DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

vasilim

Reaction score
lmao the analysts talking 1.9% bodyfat like its achievable or his real bodyfat percentage. Hes probably more like 7-8%.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
[youtube]Y9EAnLHj2v4[/youtube]

I was a little cautious with my enthusiasm for this pick, but this video has me pumped!!! Something my kids say now a days lol

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
massari":2gfeya0h said:
Mistashoesta":2gfeya0h said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NathanE11/status/1121952293966893056[/tweet]
Just shows how bad NCAA/NFL drug testing is lol

Madrid Hawk":2gfeya0h said:
Like any draft pick, he may work out and he may not. But 90% of this board is ALWAYS complaining about not taking a big-name home run-type player.

And now they have.
People complaining about people not happy with certain picks are actually the annoying ones

Ah, the old, " he must be on steroids" because he is big, argument. Usually employed by those unwilling to put in the work to look that way.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
vasilim":2bbqlppz said:
lmao the analysts talking 1.9% bodyfat like its achievable or his real bodyfat percentage. Hes probably more like 7-8%.

He is less than 7% or 8% based on the picture, but definitely not 1.9%

misfit

Reaction score
Mick063":2uddmk96 said:
misfit":2uddmk96 said:
Y'all gotta stop w the Julio comparisons. Julio is a way more complete athlete than DK

Julio may be a more polished receiver, but "way" more complete athlete?

Dude, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. The combine numbers (vertical, bench press, 40, as a composite) are the best since.....Julio. Size, strength, leaping ability, and speed. In spades.
You are cherry picking the stats you want to make them comparable. 3-cone drill and shuttle are very important for a receiver to be able to get in and out of cuts for lateral quickness. Julio killed it at the combine at all his drills and is one of the best athletes the nfl has seen at wr for his size, which is why Julio was a top 10 pick.

I dont hate DK, I actually like the pick a lot for where they got him. The way Russ has to put his deep balls with pinpoint accuracy to our "midget" receivers it will be nice to have a big target that is still crazy fast. On top of that even if his route running is somewhat basic we dont have an advanced offensive system and I dont think he needs to run a ton of routes. Even David Moore made a small impact last year with only go routes. I guess thats the good and the bad with Schotty as an OC.

I do think his bulk may be hindering his lateral quickness though. I think if he trimmed down just a little bit that he would be able to get out of cuts quicker and be a better wide receiver for it. I just hope that Baldwin doesn't retire because I really wanted to see Baldwin, Lockett, and DK on the field at the same time.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I just starting watching the video linked to above and it shows the 3 cone drill. Notice how he stumbles at one point. Hey, it happens. On such a short timed test, that's going to add a decent amount of time. I wouldn't make too big of a deal about the 3 cone.

toffee

Reaction score
misfit":3sca6hpu said:
Mick063":3sca6hpu said:
misfit":3sca6hpu said:
Y'all gotta stop w the Julio comparisons. Julio is a way more complete athlete than DK

Julio may be a more polished receiver, but "way" more complete athlete?

Dude, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. The combine numbers (vertical, bench press, 40, as a composite) are the best since.....Julio. Size, strength, leaping ability, and speed. In spades.
You are cherry picking the stats you want to make them comparable. 3-cone drill and shuttle are very important for a receiver to be able to get in and out of cuts for lateral quickness. Julio killed it at the combine at all his drills and is one of the best athletes the nfl has seen at wr for his size, which is why Julio was a top 10 pick.

I dont hate DK, I actually like the pick a lot for where they got him. The way Russ has to put his deep balls with pinpoint accuracy to our "midget" receivers it will be nice to have a big target that is still crazy fast. On top of that even if his route running is somewhat basic we dont have an advanced offensive system and I dont think he needs to run a ton of routes. Even David Moore made a small impact last year with only go routes. I guess thats the good and the bad with Schotty as an OC.

