CNN Front Page News

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The coaching staff we have now is the best option to figure things out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":1g16p2xb said:
As much as it breaks my heart, it's true.

This team needs a change in coaching. We need a different philosophy. While PC is phenomenal at recruiting and developing a winning culture, the amount of infighting, penalties, and the way the team broke down mentally over the course of the season can't be ignored.

There's a clear lack of discipline, focus and cohesion on this"team." The Wagner-Thomas spat shows how deeply divided they've become.

There needs to be a total overhaul of the coaching staff. Keep Schneider. Go after another great college coach, Peterson would be awesome. Whatever. Go young, take a gamble. Bring in some new blood and get Russell into an actual NFL offense and I think this team reloads and takes the division. Our defense will have some holes but maybe a new coaching staff can get them up to par reasonably soon.

If Carroll doesn't make any coaching changes, he's gone in another year. Allen won't accept years of mediocrity and discord.

First "bad" season since 2011, one in which they will still probably wind up with a winning record, and we're firing Pete Carroll now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This fan base, I swear

hawksmode

Reaction score
so injuries had nothing to do with our record?

Though I do feel it is getting close to over if they do not stop giving into the fan favorites....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Injuries clearly had an impact, there's no way around it. But also, Pete's message, the lack of discipline of the players, the pathetic O Line etc.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3996vg2a said:
Injuries clearly had an impact, there's no way around it. But also, Pete's message, the lack of discipline of the players, the pathetic O Line etc.

Sometimes it's simply just not your season. I agree that the Seahawks days of dominating with the LOB and a vicious running attack have passed, that doesn't mean the days of them being a title contender are gone. Last time I checked, they still have a Top 5 QB, a front office that is never satisfied, an owner that wants to win but isn't suffocating/micromanaging.

The team needs changes, to what degree of an overhaul remains to be known. But firing the best coach in team history for a 9-7/10-6 season would be utterly stupid.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been having that same discussion w/a friend. It truly is just one of those years. It happens to good teams, and they come back. Clearly the have a lot of decision and/or work to do, but it has felt off the entire season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1qdzfukp said:
That's weird, I thought we were "primed for a deep playoff run, bank on it". Because "we have the best coaches for the task at hand"

Was I mislead?
No--Just gullible :lol:
We ar the ownlee inteligint beans in all the Ford Galexees :smilingalien:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":15iraeze said:
Aros":15iraeze said:
Two things I never thought I'd see on the front page of CNN. UFOs and The Seahawks Demise.

Oh the humanity. :greetingsearthling:

Hmmm, maybe they are related.

For example, maybe Bevel's anal probe damaged his brain (this would be a 'head up his ass' joke).
Um, that would be the disease called Rectalorbetry...That's where the Rectal nerve gets wrapped around the Opticle doo-hickey, thus causing him to see shit that ain't really there :greetingsearthling:

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13i23o7j said:
First "bad" season since 2011, one in which they will still probably wind up with a winning record, and we're firing Pete Carroll now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This fan base, I swear

First, I'm not arguing that we need to fire Carroll. I'm saying he needs to change up his coaching staff and get some discipline and cohesion back in this team, or he needs to go.

That has nothing to do with wins and losses. It has to do with a continuing breakdown of the team that has been going on since we lost SB49. There have been many many public instances of team mates going at each other, at the coaches, etc. The lack of discipline on the field as our season has progressed really speaks for itself. We've had player ejections two weeks in a row. This team has imploded, and I don't see how that improves without some kind of change.

This sort of conversation is what we call "nuance". It requires digging into details a little further than "well, they have a winning record so you're just a whiny fan". Of course I understand that some minds are not capable of seeing the grey. Simple minds must make everything black and white so they can understand it.

Latest posts