DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

Scorpion05

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ghnrcmq said:
Scorpion05":2ghnrcmq said:
Hasselbeck":2ghnrcmq said:
edogg23":2ghnrcmq said:
I have a strong feeling you are about to be in even more people’s signatures for years to come with this gem.

I’d love to be wrong. Believe me. Signature this all you want if I am.

So basically what you’re saying is, you get to be an overly negative critic bashing the guy. And will claim complete vindication if you’re right. But if you’re wrong, you’ll just say “Happy I was wrong yay!”

Way to take responsibility lol, you get to have it both ways

As someone who once typically took the same posture on most optimism, I agree it is a nice life. ;)

But I think Hasselbeck has a little in common with me - a contrarian streak plus a willingness to face the downsides head-on to avoid the feeling of "having blinders on". I hate that feeling.

Lol I understand.

And I definitely understand the skepticism around the guy. He could definitely be a bust. I feel good about him however because he ended up with us.

Had he landed with the Buccaneers, Bengals, Jets, etc. I’d be super skeptical. Unfortunately, it’s not discussed as much but a number of NFL prospects end up being busts simply because they didn’t end up with the right coach or organization. I think our team gives many prospects a better chance to succeed than other teams

chris98251

Reaction score
Metcalf and Ferguson are both something Schotty wanted for our offense to open it up, bigger targets means bigger catch radius also and when you add the speed you are not forcing the defense to make choices, can our guys get to Wilson before he throws or do we double cover under and over ? That will leave someone open and or create a seam for a RB to get into.

Throw in we added speed all over in draft picks as well as our hold overs with Lockett and Moore and guys that seen spot duty and then McKissic and Penny it should be fun to watch.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":fwyghpq4 said:
Metcalf and Ferguson are both something Schotty wanted for our offense to open it up, bigger targets means bigger catch radius also and when you add the speed you are not forcing the defense to make choices, can our guys get to Wilson before he throws or do we double cover under and over ? That will leave someone open and or create a seam for a RB to get into.

Throw in we added speed all over in draft picks as well as our hold overs with Lockett and Moore and guys that seen spot duty and then McKissic and Penny it should be fun to watch.

His problem is he doesn't run good routes and doesn't have great hands.

I absolutely hate WR's who drop balls, they are drive-killers. BUT, he's crazy fast and very athletic. He can be taught route running, hands I am not so sure of.

None of this really matters though as these are still-developing athletes. WE really won't know much until at least a year, or probably two, have passed.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkGA":3bapm105 said:
I just starting watching the video linked to above and it shows the 3 cone drill. Notice how he stumbles at one point. Hey, it happens. On such a short timed test, that's going to add a decent amount of time. I wouldn't make too big of a deal about the 3 cone.

He slipped twice. Not sure why that is being ignored by some.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2cca12bb said:
chris98251":2cca12bb said:

His problem is he doesn't run good routes and doesn't have great hands.

I absolutely hate WR's who drop balls, they are drive-killers. BUT, he's crazy fast and very athletic. He can be taught route running, hands I am not so sure of.

None of this really matters though as these are still-developing athletes. WE really won't know much until at least a year, or probably two, have passed.

Read where he had very good hands, one scout to another and one work out or game to another maybe.

Routes, Moss was never known for great routes either or multi dimensional, at least this kid says he is willing to block which is one better then Moss.

Again going back to other posts, Pete doesn't expect this guy to run curls and quick comebacks, his strength is speed, size and ability to go after balls and I think that's how we will use him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I keep reading posts saying Metcalf has bad hands, but all the draft reports, and short clips say the opposite.

I'm thinking he's like a Super Kearse, with the occasional "Oh No!" drop .

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1o9ctohb said:
RolandDeschain":1o9ctohb said:
I wonder if you're ready to actually put something on the line to back your opinion up? A penalty for being wrong, if you do indeed turn out to be wrong.

Sure Roland. When you do that same thing for the countless times you’re wrong we can work something out ;)
I already have a couple of times. Remember the wager I made with MysterMatt?

Also, I'm not ragging on you for having an opinion; making a prediction is not the same thing. Either you're man enough to back it, or you're not. Click my name and search through my posts for a while, and show me the last prediction I made.

Over the years, I've been growing more and more tired of people being Internet tough guys who will predict anything that pops into what passes for their mind, because why not; there's no downside to being wrong. There is zero incentive to try and actually be right.

