Earl could be traded for a second round pick.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":v3j1epti said:
Well if we're gettting a 2nd, it aint DAllas's.

Not really surprised. I still think what we should want to get for Earl is more than most teams will want to give for him. I just think he's too valuable a piece of our defense to let go cheap if we wish to still be competitive.

jmahon316

Reaction score
At this point, I'm convinced he won't be traded for this year's draft picks

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Certainly looks like Earl will be back. Hopefully it isn't a distraction. I don't think GM's wanted to pay what he's going to want. I think he's an unrestricted FA at the end of this season.

original poster

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3k402qlb said:
Certainly looks like Earl will be back. Hopefully it isn't a distraction. I don't think GM's wanted to pay what he's going to want. I think he's an unrestricted FA at the end of this season.

He is (an UFA).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":16kc9uzv said:
This place is gonna be in complete meltdown mode for the second night in a row once Earl is gone for only a third.

No way he fetches more than a mid-second round value, at best.
Correction, this place will be in complete meltdown mode if he ISN’T traded.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":2mbkgvrn said:
JSeahawks":2mbkgvrn said:
Well if we're gettting a 2nd, it aint DAllas's.

Not really surprised. I still think what we should want to get for Earl is more than most teams will want to give for him. I just think he's too valuable a piece of our defense to let go cheap if we wish to still be competitive.
Agree. Though I think some teams thought they had leverage and could low ball Seattle (see *allas), it looks like they guessed wrong.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
original poster":2cshbtl2 said:
Northwest Seahawk":2cshbtl2 said:

He is (an UFA).

Upon completion of his contract .

poly1274

Reaction score
Why do people want Earl back? He clearly stated he wants to go to Dallas. Meaning this is his last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I strongly suggest you read what he said. The whole statement in context. Especially the first part of it.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Regardless of the stunt he pulled in Dallas, he hasn't stayed healthy for two seasons, wants too much money, and hasn't been a ballhawk for years. He's also a free agent anyway after next year. In all honesty, we should have traded him last season. We're not keeping him, we're stuck with him because his stock plummeted.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":tabes2hi said:
Regardless of the stunt he pulled in Dallas, he hasn't stayed healthy for two seasons, wants too much money, and hasn't been a ballhawk for years. He's also a free agent anyway after next year. In all honesty, we should have traded him last season. We're not keeping him, we're stuck with him because his stock plummeted.
Getting stuck with an All-pro borderline HOF Free Safety is such the nightmare.

toffee

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":39pclwj5 said:

Earl’s action in Dallas is seriously hurting his checkbooks. He is now ‘stuck’ with a team he has checked out on. No other ownership wants a guy that WILL insult their fan base and disloyal to the organization. Unless he came with bargain basement $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hdaz6ec said:
WindCityHawk":1hdaz6ec said:

He hasn't fit that description in two years. There's a reason no one would trade a first round pick for him. Or even a second.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2gij9xh9 said:
Sports Hernia":2gij9xh9 said:
WindCityHawk":2gij9xh9 said:

He hasn't fit that description in two years. There's a reason no one would trade a first round pick for him. Or even a second.
He was injured the year before last, and last season was still pretty good.
The reason no one would trade for him is because of his contract situation and his stated desire to play for *allas “AFTER Seattle is done with him”. Most teams don’t want to trade a first rounder for what they view a one year rental.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/991102127836512256[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/991126567236571137[/tweet]

Well ...... clearly this confirms what most Seahawk fans already knew. Earl is more highly valued by the Seahawks than any other team in the league.

AgentDib

Reaction score
In my book all of the Earl rumors have been fake news based purely on speculation from outsiders. Sure, they made varying amount of sense like most speculation tends to do. But if you consider how much the supposed offers changed over time and the lack of any substantiation it indicates to me they were never based on any real information.

Same with the Malik McDowell is getting released "news". Made up news is more popular than ever.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":6rr2y34g said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/991102127836512256[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/991126567236571137[/tweet]

Well ...... clearly this confirms what most Seahawk fans already knew. Earl is more highly valued by the Seahawks than any other team in the league.
Their price was a first and a third, *allas didn’t cough those up, and tried to lowball Seattle, thus NO ET for Jerruh.