DK…am I trippin or…

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Name me an offense that is run first that pays it WRs top 5 money? You cant.
Sure, Philly just made AJ Brown a top 5 paid WR, they're the #1 run offense in the league.

Cardinals with Hopkins, another top 5 receiver, they're at the same run percentage as us.

Btw, our pass rate is over 55%, so your Pete Ball claim is wildly over exaggerated.....and believe me with two scrubs playing QB next year, we will be over 60% passing because teams won't be respecting the pass, AT ALL.

Have whatever opinion you want John on DK, but stop with the Pete Ball I still pine for Russell nonsense. It's not factually correct.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Should have traded DK. Now, I predict two more years on the Seahawks for DK which will include being tagged in his last. His numbers and mentality are going to drop significantly this season with Smith or Lock throwing him the ball. He will not be happy midway through the season. If Seattle drafts a rookie QB next season instead of bringing in a decent FA, DKs numbers will still pale to what they have been and he'll bail and Seattle wont get near what they could have.

John63

Reaction score
Sure, Philly just made AJ Brown a top 5 paid WR, they're the #1 run offense in the league.

Cardinals with Hopkins, another top 5 receiver, they're at the same run percentage as us.

Btw, our pass rate is over 55%, so your Pete Ball claim is wildly over exaggerated.....and believe me with two scrubs playing QB next year, we will be over 60% passing because teams won't be respecting the pass, AT ALL.

Have whatever opinion you want John on DK, but stop with the Pete Ball I still pine for Russell nonsense. It's not factually correct.
They were the #1 we will see what they are now. Also, remind me did those teams win a SB? NO, they did not, and also ahh that's 2 out of 32. As to the rest, I just went off what you said to run the ball is the way to go. FYI when you continue to run into a loaded box just to run you wrong.

FYI I will not stop on the PC ball because it is what it is and it is not good. You seem to think it is just about numbers it's also about when we led the league for most of Wilson's career in running on 1 and 2nd down.

AS to the rest You really think PC is going to throw more? Yeah, good luck with that.

FYI PC said he wants to get back to the way they used to play that's 2012-2013 Guess what We only through the ball 45% of the time then. SO my point stands

JPatera76

Reaction score
They were the #1 we will see what they are now. Also, remind me did those teams win a SB? NO, they did not, and also ahh that's 2 out of 32. As to the rest, I just went off what you said to run the ball is the way to go. FYI when you continue to run into a loaded box just to run you wrong.

FYI I will not stop on the PC ball because it is what it is and it is not good. You seem to think it is just about numbers it's also about when we led the league for most of Wilson's career in running on 1 and 2nd down.

AS to the rest You really think PC is going to throw more? Yeah, good luck with that.

FYI PC said he wants to get back to the way they used to play that's 2012-2013 Guess what We only through the ball 45% of the time then. SO my point stands

And what receivers did we have back then? ADB and Tate.. and Sydney but all the receivers we had still commanded some sort of attention to help keep the run game viable. And being that was also around russells ROOKIE years, of course the passing % is going to be lower, Pete's going to play it safe as at the time he didn't know exactly what russell could do.. and Russell also ran FOR A LOT More.

So no your point doesnt stand.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I backed up my claims with stats and facts. You just listed a bunch of speculation on what we and other teams are going to do.

Maybe we will run the ball more, but I doubt it because we're going to stink. Bad teams are usually behind and have no choice but to throw.

So I for one would like a top 10 big bodied receiver for our scrub QB's to throw to.

John63

Reaction score
I backed up my claims with stats and facts. You just listed a bunch of speculation on what we and other teams are going to do.

Maybe we will run the ball more, but I doubt it because we're going to stink. Bad teams are usually behind and have no choice but to throw.

So I for one would like a top 10 big bodied receiver for our scrub QB's to throw to.
Wrong i stated facts you just don't want to acknowledge them so goodbye

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I hope he is signed to a contract soon. We will need him as a team leader… and without a star quarterback, he is our biggest offensive threat.

Seahawks…please just get the contract done. Last year, having a couple of the team leaders feel as if they needed to hold out was counter-productive. Both the offensive line and the defensive backfield struggled as a result. Having the veteran players present during practice helps to mentor the younger players and establish friendships and respect within the group. The Seahawks management could help build the feeling of team and trust by getting DK into camp now!

I feel as if the Seahawk players have not really had a true “team mindset” since the SuperBowl loss. Many of the team leaders left or were released… Maybe so that Russ could be the “team leader”. Then, free agent veterans were “plugged in” to fill holes in the line-up, hoping to make it back to the Bowl during a “window of opportunity”. For the Seahawk players, the feeling of being part of a team must have been diminished, because there was no longer a group…only people coming and going from a job.

Now we have an exciting and refreshing time, because our rookies and new players are really strong. They will have a chance to develop that feeling of trust and friendship among themselves. By signing DK Metcalf (one of our own homegrown stars) to a contract right away, rather than management “holding out” for a few extra dollars, the Seahawks would show an example of “team spirt” to the young stars that it will be counting on for the future.

