Do we demoralize you???

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
So far this season, when we beat you, you lose the next week too. Is this just a coincidence, or is there something to it? I definitely think the Whiners game following the head to head battle was no fluke. Jacksonville is just bad, and Carolina lost one they should have won. Hopefully the Texans are ready to destroy. But did we demoralize them? I don't see how they could be okay after Sunday.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would think the Texans would have been more demoralized by the way Baltimore handled them.

We are a damn good team, and Houston knows it.

No shame in losing to us, anywhere.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes, I think the Hawks do that. The only other team I recall doing that, every week, was the 1999 Bucs. They did that to the Hawks and everyone else that year.

I bet teams will go 4-12, or similar, the week following a Hawks game this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2zrnkazp said:
I would think the Texans would have been more demoralized by the way Baltimore handled them
Disagree. Mentally, you quasi-justify that because they're the Super Bowl champions, despite looking mediocre this year thus far; plus, that was a road game for Houston. Losing a game late in overtime in front of your home crowd when you held a 20-3 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter has got to be a kick to the balls, punch to the stomach, and slap to the face; all rolled into one.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wvg5l3c said:
bestfightstory":2wvg5l3c said:
I would think the Texans would have been more demoralized by the way Baltimore handled them
Disagree. Mentally, you quasi-justify that because they're the Super Bowl champions, despite looking mediocre this year thus far; plus, that was a road game for Houston. Losing a game late in overtime in front of your home crowd when you held a 20-3 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter has got to be a kick to the balls, punch to the stomach, and slap to the face; all rolled into one.

I could see it working either way. Baltimore sucks, though. That team isn't winning any Super Bowl. Some other Baltimore team did that.

---interestingly, though, there was a Baltimore team a few years ago that had an uncanny ability to seemingly brutalize teams so badly that they nearly AlWAYS lost the following week. It was attributed more to the physicality of the Ravens team, though. It wasn't so much that they took your spirit as they beat you up so badly you couldn't recover in time to be competitive the following week. I will see if I can look back and figure out which year that was. I think this team could do something like that.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I think a big part of it is we are a very physical team. We literally beat teams up physically and mentally. Frustration can be very taxing over the course of a game. I think though the Texans are good enough and physical enough them selves that they will rebound and use that frustration to their advantage. I am also not so convinced about the so called "recovery" of the whiners against the lambs. I get the feeling the whiners are just not as great as they think they are this year and are going to struggle a lot.

Here is to a texan whoopass of the whiners.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I went back to see what happened with Arizona after we laid a historic whoopin' on them at C-Link last year. The next week, they blew out Detroit 38-10. Like you said, Carolina should have beat BUF and JAX just generally sucks. SF was dealing with a number of issues when they were blown out by INDY. Don't really see much evidence to support this idea.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
This has crossed my mind--the Seahawks punk teams out. Especially SF. It's like a prison rape where somebody wanders over for sloppy seconds. ESPECIALLY SAN FRANCISCO.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":30hj9sr3 said:
I think a big part of it is we are a very physical team. We literally beat teams up physically and mentally. Frustration can be very taxing over the course of a game. I think though the Texans are good enough and physical enough them selves that they will rebound and use that frustration to their advantage. I am also not so convinced about the so called "recovery" of the whiners against the lambs. I get the feeling the whiners are just not as great as they think they are this year and are going to struggle a lot.

Here is to a texan whoopass of the whiners.

Agreed with every point. I was editing my post above to add the 'physicality' element as you were posting this.

C-Dub

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2y0j3scc said:
I would think the Texans would have been more demoralized by the way Baltimore handled them.

We are a damn good team, and Houston knows it.

No shame in losing to us, anywhere.
Yup! The embarrassment in Baltimore was step 1 and step 2 was us coming into their house. Houston should be ready to roll on the Whiners.
:thirishdrinkers:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
For the Texans I hope not we want and strongly desire for them to stomp the 49ers this weekend.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1tsxdbvn said:
RolandDeschain":1tsxdbvn said:
bestfightstory":1tsxdbvn said:

I could see it working either way. Baltimore sucks, though. That team isn't winning any Super Bowl. Some other Baltimore team did that.

---interestingly, though, there was a Baltimore team a few years ago that had an uncanny ability to seemingly brutalize teams so badly that they nearly AlWAYS lost the following week. It was attributed more to the physicality of the Ravens team, though. It wasn't so much that they took your spirit as they beat you up so badly you couldn't recover in time to be competitive the following week. I will see if I can look back and figure out which year that was. I think this team could do something like that.

