Did Russell Wilson have the best passer rating for 2015?

Tical21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3ru9o5zw said:
Tical21":3ru9o5zw said:
I'd be really hard pressed to find somebody that had a better half of a season.
Nice backhanded compliment but then that's you so no surprise..........The first half is way more on Pete for sticking with the run first, try for the deep TD, let the defense win the game approach. Once the bye came and the offense was changed to a quick throw, short patterns offense Russ proved he can do the thing you most questioned about his game, namely throw from the pocket. You even said last week there were throws for him over the middle that he missed and then when Scottmojo refuted your claim after watching the All-22 you didn't respond.

But hey man, don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. Oh, and you're not alone so this goes out to the rest of the doubters and haters too.
Dude, chill out a little. He's had a great season, I was simply giving him a compliment. I can't remember anyone having a stretch like he's having.

I didn't get the chance to hunt down the all-22 from last week, but if Scott says there weren't open receivers, I'd be inclined to believe him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Russell's 110.1 QB rating is, by far, the highest this season. It is also the 14th best season rating of any QB in NFL history.

Russell still holds the 2nd best career QB rating in NFL history, but he has significantly closed the gap with Aaron Rodgers. Only 2.3 points now separate them.

Now, Russell has a chance to improve upon his playoff QB rating, which is ranked 5th all-time. Four strong performances could catapult him over the likes of Brees, Rodgers, Warner, and Starr for the top spot.

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1jzqanf1 said:
Will never be a franchise QB

"Franchise QB" is just a label.

And If he's not there won't likely ever be one in Seattle. They've had 40 years!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Trust. Trust. Trust.
Russell is trusting his receivers. He is trusting what he sees ... and most importantly, his coaches trust him.
Russell used to try and not make mistakes. Now, he is swinging it. and his guys are catching it.

Thunderhawk":2i0x8yz8 said:
So, what exactly changed over the last half of the season for Wilson? Line stability? More offensive diversity without having to force feed Graham and Lynch? Or has Russ turned a corner in his development?

One thing that he has clearly improved on is making quick decisions. He is not holding the ball interminably anymore. He sees things lightning fast now. To me that's a sign that all of his disparate experience has finally coalesced into Jedi master maturity, which is the last step in becoming a dominant QB - and properly wielding a lightsaber.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
White Devil":206gf8p6 said:
If being a "Game Manager" means throwing for 34 TD's and 4000 yards....is that still a bad thing?

I know QB purists tend to ignore rushing stats, but his 500 yards there are a nice little bonus. Absolutely amazing season and let's hope it lasts another 16 quarters!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
joeseahawks":25m0wu3u said:
Trust. Trust. Trust.
Russell is trusting his receivers. He is trusting what he sees ... and most importantly, his coaches trust him.
Russell used to try and not make mistakes. Now, he is swinging it. and his guys are catching it.

Thunderhawk":25m0wu3u said:
So, what exactly changed over the last half of the season for Wilson? Line stability? More offensive diversity without having to force feed Graham and Lynch? Or has Russ turned a corner in his development?

One thing that he has clearly improved on is making quick decisions. He is not holding the ball interminably anymore. He sees things lightning fast now. To me that's a sign that all of his disparate experience has finally coalesced into Jedi master maturity, which is the last step in becoming a dominant QB - and properly wielding a lightsaber.

Yup, and I echo the part about the coaches. I seriously believe it has taken Pete this long to realize that RW doesn't need the artificial controls he puts on the intermediate passing game. He's shown himself to be an efficiency machine regardless of scheme and/or system.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tical21":202l3rs6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":202l3rs6 said:
Tical21":202l3rs6 said:
I'd be really hard pressed to find somebody that had a better half of a season.
Nice backhanded compliment but then that's you so no surprise..........The first half is way more on Pete for sticking with the run first, try for the deep TD, let the defense win the game approach. Once the bye came and the offense was changed to a quick throw, short patterns offense Russ proved he can do the thing you most questioned about his game, namely throw from the pocket. You even said last week there were throws for him over the middle that he missed and then when Scottmojo refuted your claim after watching the All-22 you didn't respond.

But hey man, don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. Oh, and you're not alone so this goes out to the rest of the doubters and haters too.
Dude, chill out a little. He's had a great season, I was simply giving him a compliment. I can't remember anyone having a stretch like he's having.

I didn't get the chance to hunt down the all-22 from last week, but if Scott says there weren't open receivers, I'd be inclined to believe him.
Scott never said that. There are always open receivers.

Latest posts