Denver defense - Overhyped

villain71

Reaction score
I said beastmode cannot be stop at HOME but in the road he sucks. The superbowl is not hometeam for you guys. If anything its hometown for Denver. And don't let the wind fool you. Manning will score a lot of touchdowns against your Seahawks.

How you gonna stop Manning?? Seriously?? I don't think I've read any real solution from any seahawks here. All you guys do is insult and talk crap but do not back up with real solutions. So how you gonna stop Manning huh?? How you gonna stop our receivers? Your LOD will get destroyed.

How is Wilson gonna score against our playoffs D? Expect 10 sacks. Your QB panics the moment the wind touches him so imagine our scary D which is BETTER in the playoffs than your Seahawks. Stats prove it.. look it up if you are in denial.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The Denver offense is kinda all Manning. Decker's gonna get overpaid this offseason. Thomas can't get physical very well either. Welker is still solid in the slot and Julius Thomas is legit (though this is a bad matchup for him, too). Knowshon Moreno is, eh, whatever.

Really, looking at this talented, but not overwhelmingly so offense Denver has, I'm going to have to give even more credit to Manning for being a robot football genius.

Polaris

Reaction score
Beastmode travels. Defense travels. Offense, esp the high precision timing offense that the Broncos under Peyton like doesn't. What's Peyton's playoff record under 40 degrees in the wind again? Has he ever won such a game?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
villain71":38533g5v said:
How you gonna stop Manning?? Seriously?? I don't think I've read any real solution from any seahawks here. All you guys do is insult and talk crap but do not back up with real solutions. So how you gonna stop Manning huh?? How you gonna stop our receivers? Your LOD will get destroyed.

Press coverage, bump your soft WRs off their routes, force Manning to hold onto the football, and sack him since he's a total statue.

The cold weather will also stop Manning from going deep, so expect to see lots of press coverage since we can leave Earl Thomas on an island just fine and he will hold his own back there.

Unless the Seahawks fail to stop the run, which I guess is possible since Mike James and Zac Stacy looked unstoppable at points against us this year, Manning will have a very hard time moving the ball.

Sorry bud, this is an awful matchup for your Donkeys. They could still win, of course, but on paper, they look like a 7-10 point loser.

villain71

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2m6ei5h5 said:
villain71":2m6ei5h5 said:

Press coverage, bump your soft WRs off their routes, force Manning to hold onto the football, and sack him since he's a total statue.

The cold weather will also stop Manning from going deep, so expect to see lots of press coverage since we can leave Earl Thomas on an island just fine and he will hold his own back there.

Unless the Seahawks fail to stop the run, which I guess is possible since Mike James and Zac Stacy looked unstoppable at points against us this year, Manning will have a very hard time moving the ball.

Sorry bud, this is an awful matchup for your Donkeys. They could still win, of course, but on paper, they look like a 7-10 point loser.

We will see. All I know is only you Seahawks fans believe this. Majority of the country believes the Broncos will win by a landslide.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
villain71":msisglu9 said:
Smelly McUgly":msisglu9 said:
villain71":msisglu9 said:

We will see. All I know is only you Seahawks fans believe this. Majority of the country believes the Broncos will win by a landslide.

Uh, the majority of the country knows nothing about football. Not that I'm some knowledgeable football genius or anything, but I know more than a lot of internet commenters and such.

You'll note that knowledgeable football writers like the dudes at FO are highlighting just what a bad matchup this is for the Donks. I would just advise you not to get your hopes too high. I know Manning is Manning, so I understand that there could be a loss in our future even though the Seahawks are pretty clearly more talented. You seem to think the Broncos are better than they are, however. Don't blow up too much if the likely event of a Seahawks win occurs.

Jville

Reaction score
villain71":6gr192qi said:
I said beastmode cannot be stop at HOME but in the road he sucks. The superbowl is not hometeam for you guys. If anything its hometown for Denver. And don't let the wind fool you. Manning will score a lot of touchdowns against your Seahawks.

How is Wilson gonna score against our playoffs D? Expect 10 sacks. Your QB panics the moment the wind touches him so imagine our scary D which is BETTER in the playoffs than your Seahawks. Stats prove it.. look it up if you are in denial.

OK ..... which one of you guys over wound his main spring?

OP
OP
marko358

marko358

Reaction score
How many elite defenses have you seen lose in the super bowl? I've seen a handful of high powered offenses get shut down.

Polaris

Reaction score
villain71":2ad7ztbc said:

No he doesn't. In fact Lynch is about as good on the road as at home. Yes he has been stopped on the road, but by defenses and schemes a LOT stouter than Denvers. Seattle hasn't faced a defense as weak as Denver's since they played Minnesota.

That's LOB and you have no clue. Our DB's play a "press" cover-3 and has extremely athletic LBs that cover the center part of the field. Our defense gets an extremely good pass rush with only a 3-4 man "exotic" rush, and the LOB seals the edges. This combination wrecks timing routes and creates extremely small window which will slow him down. That allows our rush to force Peyton off his spot.

We won't sack him a lot, but if you can force Peyton off his spot, his numbers become very, very mortal. Again look back at the preseason game when our ones played your ones. Also if Peyton throws ducks (and he has a tendency too), the LOB will make him pay for it.

Your D has no concept of what it means to play a modern mobile QB. Your defense doesn't hold a candle to the 49ners (or even the Saints). You let Wilson roll out and make the play, and he'll kill you with either with an outside the pocket pass or the zone read. Also at this point in their respective careers, Peyton doesn't really throw a good long ball anymore. Wilson does and is deadly with it....even (actually esp) when rolling out of the pocket.

Next to the D-lines we've faced, the Broncos are nothing special.

