Dont you dare blame injuries

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The Vikings lost 2 starting qbs and their starting rb. Look where they are. If fans here blame the injuries you need to check your head.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Great point! And do you know who has stepped in and replaced Dalvin Cook admirably? Latavius Murray. The guy John passed on to sign Lacy. That makes me sick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Add that the Eagles won without their starting QB. Foles came in and beat the Rams last week too. The same Rams that just put a 40 burger on the Seahawks.

rossob

Reaction score
I don't think the Vikings are a fair comparison. The replacements are better than the former starters.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The defense had the injuries, and they were doing fine until they finally just did the WTF after watching our team 3 and out repeatedly and hand the defense the task of stopping the opposing offense on their doorstep.

The injuries were not the problem, the gameplan was.

adeltaY

Reaction score
rossob":31t9eqyd said:
I don't think the Vikings are a fair comparison. The replacements are better than the former starters.

That is insanity. Keenum is not better than either Bradford or Bridgewater. Murray is nowhere near as good as Dalvin Cook.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
rossob":1ogmu5ta said:

They stepped up. They were back ups for a reason.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Of course you can blame injuries. Our O-line was already poor. Our running game was poor. Our offensive depth is poor

Those teams you just compared to have better defensive/offensive depth. Nick Foles is not Austin Davis. Our team is built around having Sherman, Chancellor, and Earl. So yes, injuries play a factor

Otherwise, just poor personnel decisions

zchurch74

Reaction score
Stop blaming the defense and it’s injuries. We should have back ups and I can step up and not lose 42 to 7. This is on coaching. This is the NFL and there’s no reason even our third string should lose 42 to 7.

Our coaching staff thinks we are better then what we really are. Then need to pull their heads out of their arses and realize they are being out coached.

Pete is vocally and probably one of the most egotistical coaches in the league. Time to wake up.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
adeltaY":a5syr4sz said:
rossob":a5syr4sz said:

That is insanity. Keenum is not better than either Bradford or Bridgewater. Murray is nowhere near as good as Dalvin Cook.
Bridgewater is extremely overrated. Look at his stats for his best year. They aren't good. Bradford had one good game. ONE. It was a phenomenal game, but it was the exception to the rule. Keenum is a baller. He actually has weapons around him. He is the best QB on that team when they're all healthy. Murray is a good starter in this league, and is a rare three down back. I'd gladly take him on the Hawks, any day of the week. Dalvin Cook is just exceptional, though. He is a game changer. He is the future of that franchise.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Our offense doesn't have an injury excuse we are completely healthy on offense. Not a single projected starter on offense is on IR (considering Brown is better than Fant)

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Okay so how did all our defensive injuries turn our offence into dog shit which it has been since the first snap of the season...

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Every team has injuries, but the defensive injuries this year may have just been too much. Other than the front 4, all our pro bowlers were either out or extremely beat up. To some extent, teams need to be built for depth, but not many teams could sustain injuries to that many of their key players.

With that said, there are some fundamental concerns with this team mostly unrelated to injuries. Our defense is getting older and has played a lot of hard football the past 5 seasons. There's no running game (yes, Carter got injured and things would have been somewhat better with him, but I doubt it would have been a huge difference). The offensive line, while occasionally showing glimmers of hope, still doesn't seem to be quite clicking. The passing game has been hit and miss. Special teams seem to have taken a step back from previous seasons.

I still think this core group has a few years where they'll contend for a playoff spot, but I think the dominant team we came to expect is done.

LolaRox

Reaction score
There is no way anyone can blame injuries for the complete ineptness of this offense. The offense isn't missing any starters unless you unless you count Carson (and if you stretch you can count Oday).

The offense is and has been, for awhile, total garbage.

The defense was/is missing all pro players so I did not expect the defense to perform at the same level as pre-injuries. No way the defense could've covered for all those injuries plus KJ being out, Bobby's ailing hamstring and the fact that the offense and ST gave the Rams short fields all game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":hm7awsjm said:
adeltaY":hm7awsjm said:
rossob":hm7awsjm said:

Bridgewater is extremely overrated. Look at his stats for his best year. They aren't good. Bradford had one good game. ONE. It was a phenomenal game, but it was the exception to the rule. Keenum is a baller. He actually has weapons around him. He is the best QB on that team when they're all healthy. Murray is a good starter in this league, and is a rare three down back. I'd gladly take him on the Hawks, any day of the week. Dalvin Cook is just exceptional, though. He is a game changer. He is the future of that franchise.

Bridgewater is unfairly criticized IMO. He was playing behind an OL that was about as bad as ours the past few years. The improvement in the OL and acquiring some better RBs helped the offense more than Keenum playing QB. Bradford has always been on garbage teams and he throws the ball really well and with excellent accuracy when protected.

Keenum is playing well but he is NOT a baller. Very few of his interceptable passes have been caught and his receivers have created many receptions on inaccurate throws. Thielen and Diggs are fantastic.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
zchurch74":t8hmpi8u said:
Stop blaming the defense and it’s injuries. We should have back ups and I can step up and not lose 42 to 7. This is on coaching. This is the NFL and there’s no reason even our third string should lose 42 to 7.

Our coaching staff thinks we are better then what we really are. Then need to pull their heads out of their arses and realize they are being out coached.

Pete is vocally and probably one of the most egotistical coaches in the league. Time to wake up.

I'm not even blaming the defense. We just don't have a competent offense beyond Wilson

We watch our QB pull miracles every week and think we're hot shit. No, we don't have talent on offense. The offense lost us this game, piss poor protection. Receivers can't get separation. Bevell can't get them in space. No running back that's proven. And then beyond that, it puts all the pressure on Russ who isn't even allowed to miss a throw. He has to be perfect passing to give us a shot, and that's also unrealistic

That said, the Rams and Jaguars were literally our worst matchup

daketah

Reaction score
Injuries are a factor, sure.

I'd argue that scheme and strategy are a much more significant factor. That is, until the depth of the roster is depleted to a point where the personnel are not NFL roster-level players.

The Seahawks still have a mostly (BMax being a notable exception) NFL level roster. We have seen many instances of our cuts going to other teams and blowing up (Alex Collins is a recent example). Conversely, we see guys come here and drop off.

Additionally, personnel choices to go with a scheme (ZBS) are an issue if the scheme is virtually obsolete with today's rule book.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
adeltaY":2sftrfpj said:
rossob":2sftrfpj said:

The vikes have a different identity, they are built in the same mold as we were. Strong defense, have an offense that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. That they got a lot out of their offense this year was a bonus but if they took the defensive losses we took this year, take out Rhodes, Griffen, Smith and Barr and let them keep either starting qb and Cook and tell me they're anywhere as good as they are today. It's no excuse for our team to be as bad as they were today but just saying not all losses are equal, it depends on how your teams built as well.

Latest posts