Rigged for us (and GB)

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
There is no steerage going on. I can accept the league would prefer certain matchups to pad the bottom line but the league is already worth billions upon billions.
There would have to be a conspiracy and the more conspirators there are in a situation, the greater the likelihood of getting exposed.
If cheating the outcome of a game is going on for the benefit of making more $, then gambling and taking advantage would be the norm.
Just imagine if that got out. I would drop my $6500 spent annually on STs. How many would threaten to boycott NFL sponsors Budweiser, Pepsi, et Al.
How much net assets value of the league drops almost overnight. Who would watch the games with the same interest as they had before?
The NFL has the golden egg. Those on charge plan to take good care of it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
GB didn't make the playoffs. Clearly the league didn't "get what they wanted"
Refs being one sided, often? Absolutely

bileever

Reaction score
Maybe the league did the Seahawks a favor. Sometimes when you have nothing to lose, you play better. The Lions played loose and relaxed and made bold decisions. A more cautious team, playing not to lose, might have lost this game.

Weadoption

Reaction score
football is so unpredictable, for all we know special teams decides it.
No doubt in my mind Seahawks come out jacked up and play hard as hell.
keep it close by half and Niners will be feeling the pressure, nobody is immune to that.

umm, 5 gummies have kicked in this post is in wrong place.
did the Niners win yet?

Last edited: