DK Metcalf

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":204k87v0 said:
McGruff":204k87v0 said:
I remember when we had a very similar prospect to Metcalf.

6'2", 210 pounds, 4.27 40, 34 inch arms, 39 inch vertical, 22 reps in the bench.

He was a raw route runner too.

That dude was probably a closer comp to DK than Owen or Jones or Johnson.

The Konz! Yeah we remember. His physicals were off the charts. Didn't translate on the field though. So yeah, while I don't think (at least I hope) DK isn't Konz 2.0, he may not be Owens/Johnson/Jones/etc. 2.0 either.

I'm... cautiously optimistic.

Good guess, and it would be interesting to compare measurables.

The above measurements were for Ricardo Lockette.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
McGruff":3hlxakav said:
Seahawk Sailor":3hlxakav said:
McGruff":3hlxakav said:
I remember when we had a very similar prospect to Metcalf.

6'2", 210 pounds, 4.27 40, 34 inch arms, 39 inch vertical, 22 reps in the bench.

He was a raw route runner too.

That dude was probably a closer comp to DK than Owen or Jones or Johnson.

The Konz! Yeah we remember. His physicals were off the charts. Didn't translate on the field though. So yeah, while I don't think (at least I hope) DK isn't Konz 2.0, he may not be Owens/Johnson/Jones/etc. 2.0 either.

I'm... cautiously optimistic.

Good guess, and it would be interesting to compare measurables.

The above measurements were for Ricardo Lockette.

Wow. Would not have guessed Lockette. As I remember, Konz had massive measurables, but just wasn't able to transfer them to the field. Had a lot of folks around here (me included) that thought he was the second coming of Owen or Jones or Johnson.

And, according to Wikipedia...

Wikipedia":3hlxakav said:
Despite not being invited to the NFL combine, Konz attracted the attention of NFL teams after his pro day workout at Kent State when he posted some of the best measurables of any player in that year's draft.[2] Konz ran the 40 yard dash in 4.38 seconds on his second attempt, made a 10'-8" broad jump, and performed a 46" vertical jump. He later completed 27 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press during a pre-draft workout for the New Orleans Saints.

pehawk

Reaction score
Looks like I messed up the embed...but that tweet links to a series of plays Metcalf made today.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1155904061801025536[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1155905537260699648[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1155907527810281472[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1155909657086455808[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
Thus far, the Ole Miss product hasn’t disappointed. Metcalf’s 6-foot-3, 228-pound frame coupled with blazing 4.33 speed continues to turn heads through four practices. On Monday, Metcalf hauled in a one-handed, 40-yard touchdown catch from Wilson down the left sideline in a 7-on-7 period. Later during the same drill, Wilson hit Metcalf’s back shoulder for a 6-yard score.

It’s been apparent to Ken Norton Jr. that Metcalf is quickly becoming one of Wilson’s go-to guys.

DK Metcalf expects himself to be immediate contributor for Seahawks -- By Joe Fann July 29, 2019 1:14 PM >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seattle-seahawks/dk-metcalf-expects-himself-be-immediate-contributor-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

McGruff

Reaction score
From the above linked article . . . .

Seahawks training camp is void of high-profile position battles. For the most part, Seattle knows who its going to battle with when the 2019 regular season rolls around. A dearth of prominent storylines has only magnified the spotlight shining on Metcalf.

Really.

Other than not knowing who either of our starting safeties are, who is our nickel corner, who is going to start at 3 or 4 DL positions, who is going to start at WR or TE, we know exactly who is going to battle . . .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":2oiber4u said:

Seahawks training camp is void of high-profile position battles. For the most part, Seattle knows who its going to battle with when the 2019 regular season rolls around. A dearth of prominent storylines has only magnified the spotlight shining on Metcalf.

Really.

Other than not knowing who either of our starting safeties are, who is our nickel corner, who is going to start at 3 or 4 DL positions, who is going to start at WR or TE, we know exactly who is going to battle . . .

It's NBC Sports, "A dearth of prominent storylines" means no drama about Earl, or Bennett's being questioned by the cops for running out of a nightclub, or Sherman's SI article blasting the Hawks, or will the Hawk's pay Russell Wilson........all the usual fluff tabloid stories that have surrounded the Hawks over the past couple of years.

I don't know about you guys, but I like "dearth". It means the team and coaches are focused on what matters, football.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
McGruff":2bzwcrva said:

Really.

That "journalism" is a lot like that old, old joke: "Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theater?"