Yup. It was not just Baltimore, but also the Steelers when they had a truly dominating defense. They were so physical, you tended to have more injuries and people were just more beat up after one of their games. They actually followed the stat and it ended up moving the lines in Vegas by a half a point to point at times.

We're that physical that I can see us doing that to teams. It sure looked like that for SF; they lost badly again to the Colts, then ended up embarrasing the Rams...a team they simply couldn't beat last year with a better roster.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2qon0l85 said:
I went back to see what happened with Arizona after we laid a historic whoopin' on them at C-Link last year. The next week, they blew out Detroit 38-10. Like you said, Carolina should have beat BUF and JAX just generally sucks. SF was dealing with a number of issues when they were blown out by INDY. Don't really see much evidence to support this idea.

Hold on now... I'm not suggesting we look back at our entire history. If a team were to do this, and I wasn't saying we are, I was merely asking--they would have to start at some point. That's all.

drdiags

Reaction score
I can see the physicality of the team with the secondary and Big Red, Mebane and the guys on the DL. LBs, not sure I consider them big thumpers. The OL with its ZBS, not sure they beat you up but I will admit that Lynch and Miller can pound you. Maybe I am under-selling the OL?

I know they aren't cream puffs but I don't think of them as physical maulers either. Just a thought.

EDIT: Maybe the fact that the team is dedicated to the run makes them more physical instead of sitting back in pass pro all game like other teams? With that I can admit it adds to the physical nature of the team.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
You are a great physical team. And I'm not detracting away from anything you do. BUT... I think you'd be very naïve to think that you can affect teams the week after you play them. Any franchise in this league lives from week to week. After they play you, they couldn't care less about you except to the extent that you are a lesson for next week.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
OffensivelyPC":2jrzc605 said:
You are a great physical team. And I'm not detracting away from anything you do. BUT... I think you'd be very naïve to think that you can affect teams the week after you play them. Any franchise in this league lives from week to week. After they play you, they couldn't care less about you except to the extent that you are a lesson for next week.

You're going to make me dig through history to find that Ravens team I was referring to. It HAS happened. Mostly, around here, it is just speculation/wishful thinking until we have more data. I will give you that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Basically this.

The Texans and Jaguars also lost the week BEFORE they played Hawks. Maybe the Hawks demoralized them in advance?!?!? The "pattern" ain't much of one considering the Hawks opponents are 5-9 collectively, and not a one of them has a winning record.

formido

Reaction score
Looking back on the Baltimore game, the Ravens got a little lucky. I rewatched that and Houston's defense looked dominating, getting into the backfield every snap. Baltimore got a special teams TD and pick 6. It was probably easy for Houston to rationalize it as fluky.

OTOH, against Seattle, Houston's two scary bullies were left concussed and bloody. That's demoralizing. Opposing fans and analysts can cling to the story line that Seattle lucked out, but Houston's players know the truth: They couldn't score on Seattle for 3 quarters and OT and they couldn't stop Seattle's offense when it mattered. Make no mistake: Houston was UP for this game. If they can't beat Seattle when spotted a big lead and at home and fiercely motivated, they have to suspect there's a cap on how good they can be. Everyone slobs their knob over Cushing and Watt, so to find out that another team is even more physical is deflating.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3amtq3oz said:
OffensivelyPC":3amtq3oz said:

You're going to make me dig through history to find that Ravens team I was referring to. It HAS happened. Mostly, around here, it is just speculation/wishful thinking until we have more data. I will give you that.
Well if that's how you feel, I'd say your giving yourself more credit than you deserve. But it's up to you. I hope your fellow Seahawks fans call you out whenever you lose two I a row.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3vss7ug9 said:
^^^ Basically this.

The Texans and Jaguars also lost the week BEFORE they played Hawks. Maybe the Hawks demoralized them in advance?!?!? The "pattern" ain't much of one considering the Hawks opponents are 5-9 collectively, and not a one of them has a winning record.

It's a little misleading this early in the season. Take out the Jaguars and call us 3-0 and the 3 opponents are 5-2 in games not including the losses to the Seahawks. You make it sound like we beat 4 bad teams when we beat 1 great team, 2 good ones, and bad one.

Latest posts