DK Metcalf

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":2c3etn1j said:
sutz":2c3etn1j said:
quadsas":2c3etn1j said:
sutz":2c3etn1j said:
It's the internet effect. Only superlatives are allowed. None of that "he's a good football player" crap.

:twisted:

frick us for being excited amirite
Yeah, I think it goes way beyond excitement. I'm excited about Metcalf and what he can bring, too. I'm just not ready to proclaim him GOAT yet. 8)

haha I am ready to proclaim DK as Hawk's GOAT pre-training camp WR. We never had a WR with DK's combine prowess, and certainly he hasn't done anything up to this point to discredit himself. I am hoping that he keep it going thru TC and pre-season games. Then the real test starts, we must all remember our pre-season games hero of last season, Griffin and Green, both disappeared in regular season due to one reason or another.

I am predicting that DK will have a better rookie season then Griffin and Green. At this point, DK is the GOAT, because it's this time of the summer and we are bored.

Are you forgetting Koren Robinson???????

xray

Reaction score
toffee":2kryhaq9 said:
sutz":2kryhaq9 said:
quadsas":2kryhaq9 said:
sutz":2kryhaq9 said:
It's the internet effect. Only superlatives are allowed. None of that "he's a good football player" crap.

:twisted:

frick us for being excited amirite
Yeah, I think it goes way beyond excitement. I'm excited about Metcalf and what he can bring, too. I'm just not ready to proclaim him GOAT yet. 8)

haha I am ready to proclaim DK as Hawk's GOAT pre-training camp WR. We never had a WR with DK's combine prowess, and certainly he hasn't done anything up to this point to discredit himself. I am hoping that he keep it going thru TC and pre-season games. Then the real test starts, we must all remember our pre-season games hero of last season, Griffin and Green, both disappeared in regular season due to one reason or another.

I am predicting that DK will have a better rookie season then Griffin and Green. At this point, DK is the GOAT, because it's this time of the summer and we are bored.

No matter what ...the Hawks already have a GOAT WR...Steve Largent...every WR since has tried to fill those cleats. Metcalf can be compared physically to those great WRs mentioned ; but talent wise ,skill wise is too soon to speculate. We need to see how tough he is in a real game . Let's see how he does when a veteran SS drills him in the short ribs and goes after the ball at the same time. Metcalf will be tested and schooled soon enough . Right now he's a good prospect rookie.

themunn

Reaction score
pehawk":3qa53vw8 said:
Even if he can only pull down 2 out of every 10 deep balls thrown to him, it'll be huge. He's gonna force safeties to account for him deep. Which will open up the middle for Lockett, Dissley, screens, and more.

His speed and size are the only things that matter right now.

If Wilson threw 100 balls in Metcalfs direction and he only caught 20 it would be an absolutely abysmal return

xray

Reaction score
themunn":1258mg9i said:
pehawk":1258mg9i said:
Even if he can only pull down 2 out of every 10 deep balls thrown to him, it'll be huge. He's gonna force safeties to account for him deep. Which will open up the middle for Lockett, Dissley, screens, and more.

If Wilson threw 100 balls in Metcalfs direction and he only caught 20 it would be an absolutely abysmal return

Raise your hands if you know what abysmal means...good analogy .

xray

Reaction score
As of right now Metcalf is a good prospect to make the 53...he has not been tested yet ..let's see.

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3mer51lw said:
As of right now Metcalf is a good prospect to make the 53...he has not been tested yet ..let's see.

So your saying he will be suspended for PED's?

pehawk

Reaction score
themunn":3mbskdle said:
pehawk":3mbskdle said:

Sorry it took me a bit to reply. I had some cheese in my mouth. It's out now, so I'm free to tapatalk.

Well, sure. You're right. But you're missing the bigger point. Is Anthony! still around? He could explain it. Bastard has a way with words. And he's never preoccupied with cheeses like I am.

I really want to make out with Rachael Dolezal. I bet she'd like me. I pretend to be orientation fluid and a minority too!

Anyway, yeah, Anthony!, where is he?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":66c2iqe9 said:
themunn":66c2iqe9 said:
pehawk":66c2iqe9 said:

Sorry it took me a bit to reply. I had some cheese in my mouth. It's out now, so I'm free to tapatalk.

Well, sure. You're right. But you're missing the bigger point. Is Anthony! still around? He could explain it. Bastard has a way with words. And he's never preoccupied with cheeses like I am.

I really want to make out with Rachael Dolezal. I bet she'd like me. I pretend to be orientation fluid and a minority too!

Living in a fantasy land where false logic is actually mistaken for thinking?

McGruff

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1nsoi9jr said:
pehawk":1nsoi9jr said:
themunn":1nsoi9jr said:
pehawk":1nsoi9jr said:

Living in a fantasy land where false logic is actually mistaken for thinking?

New Zealand?

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":3yo37u8d said:
xray":3yo37u8d said:

So your saying he will be suspended for PED's?

LOL... :141847_bnono:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Megatron 2.0 but stronger up top!
I don't think the choppy feet on deceleration matters because he so fast and fluid with it.
Better for a fast big man to pump those pedals more frequently to slow down than to tear a leg muscle/tendon planting too hard. He's proven he can beat defenders just need to adjust to the NFL.
Stay healthy DK!!

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I thought DK would go a lot higher than he did. I'm not sure why he fell. I thought the same for Paris Cambell. I like Mecole Hardman, as well. All look to be good players.

Hawks46

Reaction score
There is a Youtube video out there that shows a break down of DK Metcalf vs. Calvin Johnson.

"Dk Metcalf is shockingly similar to Calvin Johnson".

I'm not able to post the link now but it's easy fo find. The physical measurables are almost exactly the same, Calvin also didn't do that great in the agility tests at his combine, or he didn't do them I can't remember. They can and will likely run the same route trees, and the highlights show Calvin Johnson just destroying people on slants.

We all remember Calvin Johnson for catching a lot of those long bombs that Stafford tossed up to him to go get, but Johnson caught a crap ton of shorter slants as well and was many times used as a possession receiver and security blanket when the team needed a sure reception or Stafford needed an out.

If Metcalf is used the same way, it's going to be sick. With our ground and pound game, Metcalf can potentially be a sure thing on 3rd downs on slants, extending possessions and chewing up clock.

McGruff

Reaction score
Calvin didnt do agility.

Probably because he knew that, like most big WRs, he would suck at them.

JGreen79

Reaction score
themunn":1zraty1w said:
pehawk":1zraty1w said:

Would 6-7 targets with 1-2 touchdowns a game truly be abysmal though?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
JGreen79":1jn5tl3r said:
themunn":1jn5tl3r said:
pehawk":1jn5tl3r said:

Would 6-7 targets with 1-2 touchdowns a game truly be abysmal though?

1-2 pick 6's a game is 1-2 too many.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
xray":3p0fh1me said:
themunn":3p0fh1me said:
pehawk":3p0fh1me said:

Raise your hands if you know what abysmal means...good analogy .

Well now I'm just confused.. what analogy?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
McGruff":3hmdus3h said:
I remember when we had a very similar prospect to Metcalf.

6'2", 210 pounds, 4.27 40, 34 inch arms, 39 inch vertical, 22 reps in the bench.

He was a raw route runner too.

That dude was probably a closer comp to DK than Owen or Jones or Johnson.

The Konz! Yeah we remember. His physicals were off the charts. Didn't translate on the field though. So yeah, while I don't think (at least I hope) DK isn't Konz 2.0, he may not be Owens/Johnson/Jones/etc. 2.0 either.

I'm... cautiously optimistic.