DK… he deserves his own thread

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wanted to trade Metcalf before we signed him to a big fat contract, and it had little to do with his lack of maturity.

We already had a large amount of salary tied up in Tyler Lockett, and in my mind, it doesn't make sense to put that amount of capital into a position that isn't relevant on many offensive plays except as a decoy.

Secondly, there are a lot of very good wide receivers that can be found in the lower rounds of the draft, Jake Bobo being the most recent example. They're a dime a dozen. Who were our starting WR's on our Lombardi team and where were they drafted?

And lastly, we needed/still need the draft capital we could have gotten out of a Metcalf trade to help us acquire our QBOTF, which is our most pressing need.

But now, I'm afraid that Metcalf has lost a lot of his previous value. First of all, any team that wants him is not only going to have to give up some big time draft capital, they're going to have to swallow that big contract, and secondly, he's not a top 10 receiver, not even close. His limitations have been exposed. This season, he's averaging about 4 receptions and less than 70 yards and has scored just 3 TD's in ten games. He's not going to garner the type of draft capital we need to get that QBOTF.

So I'm afraid that the Trade DK ship has sailed. For better or worse, we're stuck with him, not unlike how we got stuck with Jamal Adams.

morgulon1

Reaction score
No way man I guarantee any team would pretend to think what you just said and then trade for him and be so stoked. He is so badass any quarterback would want to throw to him
Then Seattle should be able to get a haul then? I say do it now.

He hasn't lived up to his contract and it's going to get ridiculous next season. He misses a lot of balls , runs shitty routes and loses his mind from time to time. Not reliable. Could you imagine a mind like Doug Baldwin's in DKs body?

Frankenstein couldn't create a more dominant WR.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I wanted to trade Metcalf before we signed him to a big fat contract, and it had little to do with his lack of maturity.

We already had a large amount of salary tied up in Tyler Lockett, and in my mind, it doesn't make sense to put that amount of capital into a position that isn't relevant on many offensive plays except as a decoy.

Secondly, there are a lot of very good wide receivers that can be found in the lower rounds of the draft, Jake Bobo being the most recent example. They're a dime a dozen. Who were our starting WR's on our Lombardi team and where were they drafted?

And lastly, we needed/still need the draft capital we could have gotten out of a Metcalf trade to help us acquire our QBOTF, which is our most pressing need.

But now, I'm afraid that Metcalf has lost a lot of his previous value. First of all, any team that wants him is not only going to have to give up some big time draft capital, they're going to have to swallow that big contract, and secondly, he's not a top 10 receiver, not even close. His limitations have been exposed. This season, he's averaging about 4 receptions and less than 70 yards and has scored just 3 TD's in ten games. He's not going to garner the type of draft capital we need to get that QBOTF.

So I'm afraid that the Trade DK ship has sailed. For better or worse, we're stuck with him, not unlike how we got stuck with Jamal Adams.
That’s a problem I’m glad to have

RiverDog

Reaction score
That’s a problem I’m glad to have
So you're happy with Metcalf's production this season? He's ranked 43rd in total receptions, 20th in total yards, and tied for 42nd in touchdowns. And it's not like we're not trying to get the ball to him. He has 80 targets, or 8 a game and a third more than the next most targeted receiver. Nearly half the passes thrown to him are incomplete or intercepted. He can't block worth a tinker's damn and he's a mental midget. He's the most overpaid WR in the game, and unless he turns things around, that disparity between his pay and his productivity is only going to get worse as his salary is on an escalator.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There was that walk-off first down go route he high pointed 3-4 years ago from team 3, but the defense was fooled and he had steps. The offense seems to prefer fades to the sideline. Yeah. PC must adjust this now if he hasn't we are cooked. And I won't really be watching games until it changes if not abandoned by end of season. Or, see how Lock does. Do something, damn.
One high point from 3-4 yrs ago is all one can find?
I notice it also.The guy cannot have a ball go above his number.
Remember the ball that went straight into his face mask?
He looks great,should be great but is so far from it.

DK Dropcalf

SeeHocks

Reaction score
DK has a
Then Seattle should be able to get a haul then? I say do it now.

He hasn't lived up to his contract and it's going to get ridiculous next season. He misses a lot of balls , runs shitty routes and loses his mind from time to time. Not reliable. Could you imagine a mind like Doug Baldwin's in DKs body?

Frankenstein couldn't create a more dominant WR

jman316

Reaction score
He can't block worth a tinker's damn
Now that is false. What I can’t understand is how his physical traits don’t translate to domination as a WR.
Serious question, did he play much basketball as a youngster? Seems that’s how a lot of players learn to use their body and high point a ball.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
So you're happy with Metcalf's production this season? He's ranked 43rd in total receptions, 20th in total yards, and tied for 42nd in touchdowns. And it's not like we're not trying to get the ball to him. He has 80 targets, or 8 a game and a third more than the next most targeted receiver. Nearly half the passes thrown to him are incomplete or intercepted. He can't block worth a tinker's damn and he's a mental midget. He's the most overpaid WR in the game, and unless he turns things around, that disparity between his pay and his productivity is only going to get worse as his salary is on an escalator.
I don’t blame him at all

RiverDog

Reaction score
Now that (can't block worth a tinker's damn) is false. What I can’t understand is how his physical traits don’t translate to domination as a WR.
Serious question, did he play much basketball as a youngster? Seems that’s how a lot of players learn to use their body and high point a ball.
Metcalf's PFF grade for run blocking is 61.4, which ranks him 39th, while Jake Bobo, the same height but 30 pounds lighter, is ranked 2nd with a 72.0 grade.

Metcalf's pass blocking relative to his peers came out even worse, coming in at 97th. For a man his size and strength, those numbers are horrible. He doesn't act like he wants to block.

As tall as he is, my guess is that Metcalf has played a lot of basketball.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don’t blame him at all
So Metcalf has no responsibility at all for those putrid numbers? It's all the coaches and/or quarterback's fault? Holy cow! I thought that the man crush dig was just a joke and I didn't even 'like' the comment. Now I'm not sure.

But whether it's that we're not utilizing him correctly or Metcalf is failing to get open and catch passes or a combination of both, it's undeniable that we are not getting our money's worth out of him.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
So Metcalf has no responsibility at all for those putrid numbers? It's all the coaches and/or quarterback's fault? Holy cow! I thought that the man crush dig was just a joke and I didn't even 'like' the comment. Now I'm not sure.

But whether it's that we're not utilizing him correctly or Metcalf is failing to get open and catch passes, it's undeniable that we are not getting our money's worth out of him.
His numbers aren’t putrid geno is and so is the play calling

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Geno has a million dollar body with a 10 cent head.
So you call DK “boy” and Geno isn’t intelligent to go along with all the childish insults that make up 99% of your posts.
You paint a pretty good picture of your who you are…
How miserable is your life that this is all you have to offer.

RiverDog

Reaction score
His numbers aren’t putrid geno is and so is the play calling
They are his numbers, not Geno's. And the numbers are putrid.

There is obviously some, perhaps a lot, of blame to be shared by the QB and OC. But they are not his only problem. Metcalf is a one-dimensional receiver with tight hips and a small catch radius for a man his size. His first few steps aren't quick as at his size and stride, it takes longer for him to get up to full speed, which results in his not exploding out of his breaks. He's not a great route runner as you seldom see him in space like you do with Lockett.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
So you call DK “boy” and Geno isn’t intelligent to go along with all the childish insults that make up 99% of your posts.
You paint a pretty good picture of your who you are…
How miserable is your life that this is all you have to offer.
He offers me lots of content to respond to… nothing intellectual but definitely entertaining

Latest posts