Please sign DK now!

JPatera76

Reaction score
I mean I remember when Kam held out how upset people were, and seemed to forgive and forget. Hopefully Dk when he's back people can and will do the same. However people also need to remember, DK more than likely (due to the QB situation who knows) won't be putting up fantasy football high scoring stats either.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As others have said everything is connected, and good receivers are important if you want to be able to run the ball. Look at the way defenses were playing us the last couple seasons; trying to take away the deep game and making Russ hit the short and intermediate throws. Aren't short open throws exactly what you'd like to see Geno and Lock taking advantage of? And if defenses don't respect DK and Lockett's ability to get downfield then those two are going to be so open that any NFL QB could hit them.

Knowing that we didn't trade DK this off-season when it was very possible should tell you that the FO thought they could work out the extension with him. There's no reason at all to be concerned yet in my view.

JPatera76

Reaction score
As others have said everything is connected, and good receivers are important if you want to be able to run the ball. Look at the way defenses were playing us the last couple seasons; trying to take away the deep game and making Russ hit the short and intermediate throws. Aren't short open throws exactly what you'd like to see Geno and Lock taking advantage of? And if defenses don't respect DK and Lockett's ability to get downfield then those two are going to be so open that any NFL QB could hit them.

Knowing that we didn't trade DK this off-season when it was very possible should tell you that the FO thought they could work out the extension with him. There's no reason at all to be concerned yet in my view.
Didn't Kams holdout last even a couple games in?

rcaido

Reaction score
Didn't Kams holdout last even a couple games in?
Truly selfish player. Cant believe he did that. He missed 2 games and we loss both games. Dude had 3 years left in his contract, unbelievable. Yet people criticize Earl so much, he didn't miss any games w his negotiations.

I get why DK is doing this. The problem is that he has no leverage. From the way he acts, i dont see this going well for both sides. That's why i see him being traded mid-season if they dont trade him sooner.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If they didn't want a stud #1 receiver that they would expect to have to pay in a few years, then why did they draft him in the first place? Of course they value him and plan on paying him. To pretend otherwise is silly.

rcaido

Reaction score
the way he acts? What? He's being pretty cool about all this.

The way he acts like a disney character...Changing hair color depending on his mood, sucking on a pacifier, and does the dumbest penalties....Not sure what you mean by cool, he is sitting out mandatory minicamp.

He acts like a child and im sure during the negotiations he's going to act out more. That's why i have a feeling he will be traded eventually.

If they didn't want a stud #1 receiver that they would expect to have to pay in a few years, then why did they draft him in the first place? Of course they value him and plan on paying him. To pretend otherwise is silly.

A lot of teams passed on Metcalf. He turned out to be a surprise stud for this team. Its also possible he is the product of Wilson and isn't as great as he think he is....or he could be the next Julio if he can get a great QB throwing to him. If he stays in SEattle that's a nope...If he goes the Chiefs or Packers then yeah.

rcaido

Reaction score
And you actually let what another man does with his har bother you? Ok..........
It doesn't bother me, my kids color their hair. Just saying he is still very immature, i just dont see him as a leader yet. What bothers me is that he is setting bad examples for younger players and is going to be a huge distraction for a very young team.

We currently have no captains on offense or defense since Wilson & Wagner are gone.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me, my kids color their hair. Just saying he is still very immature, i just dont see him as a leader yet. What bothers me is that he is setting bad examples for younger players and is going to be a huge distraction for a very young team.

We currently have no captains on offense or defense since Wilson & Wagner are gone.
Bad examples? Hardly.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62 40 at the combine, one of the slowest 40 times of the all the WR's at the combine. His vertical jump was 31". The average for WR's is 36". Metcalf had a 40.5" jump. That is NOT world class. To the contrary, Kupp is a sloth. He is anything BUT a world class athlete. Yet he had what was arguably the best season ever for a WR, winning receiving's triple crown (receptions, yards, TD's) and the SB MVP. He's living proof that you don't have to be a great athlete in order to excel at the position. Kupp succeeds in spite of his athleticism, not because of it.

And before you say it, I realize that straight ahead speed and vertical jumping ability aren't the only measure of a world class athlete. But they are major ones, without which one can't be considered a world class athlete, at least not as it pertains to our discussion about football.
Yep. If Kupp played in the 80s he'd be Steve Largent. Full-extension, diving catches aside. Of course.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I see DK Metcalf as being an incredibly powerful example of professional excellence (Olympic speed?) and and believe that his leadership will have a "team building" influence on the young Seahawks.

He is only 24, dating a very hot pop star singer and is living his life with self confidence. I think he is conducting himself in a professional manner with regards to his contract and future. Why should he hold himself back? Will it help him to play better if people approve of his hair?

I want him to be paid, happy and self confident. Sign him Seahawks...and show our new young potential stars how you treat our "homegrown talent".