DK is taking a lot of crap today

hawker84

Reaction score
As he should. That was a bonehead move that almost cost us the game. You go out of bounds there and stop the clock. That's 2 minute drill 101.

I get it, some folks are heavy on the DK train, I'd love to be too. But the fact is, with all his bonehead penalties and extra curricular garbage with the opposing teams this season, fact is, he is not playing good team ball. He's playing, it's all about me ball.

Someone needs to sit his immature butt down and set him straight or he's going to find himself on the outside looking in like TO did, and Dez Bryant is
just to name a couple. Talent only gets you so far in this league...

I would take Baldwin or even Golden Tate over this version of DK all day every day.....JMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But it DIDN'T cost them the game. I'm not gonna' freak out about what COULD have happen. I'm only interested in what did happen. They got in to overtime. He hasn't been jabbering with opponents for several games. Not that anyone would actually acknowledge that. It was a stupid play. Geezus, you guys act like he's some cancer or something.

If you had your way, DK, Russ and Adams would all be traded. You'd be happy, and the team would suck for it.
But hey, you'd just find someone else to blast. This fanbase has to be one of the most spoiled in the league.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm really unsure as to how some people can rationalize this.

Getting tackled in-bounds on this play, which at best has a 5-10% chance of a touchdown, ends the game in the majority of scenarios.

Not only did he make the wrong decision to even try to pick up more with a defender directly in front of him, but he ended up fumbling too, further illustrating the risk inherent to his decision.

He needed to step the hell out and live to either see another shot at the endzone or let the kick get off without the danger of the clock expiring.

It was the wrong choice regardless of hindsight and could only be justified if he had an actual likely path to the endzone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But it did NOT cost them the game. And I'm sure he's the only WR in the league who made a stupid decision.

Now, how he acted after the fact and getting in to a Twitter war? Pretty childish.
I'm not nearly as worried about the guy, but that's just my own outlook. People branding him as a cancer and/or diva is pretty ridiculous. But, look where we are.........dot negative.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
It was a dumb mistake. Simple as that.

I am comfy with what i said on here at start of the year. He is T.O.

I liked owens unlike most people but that is who i believe he is like.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, he isn't. At all.
Sweet Jesus, you guys just never give up when you decide you hate a player. And yes, that's what most this sounds like. If it's not Russ, it's Adams, if it's not Adams, it's DK. Sure seems like people hate a lot of players on their own team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2eyrxc9t said:
But it did NOT cost them the game. And I'm sure he's the only WR in the league who made a stupid decision.

Now, how he acted after the fact and getting in to a Twitter war? Pretty childish.
I'm not nearly as worried about the guy, but that's just my own outlook. People branding him as a cancer and/or diva is pretty ridiculous. But, look where we are.........dot negative.

I see no need to brand him yet, but I certainly trust his judgment less as his career continues, unfortunately.

I hope he turns it around. This will seriously stunt his potential.

classicaaron

Reaction score
It was a really stupid play. Doesnt mean i dont like the guy, it just means hes not the smartest guy in the world. Would Tyler have done something so stupid? Absolutely not, he would have stepped right out of bounds.
I mean from highschool on players are expected to know situational football, and they are taught scenarios even younger than that. But all the players should be aware of the time on the clock, where the first down markers are, how much yardage is needed, fg position, etc on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. If you dont your head isnt in the game.
Im not a 6'5" physical specimen like DK so maybe hes just gotten by so much on skill rather than brains that hes never considered such things before but imagine if he would put the two things together. He would be truly unstoppable. Its the guys like Tyler that have to be smart route runners and find openings and actually work on ball control to succeed because hes always been undersized and wouldnt make it otherwise. Everyone has a weakness and DKs just happens to be mental lapses as this isnt the first time something similar has happened.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But how often has he made up for a mistake? SO many times. But, acting like a guy is a cancer over a dumb play (that didn't impact the final score) seems to be the norm for many.
He is becoming the next in a list of players that people love to blast. Russ/Adams/DK. That's the current list. There is a HUGE difference between constructive criticism and blatantly making a guy out to be some type of villain.

He could have 2 or 3 TD's on Monday night. Much of what we will hear is "it's about time"

chris98251

Reaction score
DK is beginning to get a T.O. or Beckham Jr, Antonio Brown type personality about him.

He needs more numbers granted, but his WR diva personality is beginning to show.

I hope he looks around and see's that you can be a name but you need to make your statement on the football field before you start talking and showing your ass, WR's have to be confident, cocky almost, there are exceptions granted before Steve Largent is brought up.

With our current state of team signing him may be more difficult as well, Metcalf's contract ends following the 2022 season. That would mean they need to extend this season if they want a good deal, letting play out next year may be harder if the team isn't better or he could end up in..........................................

Dallas I bet. He can put up good numbers there and they have a QB, they are always looking for their next WR start also.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It has been several games since he was jabbering with an opponent. Go ahead and dwell on a dumb play. You guys are nuts if you think he's even close to T.O. or that type of locker room cancer. ODB? Antonio Brown? Yeah, right.
Believe what you want. Like many players on this team, you've clearly made your minds up. I'm fairly certain his teammates and coaches are just fine with DK.
Those guys you are comparing him too are ALL locker room killers. DK is far from that. What an absolutely ridiculous comparison. FFS with this place........

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32brew4i said:
It has been several games since he was jabbering with an opponent. Go ahead and dwell on a dumb play. You guys are nuts if you think he's even close to T.O. or that type of locker room cancer. ODB? Antonio Brown? Yeah, right.
Believe what you want. Like many players on this team, you've clearly made your minds up. I'm fairly certain his teammates and coaches are just fine with DK.

It has been several games since he has had a break out performance and we won also, go figure, hard to talk shit when your losing now isn't or not burning people for Touchdowns.

But he did seem to have a few choice words for Sharp, so I guess talking only counts when on the field.............

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He literally JUST HAD A 2 TOUCHDOWN GAME and outplayed Ramsey.
Geezus
Not even worth the energy. Go Hawks

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3sckbawt said:
He literally JUST HAD A 2 TOUDOWN GAME and outplayed Ramsey.
Geezus

Oh after they went prevent or loose protect.

That game was personal since Ramsey had bad mouthed him from the previous meeting though and he came back with that game.

Stars show up every game however in some fashion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why he played so well. Imagine that, a Hawks player having a solid game, and someone on here downplaying it. Pretty much only happens on days that end in Y.

Thanks for the laugh.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2akk60nx said:
Yeah, that's why he played so well.

Thanks for the laugh.

So do you watch the games or just look at highlights on TV, enquiring minds would like to know based on what you post ?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about if you actually think I don't watch the game. I was in the stands pulling for my team. What were you doing?
I'm done talking to you. Enjoy your misery.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ykqbk3e said:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about if you actually think I don't watch the game. I was in the stands pulling for my team. What were you doing?
I'm done talking to you. Enjoy your misery.

LOL there's the noodle backbone we expect.