I do think his bulk may be hindering his lateral quickness though. I think if he trimmed down just a little bit that he would be able to get out of cuts quicker and be a better wide receiver for it. I just hope that Baldwin doesn't retire because I really wanted to see Baldwin, Lockett, and DK on the field at the same time.
tall muscular dudes normally don’t do well on 3 cones, not even randy moss, his was 7.19 sec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkGA

Reaction score
So I'm watching the video, and one thing that jumps out at me is the person making the video talks about how Metcalf would be really good on slants, but that Ole Miss simply never thrown slants to him. But . . . . the Seahawks don't do much in the way of slants either, do they? Has that been a personnel thing and will that change with the addition of Metcalf?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2tk7zz6b said:
I'll just leave this here and let the ones worrying about 3 cones look at it again as it was posted already IN THIS VERY THREAD!

[youtube]Y9EAnLHj2v4[/youtube]

:lol: at this video.

Tries to compare the guy to Calvin Johnson, a Top-5 all time WR. Says DK can dominate on slants and that all the other route running doesn’t matter... then proceeds to show DK only running go routes and curls.

The kid can’t do anything else but run straight or run straight and stop.

massari

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":4dltx9cq said:
Ah, the old, " he must be on steroids" because he is big, argument. Usually employed by those unwilling to put in the work to look that way.
haha

Also his Dad got busted when he played for the Bears
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3641653

PED experts call drug tests in pro sports an "IQ test". Figure that one out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
edogg23":5uiir5dv said:
Hasselbeck":5uiir5dv said:
Hate this pick with every fiber of my being. He’s nowhere near as good as people think he is. Just a combine warrior and we got suckered into taking him because better WR’s were taken.

Loved the first two picks but this one :puke:
I have a strong feeling you are about to be in even more people’s signatures for years to come with this gem.

I’d love to be wrong. Believe me. Signature this all you want if I am.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
toffee":2yagqh7u said:
Rat":2yagqh7u said:
Largent80":2yagqh7u said:
I don't get the high bust potential OR the hate. This guy is BIG and has elite speed. That's a combination we have been looking for since 1976.

You don't get the high bust potential? Why would a wideout with that kind of size/speed profile in a passing league last until the 64th pick otherwise? Shouldn't half the league have been drooling over him? Not like it was a crazy good WR class either; it was as weak at the top as we've seen in some time.

I get liking him, I do too, but not recognizing that he's a hell of a boom or bust prospect seems strange.
remember TO?

That allpro, pro bowl, HOF dude? Tall muscular fast 3rd round pick TO?

TO just ran a 4.4/40 and is cut like a bodybuilder. Let’s sign him! It’s fool proof!

Also crazy enough, TO can run a damn slant

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":btmoutmt said:
Hasselbeck":btmoutmt said:
Hate this pick with every fiber of my being. He’s nowhere near as good as people think he is. Just a combine warrior and we got suckered into taking him because better WR’s were taken.

I wonder if you're ready to actually put something on the line to back your opinion up? A penalty for being wrong, if you do indeed turn out to be wrong.

Sure Roland. When you do that same thing for the countless times you’re wrong we can work something out ;)

ImTheScientist":btmoutmt said:
Hasselbeck":btmoutmt said:

You would..... my sig says that’s a great sign!

How much longer until Eddie Lacy’s Canton speech? #bendtheknee

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":e4tmee6i said:
toffee":e4tmee6i said:
Rat":e4tmee6i said:
Largent80":e4tmee6i said:
I don't get the high bust potential OR the hate. This guy is BIG and has elite speed. That's a combination we have been looking for since 1976.

You don't get the high bust potential? Why would a wideout with that kind of size/speed profile in a passing league last until the 64th pick otherwise? Shouldn't half the league have been drooling over him? Not like it was a crazy good WR class either; it was as weak at the top as we've seen in some time.

I get liking him, I do too, but not recognizing that he's a hell of a boom or bust prospect seems strange.
remember TO?

That allpro, pro bowl, HOF dude? Tall muscular fast 3rd round pick TO?

