Defenseless Receivers

mrdaija

Reaction score
I hate this penalty. 95% of the time a receiver is in a defenseless position because he's had to go up and contort for a horrible ball thrown by the QB. His own guy is putting him in a bad spot but the defender pays the price for doing his job.

Either get rid of this stupid penalty or, every time the flag is thrown for it, fine the QB for endangering his teammates.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
I think everytime a defender falls down or gets burnt they should have a defenseless defender penelty and the offense should give bck some of the uards

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Its impossible for defenders to actually defend now. I mean both those flags were ridiculous. Only way you avoid those collisions is to pull up before the defender knows if the guy even catches the ball. Meaning you either let him catch the ball or get flagged. Thats not football.

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Amen. Nfl football is about to be ruined by the very term- defenseless receiver.

nsport

Reaction score
I agree on the premise they need to lighten up on the "defenseless receiver" call - however, this is a legit concern and should stay in the game - if called correctly. In both cases, our defenders munched the guy's head before he had a chance to tuck and brace for the hit. I'd call it an illegal hit to the head before I called it defenseless receiver.

Latest posts