Denver defense - Overhyped

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
villain71":1dren9x9 said:
No I'm not a 49er fan. In fact I can't stand the whiners. All they do is whine about everything. Have you seen their board.. its all whining about referees. They do their best to never give your team credit no matter what. I am a Broncos fan so I know what the Broncos are capable of. We have the most electrifying offense in the NFL. Manning is playing like a superman. Our Broncos D has stepped it up in the playoffs. As I said they got better D stats in the playoffs than the Seahawks. We manhandled a Patriots team that has a good offense.

Your team has faced WEAK offense. 49ers got a weak offense. Kaepernick can run but other than that he is a joke at passing. Saints have a good offense but Brees sucks in shitty weather and he struggles at the clink.

Goodluck to your team but I am convinced the Broncos is going to destroy you guys. Your O-line is the weakest of all and your QB runs like a headless chicken half of the time. Goodluck scoring 20 pts against our D but I am 100% pretty sure Manning can score 30 against your D.

Not to discredit the Broncos D..but the Pats have a good offense? Who is good outside of Brady?

RB- Blount and Ridley? Blount might have had a good game against the crappy colts D but for most of the year he was mediocre.
WR- Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, A. Collie, Aaron Dobson -You would call this a good WR core?
TE- Michael Hoomanawanui and Matthew Mulligan...who again?

I would put the Seahawks offense ahead of the Pats offense. Brady had an 87.3 rating for the season. Not very good this year.

And the 49ers offense is weak?

They have Boldin, Crabtree and Vernon Davis with the threat of Kaep running every play and Frank Gore with one of the best Olines in the league

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Ah yis the powerhouse NE with 0 WRs and the Chargers with a broken Ryan Matthews. Frightening

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bronco's Fans:

10 of the Broncos 41 sacks on I.R. in Miller, Wolfe, and Vickerson.

That means the Broncos have 31 sacks in 603 attempts.

31/603 = 5.1%

Seahawks have 44 sacks in 524 attempts.

44/524 = 8.4%

You can say you will shutdown Lynch but he's a different beast than Charles and McCoy. The Seahawks Rushing Offense is very imposing, very physical, and if the Broncos have the lead the Seahawks won't stray far from its core philosophies and the Seahawks will eventually wear out the Broncos defense because it doesn't have the depth to compete for 4 QTRs .

Derek Wolfe, Kevin Vickerson, Von Miller, Chris Harris, and Raheem Morris is on I.R.

Wolfe and Vick are big players.

Miller is your biggest linebacker, your best non D-Line run defender, and best pass rusher.

Harris is your best CB and for comparison sakes, he's about similar in size and talent to our 3rd best CB in Walter Thurmond.

Raheem Morris is much better than Mike Adams.

But above anything, the reason why the Seahawks Offense should destroy the Broncos Defense is not because we have played the league's best defenses over the last month.

But because our offense plays against the league's best defense every day in practice, and Denver's Defense is much similar to Seattle's, a 4-3 Defense with 3-4 philosophies.

Seahawks D can emulate the Broncos D but because of lack of superior talent and depth the Broncos can't emulate the Seahawks D.

You think Manning is going to score 49 on us, when the most we've allowed this year is 27 points to a Colts team that you allowed to score 39 on you.

Okay Bronco fans continue to believe Manning is a god... because he's not. Its easy to pick apart the worst defenses in the world.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Whoa :177692:

Denver's defense is:

1. Soft in the gap
2. Slow out on the edge
3. Mediocre in the secondary, at best.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Proof that Villain is a troll without a clue? In one post he mocks the Hawk defense because "they couldn't even stop Kaepernick from running" Then just above here he says Kaepernick can run. Dude's posts are like Lindsay Lohan driving home…..all over the road.

Ok leaving Villain and back to meaningful football talk. How good is Denver at blitzing. That was one issue with the Niners last week, although the Bronco linebackers are nothing like what the Niners can send at you.
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from Denver shutting down McCoy regarding their ability to shut down Lynch. The Saints shut down McCoy too and Lynch had his way with them a week later.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
plyka":fmhva64k said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":fmhva64k said:
plyka":fmhva64k said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":fmhva64k said:
Just to keep this conversation in perspective (not implying this means they're good), stats can be miss leading. ...When you have an offense setting passing records it means the opposing teams are forced to play catchup, I'm inclined to think it's a possibility defenses don't always play their best when up by 20+ points, very likely there was a few cheap meaningless tds scored and that a high octane offense generally means a lack of ball control and leaving your d out there more to get tired out ect.

I've seen this argument before. It seems like it's one not based on any facts. Let's put some numbers out so we can actually get to the heart of the discussion. The Broncos did have the highest point differential, it was 13 points per game. They beat out their opponents by an average of 13 points per game. So you're saying that this causes your defense to allow more points/yards? Well, let's look at the 2nd place in points differential --the Seahawks. The Seahawks won by an average of 11.7 points per game ---so Denver won by an average of 1.3 points per game more than the Seahawks. So how is it that the Seahawks have the #1 defense by the statistics? How is it that the Seahawks, despite having similar leads in the average game, do not allow it to skew the stats?

