jblaze":3nue0er8 said:

Wow, so you think another Seahawk fan should just keep thier mouth shut. Mamma Lynch is a fan just like the rest of us except her son plays for the team. I would rather hear her thoughts on the team than your blather about restricting her free speech. If you want to disagree with what she says fine, but to say she "should keep her mouth shut" then your way over the line.

Free speech is fine, you can say what you want but it doesn't mean you should. This has nothing to do with the first amendment.

She has more responsibility than some random schmuck on a forum as the mother of the player at the center of our offense. Nothing good comes out of these haphazard emotional rants 10 minutes after a game from family members. It is not their place and yes, they need to shut up. Last thing I want is my mom sticking up for me as a grown ass man.

Sometimes when your position is elevated you have more responsibility and your words carry more weight. With that responsibility comes restraint and thoughfulness, she'd be wise to use it. It's just dumb and shows a lack of self control.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
BlueThunder":21gz0g1c said:
MVP53":21gz0g1c said:
Tough to argue with that kind of well written, logical, and level headed critique. :34853_doh:

Yep. That's why I found it pretty funny. Perhaps she'd like to take over the offensive play calling... Lynch left, Lynch right, Lynch up the gut, punt.

:lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":1thd2toh said:
Aros":1thd2toh said:
cesame":1thd2toh said:

But isn't this the way Pete wants it? Stay vanilla until you are forced to take more risk. Bevel is doing what Pete wants. Has worked an awful lot these last few years.
Trouble with repetition plays, ESPECIALLY when playing them against a Rival team that you face twice a Year, with players like Quinn, Donald Etc., they have plenty of time to formulate a great Defensive scheme that can and DID neutralize your game plans.
It's like giving your opponent a copy of your playbook, and taking any and all the guesswork out for them.
Oh and, this O-Line is still a few games away from being adept at making the plays go as drawn up.