TO just ran a 4.4/40 and is cut like a bodybuilder. Let’s sign him! It’s fool proof!

Also crazy enough, TO can run a damn slant
Slants aren’t what he’s going to struggle with, in fact that is one of his better routes. It’s the routes with the quick breaks to the outside, the double moves, etc. He can run posts, slants, go routes, and curls.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1x8vymxp said:
edogg23":1x8vymxp said:
Hasselbeck":1x8vymxp said:

I have a strong feeling you are about to be in even more people’s signatures for years to come with this gem.

If he stays healthy, something tells me you'll get your wish.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":5qfvmj4s said:
edogg23":5qfvmj4s said:
Hasselbeck":5qfvmj4s said:

Not going to sig you but I will try to throw some optimism at you.

If DK doesn’t improve from who he is today, he’s still worth the pick. DK can beat NFL press today because of how violent he is with his hands. Then, once he wins, he has the speed to beat you deep. Russell Wilson is a fantastic deep ball thrower and DK is an amazing deep threat receiver. Also, given DK’s speed, if you cheat and play off, he can win on comeback routes just based on the cushion they give him. His agility scores mean nothing if he is deployed this way. Think of DK as a strong, violent version of Paul Richardson.

If he does improve his hands he will be a massive red zone mismatch as well. He’s not Calvin Johnson but he can absolutely exceed his draft investment with better hands.

My largest concern with DK is health. Guys that big get soft tissue injuries all the time. I’m worried about him popping a hamstring.

But as a late 2nd round pick? I think it’s a smart pick. Both Gary Jennings and DK fit a run first, chunk play offense. More so than a Parris Campbell, Hakeem Butler, N’Keal Harry (who I liked more tbh). I think he fits exactly what Pete and Schotty want to do.

John63

Reaction score
This is really old, does anyone actually review tape, read the stats. Let me help everyone NFL rated him higher than all the Wr who went before him. He was rated as a "should become instant starter".

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.k.-metcalf?id=32194d45-5436-3377-5806-d2746f1b94aa.

he was top 5 in almost every category but 3 cone, And in his pro day he cut 2 tenths of his 3 cone time. HE has a pedigree, both is father and cousin played in the NFL, he has a chip on his shoulder and works really hard. If you actually watch film of him both during games, and his pro day he runs a lot of routes really well. I have seen him do goes, slants, curls, posts and run them well. Almost every expert (minus Prisco, what a surprise) rated it an A-A+ pick. I know some of you have it as your mission to but down nearly anything the Hawks do, especially on offense, but how about we see how it plays out first.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1372t80b said:
edogg23":1372t80b said:
Hasselbeck":1372t80b said:

So basically what you’re saying is, you get to be an overly negative critic bashing the guy. And will claim complete vindication if you’re right. But if you’re wrong, you’ll just say “Happy I was wrong yay!”

Way to take responsibility lol, you get to have it both ways

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scorpion05":18hofeab said:
Hasselbeck":18hofeab said:
edogg23":18hofeab said:
Hasselbeck":18hofeab said:

So basically what you’re saying is, you get to be an overly negative critic bashing the guy. And will claim complete vindication if you’re right. But if you’re wrong, you’ll just say “Happy I was wrong yay!”

As someone who once typically took the same posture on most optimism, I agree it is a nice life. ;)

But I think Hasselbeck has a little in common with me - a contrarian streak plus a willingness to face the downsides head-on to avoid the feeling of "having blinders on". I hate that feeling.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":39k4h4zf said:
Scorpion05":39k4h4zf said:
Hasselbeck":39k4h4zf said:
edogg23":39k4h4zf said:

As someone who once typically took the same posture on most optimism, I agree it is a nice life. ;)

But I think Hasselbeck has a little in common with me - a contrarian streak plus a willingness to face the downsides head-on to avoid the feeling of "having blinders on". I hate that feeling.
Blinders can prevent people from seeing the positives as well as the negatives. It may be less a hatred of the feeling of having blinders on as it is a fear of disappointment.