Let's be frank, this is the excuse of excuses. Denver's defense just is not very good. Your excuse for them is good unless you dig a little deeper and do a little comparison.

Sometimes Common sense and watching football gives a more accurate assessment, stats can be miss leading. And no, that's not what i was saying, Sure the point differential is similar, but the points per game isn't. Denver scored a cap load more then us which you conveniently left out of your comparison of stats, if you can't see how being up by 3 scores could possibly affect the defense then that's fine idc lol cause..
Like I said, I wasn't implying that their D is good, only throwing out that they possibly aren't as bad as they seem. I have no reason to make excuses for them and I hope your right, as I'm ready for sea to light up the scoarboard, which they will need to do.

You're not making sense here. This was the original argument: "When you have an offense setting passing records it means the opposing teams are forced to play catchup." This IMPLIES that the opposing team is DOWN by a lot of points and thus playing catchup. The important stat here is point differential NOT how many points Denver scores. If Denver scores 45, but the opposing team has 65, then it's Denver playing catchup not the other way around. Point differential is the ONLY stat which matters and total points by Denver is meaningless in comparison. Again, with your own argument.

my brain hurts reading that. I get your point, youre saying a score is a score, and nothing else matters...i get that. my point was, with that they possibly had more cheap tds scored on them due to being up by so much, and less pressure possibly cause there defense to not be on the top of their game, im not arguing stats, im arguing circumstance. I hardly agree with that myself as i said, i still dont think theyre are that good. regardless, i think we spank them and sorry for the confusion. go hawks :thirishdrinkers:

Anthony!

Reaction score
villain71":21o1nsse said:
No I'm not a 49er fan. In fact I can't stand the whiners. All they do is whine about everything. Have you seen their board.. its all whining about referees. They do their best to never give your team credit no matter what. I am a Broncos fan so I know what the Broncos are capable of. We have the most electrifying offense in the NFL. Manning is playing like a superman. Our Broncos D has stepped it up in the playoffs. As I said they got better D stats in the playoffs than the Seahawks. We manhandled a Patriots team that has a good offense.

Your team has faced WEAK offense. 49ers got a weak offense. Kaepernick can run but other than that he is a joke at passing. Saints have a good offense but Brees sucks in shitty weather and he struggles at the clink.

Goodluck to your team but I am convinced the Broncos is going to destroy you guys. Your O-line is the weakest of all and your QB runs like a headless chicken half of the time. Goodluck scoring 20 pts against our D but I am 100% pretty sure Manning can score 30 against your D.

Okay lets look at defense you are giving up 16 points per game in the payoffs, guess what so are we, anything else does not matter.

Now lets look at offense you are scoring 25 points per game in the playoffs we are scoring 23, Hmm not much of a difference but we did it without Harvin which we will have. Now lets look at the offenses you faced so far in the playoffs; the top offense you faced was ranked number 5 the top we faced was ranked #4 Hmm not much difference there. Now lets look at the top defense you faced, since they do not list defenses for the playoffs we will use the regular season stats for the playoff teams. The top defense you faced was San Diego at 23rd, the top defense we faced was #4, Hmm.

So to sum up you are scoring 2 points more per game than us in the playoffs while seeing defenses ranked 23rd or worse, but now you face number 1. We are averaging 2 points less than you while facing defense ranked no less than #5 and now we face you guys who are number 19. And we are both in the playoffs giving up 16 points. The difference is you have never faced a defense as highly ranked as ours and we have been facing defense much more highly ranked than yours.

So basically all your talk is worthless enjoy. By the way you do know saying your "100% pretty sure" is an oxymoron. Either your 100% sure or your pretty sure period, way to believe NOT.

Exittium

Reaction score
Foghawk":3c9vjd8r said:

Denver's defense is:

1. Soft in the gap
2. Slow out on the edge

Forget #4 here let me add it:

4. Percy Harvin - X Factor, Fast, and No real Game film to prepare your above mentioned, 1,2 & 3 Defense.

davidonmi

Reaction score
villain71":sazxxq10 said:
Smelly McUgly":sazxxq10 said:
villain71":sazxxq10 said:
How you gonna stop Manning?? Seriously?? I don't think I've read any real solution from any seahawks here. All you guys do is insult and talk crap but do not back up with real solutions. So how you gonna stop Manning huh?? How you gonna stop our receivers? Your LOD will get destroyed.

Press coverage, bump your soft WRs off their routes, force Manning to hold onto the football, and sack him since he's a total statue.

The cold weather will also stop Manning from going deep, so expect to see lots of press coverage since we can leave Earl Thomas on an island just fine and he will hold his own back there.