Polaris

Reaction score
villain71":crsfgp61 said:

The majority of the country is wrong. There is a reason why most places in Vegas initially had Seattle as a 1-2pt favorite. The wise guys and smart money knows that in a contest between offense and defense, defense generally wins.

However, when all the money comes in one way, Vegas adjusts the lines and takes the foolish money.

Edit: It is worth noting that Football Outsiders who has studied a variety of teams for years has determined that Seattle has about a 59% chance of winning based on the advanced stats comparisons of both teams on a neutral field.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
villain71":28flvvvh said:
Smelly McUgly":28flvvvh said:
villain71":28flvvvh said:

If you find comfort in listening to the 'bah' from the rest of the sheep cool but brace for a tragic ending to this story. Your team is about to get worked.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He has to be a Niners troll or a guy who has never watched a Seahawks game this season.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
villain71":m2bp8ivf said:

Well, since you love stats...there's this:

Russell Wilson: 52% completion pct on passes 15+ yards downfield in 2013, best in NFL...

Broncos allowed 42% comp pct on those throws (16th)

And you think Marshawn sucks on the road????

Here are his yards in road games this season:

Game 1: 43 (vs #2 Run defence at Carolina in Week 1)
Game 2: 98
Game 3: 102
Game 4: 91
Game 5: 23 (8 Carries) -Seahawks worst game of the season vs the Rams. 3 Starters were injured on O-Line.
Game 6: 145
Game 7: 72 (vs. San Francisco #4 Run defense in the NFL)
Game 8: 47 (had 73 yard receiving and 6 catches)-120 all purpose yards

I see 4 great games, 1 good traditional Marshawn Lynch games, and 1 good game where he was used differently and still had 120 all purpose yards.

He averages 77.6 yards per game on the road. That would be a top ten NFL average, and would be higher than Frank Gore, Chris Johnson, Knowshon Moreno, etc.

621 yards rushing in 8 games. This would translate to a 1,242 yard season. That would be the 7th best in the NFL and only 30 yards less than his actual average.

So I don't see where you get off saying he "sucks" on the road.

He played about 3-4 of those games without either/or his starting full back, his starting center, his starting left tackle, his starting right tackle, 2 different left guards, and 2 different right guards.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
God I hope they run right at porkrind, right into the teeth of the defense. I wanna see another beast mode on Darnell Docket ala Denver highlight again.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2psqtswg said:
God I hope they run right at porkrind, right into the teeth of the defense. I wanna see another beast mode on Darnell Docket ala Denver highlight again.
Ya, beast has been most productive between the tackles. Run it right at that overhyped flavor of the week and show them what a real running game looks like.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Cortez,

You didn't even hit him with Lynch's YAC. Besides Wilson's passing efficiency, proficiency on long passes, 500+ yards rushing and league-leading Houdinis, he is also up there in passing TD to attempts. He has done this with a patchwork line half the season and top defenses that were in his face.
Wilson can make a pass from any angle and connect on a 50 yarder while moving backwards. Not sure if Peyton can do that at his age.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Dinner will be served. Potroast is going to have a mouthfull of Carp then a sip of Bailey's before sniffing Lynches skittles.

irocdave

Reaction score
Glad to see the rational Hawks fans thinking the same thing as I. The Donkeys D is subpar compared to what the Hawks have faced this year. The worst defense in the NFC west is better than anything the Donkeys have faced. The Hawks offense has struggled lately, wonder why? As has been posted, look at the end of year rankings of the defenses they went toe to toe with. Manning is the greatest QB to ever play, no question in my mind about that.
But, we all know how great offenses perform under duress. Inconsistently. Manning is a statue, and his performance in poor weather conditions is alarming. One thing I have noticed watching Donkey games is the yards after the catch, or YAC. A lot of those come on broken tackles. The Hawks D doesn't miss tackles. They also play the screen game better than any other D. Also consider the hawks D KNOWS where ground zero is and will always be for sacking the QB I don't see how Manning gets through this game. He cant throw every pass out of bounds. I mentioned this in another post, but the Donkeys live on pick plays. How many hits can those tiny receivers take from Kamtrack, WT, Lane, (wish I could say Browner) etc. before all of them are in the locker room for observation?

Been watching Hawk football since day one and honestly see the Hawks putting a beat down on the Donkeys. They are a paper tiger and their fans are a new generation of ignorant / cocky. As I also said in another thread, Sherm should sell the Donkey fans T-Shirts claiming how much they hate Sherm. Just like Boz did.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im not even saying the Denvers D is bad. I think they can be effective and have played pretty well lately. HOWEVER, they are NOTHING like what the Seahawks have played since the first Saints game. Having to play the Saints twice, 49ers twice, rams and cards once each is going through battle every game against those pass rushers and lbs.

villain71

Reaction score
No I'm not a 49er fan. In fact I can't stand the whiners. All they do is whine about everything. Have you seen their board.. its all whining about referees. They do their best to never give your team credit no matter what. I am a Broncos fan so I know what the Broncos are capable of. We have the most electrifying offense in the NFL. Manning is playing like a superman. Our Broncos D has stepped it up in the playoffs. As I said they got better D stats in the playoffs than the Seahawks. We manhandled a Patriots team that has a good offense.

Your team has faced WEAK offense. 49ers got a weak offense. Kaepernick can run but other than that he is a joke at passing. Saints have a good offense but Brees sucks in shitty weather and he struggles at the clink.

Goodluck to your team but I am convinced the Broncos is going to destroy you guys. Your O-line is the weakest of all and your QB runs like a headless chicken half of the time. Goodluck scoring 20 pts against our D but I am 100% pretty sure Manning can score 30 against your D.