Collins back to Seattle?

DJrmb

Reaction score
I thought they would have brought CJ Prosise back as depth for this week since he got released by Houston. Kind of surprised to see AC over him since AC hasn't played in over a year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Is ACcollinsFan is coming back too?? I always like that guy.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
DJrmb":2xv3fqyn said:
I thought they would have brought CJ Prosise back as depth for this week since he got released by Houston. Kind of surprised to see AC over him since AC hasn't played in over a year.
And Prosise hasn't played his entire career. The dude breaks a bone and pulls a hamstring every time he farts.

DJrmb

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":obpem5zu said:
DJrmb":obpem5zu said:
And Prosise hasn't played his entire career. The dude breaks a bone and pulls a hamstring every time he farts.

Hey, don't get it twisted. I'm no Prosise fan either. Just seems it would make more sense to bring in a guy who already knows the playbook for 1 or 2 games of depth, instead of a guy sitting on his couch for the past year.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded procise with the current situation on depth. I also don't mind Collins. I'm just glad there's more depth at the position.

toffee

Reaction score
Between these two , who was the better pass down blocker?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Seahawks are like the ex boyfriend that leaves you but brings you back later for one last romp in the sack.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3a5lyxvb said:
Seahawks are like the ex boyfriend that leaves you but brings you back later for one last romp in the sack.

Wondering if Thomas Rawls is next in line. I suppose Curt Warner is a little long in the tooth, but you never know...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse, this, or bringing Turbin back last year.

Rat

Reaction score
Collins was weird. In Seattle, he looked like he was running with concrete shoes. He gets cut and signs with the Ravens, and suddenly he’s explosive and agile.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rat":2qnfcr2v said:
Collins was weird. In Seattle, he looked like he was running with concrete shoes. He gets cut and signs with the Ravens, and suddenly he’s explosive and agile.

Give him a break. He had the unfortunate experience of having to run behind a Cable coached OL. Once he got away from that, he became very productive. With the exception of Lynch, many other rbs were unsuccessful with that circumstance too.

Rat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3twflmyu said:
Rat":3twflmyu said:

Give him a break. He had the unfortunate experience of having to run behind a Cable coached OL. Once he got away from that, he became very productive. With the exception of Lynch, many other rbs were unsuccessful with that circumstance too.

It wasn’t like Christine Michael who could run fast... into the backs of his linemen. I get Collins didn’t have the best of circumstances, but he looked SLOW and was deserving of being cut when he was. He never even showed flashes. Good on him for figuring things out later; that’s impressive resiliency.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Rat":2olin4jf said:
hawkfan68":2olin4jf said:
Rat":2olin4jf said:

It wasn’t like Christine Michael who could run fast... into the backs of his linemen. I get Collins didn’t have the best of circumstances, but he looked SLOW and was deserving of being cut when he was. He never even showed flashes. Good on him for figuring things out later; that’s impressive resiliency.

He still got cut in Baltimore ultimately as well. With him it seems like motivation? Or maybe focus? Idk, I don't think it's a bad signing for depth, but it seems odd with a guy that knows your system and playbook already available.

Boohman14

Reaction score

bigskydoc

Reaction score
No big secret. I was his second biggest fan when he was here, and I think he was primarily a victim of Cabevels inability to produce an NFL level offense, and worse, limited utilization. He split carries with Rawls, Prosise, Michael, and Pope. I think he should have been given the opportunity for more carries

I never saw the concrete feet. In his 11 games, he had 31 rushes for 125 yards, averaging 4 YPC tying Christine Michael for 2nd place in YPC. He was a pretty darn good receiver out of the backfield, going 11 of 11 for 84 yards.

His first year in Baltimore showed what he is capable of. He appeared in 15 games, and gained 973 yards on 212 carries for 4.6 YPC. He went 23 of 36 for 187 yards receiving.

His second year, his production was a bit lower with 411 yards, and 7 touchdowns in 10 games for 3.6 YPC, before going on IR with a foot injury. He also went 15 of 21 for 105 receiving.

In March of the offseason, he crashed his Corvette into a tree in Maryland, and marijuana and a hidden gun were found in the car. The Ravens immediately cut him.

His legal issues were getting sorted out, and he was apparently getting attention from teams, when he broke his leg, and underwent surgical repair, in July.

He sat out last season rehabbing.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Collins had 26 total carries for the Seahawks the one season he was here.

That is not an adequate sample size. It’s the same reason people lost their minds when Kasen Williams and Troymane Pope didn’t work out.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Basis4day":ssqu2v7r said:
Collins had 26 total carries for the Seahawks the one season he was here.

That is not an adequate sample size.

Perhaps not, but his Baltimore production is, and supports the supposition that he better than average, probably in the top 30% of backs.

Recall that, during his year with us, we were entirely schizophrenic with our plan at running back. We had zero consistency in the backfield and no one got the chance to really shine, except for Michael, who they were trying to shoehorn into a starting role. Prosise even got 2 starts that year.

Is 31 caries an adequate sample sizeI. Probably not, but it's roughly 1/3 the carries that the 2 leading rushers had. Who knows what he has left in the tank, buy he is definitely worth bringing in.

Neither Williams, nor Pope, has ever made the kind of impact that Collins did for the Ravens.