Unless the Seahawks fail to stop the run, which I guess is possible since Mike James and Zac Stacy looked unstoppable at points against us this year, Manning will have a very hard time moving the ball.

Sorry bud, this is an awful matchup for your Donkeys. They could still win, of course, but on paper, they look like a 7-10 point loser.

We will see. All I know is only you Seahawks fans believe this. Majority of the country believes the Broncos will win by a landslide.
no, a bunch of bronco fans think that, I have not seen one guy predict a "landslide" even the most passing game homer in the media Pete Prisco predicted 27 20 DEN.
This is a 4 QTR game

Reaneypark

Reaction score
villain71":2zzjpqd4 said:

Get back under your bridge.

Miile High

Reaction score
As a broncos fan, I'm more worried about Wilson taking off than anything else. Lynch is good, very good, one of my favorite players in the NFL. But the Broncos have been pretty stingy this year against running backs, a top 10 rushing defense all year.

Wilson is quite the athlete, and our outside guys aren't all that quick. If everybody is covered downfield, I'm worried Wilson will be able to move the chains on some crucial 3rd downs with his legs.

Also, Percy Harvin could be an x-factor, depending on how many snaps he gets.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Miile High":1s44n6st said:
As a broncos fan, I'm more worried about Wilson taking off than anything else. Lynch is good, very good, one of my favorite players in the NFL. But the Broncos have been pretty stingy this year against running backs, a top 10 rushing defense all year.

Wilson is quite the athlete, and our outside guys aren't all that quick. If everybody is covered downfield, I'm worried Wilson will be able to move the chains on some crucial 3rd downs with his legs.

I have no ulterior motive in asking this, but what is up with the 15 rushing touchdowns allowed this year. The YPC allowed is good so that was a little surprising. The Seahawks YPC allowed is similar but we have allowed 4 rushing tds.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Miile High":1e1irvly said:

Also, Percy Harvin could be an x-factor, depending on how many snaps he gets.
True our offense is not predicated on Russ throwing for 300 yds and 3 TDs to win. He'll run to move the chains but really seeks to keep plays alive when things break down. Scramble drills become a big part of the game by our WRs, something that makes it more difficult for defenses to account for due to it not being in the framework of an offense. This is done solely out of necessity due to the preponderance of top 10 defenses we've had to face the past 4-5 weeks. The question I have for you is, given that Manning must have conditions perfect (weather, pass pro, WRs running the right routes and not getting alligator arms) is he capable of improvisation under the assault of a number one defense?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Regarding Lynch and what I suspect will be the game p!an. The hawks gave us a taste when they they used a extra OL vs TE.

They will run the ball down the broncos throat. SF had one of the stoutest run defenses. Still over 100 yards for lynch and Wilson will add had his share too

The game plan is Miami Dolphins circa 1970s. I really don't see the broncos able to stop it ; they don't have the right people to do it.

Nickel

Reaction score
marko358":2xehe8fp said:
I'm getting a little tired about hearing how underrated the Denver defense is. In both playoff games they played against offenses with key missing players. San Diego's powerful rush attack was affected by injury to Matthews and the Patriots' receiving core has been completely decimated. Having a mobile and smart QB, a bruising rush attack and the addition of Harvin, I think we are going to embarrass the Denver D.

The Seahawks will likely be playing from behind, so Wilson will be forced to pass the ball often. The rushing attack, no matter how good it is, really gets taken out of the picture when you're down by a couple scores. I'm not convinced Seattle can answer with a score each time Denver scores. Stopping Manning is nearly impossible, you just have to keep it close and hope for a lucky break or a mistake.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Nickel":15q5025c said:
marko358":15q5025c said:
I'm getting a little tired about hearing how underrated the Denver defense is. In both playoff games they played against offenses with key missing players. San Diego's powerful rush attack was affected by injury to Matthews and the Patriots' receiving core has been completely decimated. Having a mobile and smart QB, a bruising rush attack and the addition of Harvin, I think we are going to embarrass the Denver D.

The Seahawks will likely be playing from behind, so Wilson will be forced to pass the ball often. The rushing attack, no matter how good it is, really gets taken out of the picture when you're down by a couple scores. I'm not convinced Seattle can answer with a score each time Denver scores. Stopping Manning is nearly impossible, you just have to keep it close and hope for a lucky break or a mistake.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Nickel

Reaction score
Foghawk":3lk12vmn said:

Denver's defense is:

1. Soft in the gap
2. Slow out on the edge

But again, can Seattle score every time Denver scores? They're going to score, the question is can Seattle keep up? I could be TOTALLY wrong here, but I could see Wilson being forced into a shootout with Manning which could be tough, considering receivers, experience, etc.

Edit: Typo

Nickel

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ovyzrfuy said:
Nickel":ovyzrfuy said:
marko358":ovyzrfuy said:

You don't know what you're talking about.

That was definitely a thoughtful, well articulated, knowledgable rebuttal to my point of view.