So - you man enough to put something of substance on the line for your prediction, or do you remain sitting in your chair trying to play wise sage and who cares if you're wrong 9/10 times, or right 9/10 times, because there are no ill effects for being wrong or rewards for being right?

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
ivotuk":xsmezoab said:
I keep reading posts saying Metcalf has bad hands, but all the draft reports, and short clips say the opposite.

I'm thinking he's like a Super Kearse, with the occasional "Oh No!" drop .

I have read/watched clips saying they were "concentration drops." If that is truly the case then that can be corrected.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3h3be5yy said:
HawkGA":3h3be5yy said:
I just starting watching the video linked to above and it shows the 3 cone drill. Notice how he stumbles at one point. Hey, it happens. On such a short timed test, that's going to add a decent amount of time. I wouldn't make too big of a deal about the 3 cone.

That’s not a good indicator of player’s value. Plenty of players have dropped and became tremendous players. Not saying he will be great or bust because at this moment we don’t know. He was rated as one of best, if not the best, prospects prior to the draft. There was a good reason for that too. There are many factors on why a player isn’t picked....a lot of it has to do with team needs. Overall WR was not a position teams were keying on this draft early on.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Man, I can't believe they got him, he's gonna be a playmaker. He's got everything you could ask for, he's strong, tall, fast, can block, can make people miss. I'm pumped. Say what you will about his boom-or-bust potential, but he is a legit deep threat, and now, he's going to be catching passes from the best deep thrower in the league, he's really going to stretch the field. Especially since Schotty loves going vertical.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawks could legitimately set a new NFL record for number of 20+ yard TD passes this year or next year. Exciting stuff.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3c3e8rui said:
TransGenderHawkFan":3c3e8rui said:
HawkGA":3c3e8rui said:

That’s not a good indicator of player’s value. Plenty of players have dropped and became tremendous players. Not saying he will be great or bust because at this moment we don’t know. He was rated as one of best, if not the best, prospects prior to the draft. There was a good reason for that too. There are many factors on why a player isn’t picked....a lot of it has to do with team needs. Overall WR was not a position teams were keying on this draft early on.

I should have been more clear. He slipped twice during his 3 cone drill.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":284uu5yn said:
I should have been more clear. He slipped twice during his 3 cone drill.
I noticed that as well, and I've been wondering why it wasn't mentioned by the mediots.

toffee

Reaction score
There has been lots of talks about Greedy Williams "shout down" DK Metcalf.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/greedy-wi ... d22ef97bb8
[youtube]tLFqzrOaWRw[/youtube]
LSU put Greedy on DK instead of AJ Brown. DK didn't have a good game, he did have a clear in and out of his hands in the 4th quarter. But Ole Miss' play calling and QB play was also not good.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Having a complete route tree is a bonus but the importance is being overstated. When our offense was on fire in the second half of 2015 we had guys like Cooper Helfet, Kasen Williams, Jermaine Kearse, Chase Coffman, and Kevin Smith catching passes. There's no way DK has less agility than any of them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So stoked that he was still available. This pick and BBK from UW were the two that made me yell at the tv, in a good way :2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cyoplasm/status/1122888742195220480[/tweet]

More I read, more I think we might have gotten the steal of the draft. My "too good to be true" reflex is fighting me hard, though, like Kiwi said.

kf3339

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1fm3cdwi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cyoplasm/status/1122888742195220480[/tweet]

More I read, more I think we might have gotten the steal of the draft. My "too good to be true" reflex is fighting me hard, though, like Kiwi said.

^ This is what I'm thinking as well! I just don't get the negativity about this guy at all. We have been wanting a bonafide tall WR for years that could do things our shorter guys just don't have the ability to accomplish. No knock against them, but this guy could solve so many problems with our passing game, and completely change how defenses can line up against us in the box with our run game. We may have found several answers in just one player.

And for a low 2nd round pick? What the hell is wrong with that?

toffee

Reaction score
I suspect that DK's achievement so far could be 85% his gift/talent, 15% skill, he might have the kind of body that puts on muscle too easily. Together, he is overdeveloped in his power, underdeveloped in some nuance that guys like Angry Doug excelled in. Hoping that he is willing to sacrifice whatever it takes for the next level, cause he will be very special if he could improve his skills.

Pete said post draft announcement that the team will focus on leverage his current skill set before adding to it, Russ emphasis on if DK is a willing worker. To me, it hinted that Russ felt like DK needs work to improve his skill set, or change his training emphasis, but Pete wants to do all of that slowly as not to confuse the poor kid.