Uchenna Nwosu - OLB/EDGE

A-Dog

Reaction score
Ascending player - full time starter last year and had 30 pressures and 5 sacks. Has the right dimensions physically at 6'3" 250lb+ with long arms. Immediate upgrade over Mayowa in pretty much every way. Not the game wrecker we may have hoped for but should be a very young, solid starter at OLB opposite Taylor with upside.

College: USC
Position: OLB/EDGE
Drafted: 2018, Round 2, Pick #48
Height: 6-2.5
Weight: 251
Arms: 33.6
Hands: 9
40-yard dash: 4.65s
10-yard split: 1.63s
20-yard split: 2.71s
20-yard shuttle: 4.27s
3-Cone: 7.05s
Vertical: 32"
Broad: 9'11"
Bench Press: 20 reps
NFL Stats:
Year GP Tkl Tfl Prss Sck
2019 16 31 5 3 17 2
2020 13 33 5 3 17 4.5
2021 17 40 8 4 30 5
Contract: 2yr/$20M, $10.5M Gtd
2022 Cap Hit: TBD
2024 UFA

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1504157713839837191[/tweet]

stang233

Reaction score
I am more lost than normal with these guys this year. What are they doing? 10 and a half million a year for this guy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fantastic signing. Young with room to grow. Gets pretty reliable pressure. Good athlete. Coming directly from that Fangio style tree.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
stang233":1x9z6xpj said:
I am more lost than normal with these guys this year. What are they doing? 10 and a half million a year for this guy.

Well, everyone was wringing their hands over them not signing anyone.

This is the going rate for first wave guys. This is how it is now.

At least they signed a guy who fits and has upside.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a good solid addition who is young and has great measurable except for height. The price is not exorbitant and the player has been productive enough to be interesting.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
This makes sense, Jones while the superior player is getting long in the tooth and the team is clearly not in the win today mindset so building with young players who could out perform their contracts & can still grow with the team makes sense. I like it a lot

nanomoz

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaand I feel better again.

This is the sort of signing I expected. Dude is only 25. Long arms. He looks a lot like Chris Clemons did when he came in. His pass rush win percentage was great last season, from what I'm seeing.

Good hedge that has his best years ahead.

massari

Reaction score
13% pressure % and doubled quite a bit. FWIW, nice PRWR as well

FJFpR4ZXwDoaxluformatjpgnamesmall

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34vllvql said:
stang233":34vllvql said:

Well, everyone was wringing their hands over them not signing anyone.

This is the going rate for first wave guys. This is how it is now.

At least they signed a guy who fits and has upside.
Its a fine rare day that I agree with 747 but here we are. If you want a desired player, you are going to pay a premium price.

Dude has got more and more sacks each year and I have yet to hear anything other than he is an upgrade on the line.
Guys, the team just got better on defensive and that's all anyone can ask!

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

morgulon1

Reaction score
This appears to be a good Seattle Seahawks style player and signing . This is what you
Can do when you move forward with young fresh talent.

Good move by the front office. IMHO

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Keep in mind, Bruce Irvin was 25 years old as a rookie. Clemons was 29 when Seahawks traded for him. I’m just stating this because Nwosu does seem like a no name, dark horse player that makes you go “who?” or “why?” but has the potential to be a quality pressurizing disrupter type (upside: force) from the LBer spot.

I’ve only seen high reviews of the signing which is encouraging.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
This is a great signing. That 10 mil a year number seems high but that's no where near the top end rushers. It actually is a bargain if you want to account for inflation in the salary cap. This is the type of signing I endorse! He's young and his deeper numbers backs up his potential ascent. He has a 13-14 % pressure rate. He ranks just behind Darrell Taylor and ahead of Joey Bosa for rushing-win rate. That means he can provide consistent pressure. Great signing to pair with Taylor and maybe a rookie edge too.

For those that keeps banging the drum for Rasheem Green -- this is a player that you don't want to pay money and multiple years for. We realize Nwosu doubled his pressure rate? There is young but you need to have the metrics to back up your play. Nwosu does and Green doesn't.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Nwosu is one of the BEST players in the league when it comes to batting down passes. He has the gift for positioning himself in the QB's line of sight, and getting his hands up at just the right moment. Sounds easy but it's not. This is an excellent pickup.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love this signing. Versatile, young player who likely comes in with a chip. Bruce Irvin type player too.
Nice to see that just about everyone liked this signing. Shoot, even on 710, they were digging it.

hoxrox

Reaction score
His film looks good. Quick off the line, shifty, good hand-fighting skills. Reminds me a little bit like Cliff Avril.

Fade

Reaction score
It's a fine signing.

If he can play, well he's only 25, he can be a core member of the defense for years to come. He'll cost a lot more in a couple of years, but that's the cost of doing business for pass rushers.

But that has me wondering if the Seahawks are going to keep up the money ball style approach they've had with pass rushers for a while now?

It seems like they refuse to pay the $18-25M for the top tier guys, instead bargain shopping for guys that are in the $10M range.