Clint Hurtt interview ....... exellent information.

Jville

Reaction score
I posted this in response to a question in another post.

But it definitely warrants its own thread. Starts 3 minutes and 30 seconds into podcast.

Here is a link where Hurtt talks about assistants added and Pete >>> Hour 1 - Clint Hurtt .... WYMAN AND BOB >>> [urltargetblank]https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=e89aa8eb-82bc-4848-ad8c-ae3f017db888&pr=ea0c7ab5-21be-407e-8674-a8d401696667&pl=ab73a3b5-93c9-4f21-b3ea-a8d40169666b&n=Wyman+and+Bob[/urltargetblank]

.............................. very informative and worth the listen for sure. :2thumbs:

James in PA

Reaction score
Thanks again! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I liked hearing it a second time even more than I did the first. I've spent a significant amount of time watching Hurtt run drills etc and was always impressed with him. I can't say I know he'll be the GOAT of DCs, but I like the guy and the way he thinks. So I have high hopes for what we see evolve during the upcoming season. We still have the bulk of off-season to deal with, and that will surely bring about additional changes that will provide for very interesting discussion and speculation. Let's get it on!

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1eddmt5q said:
I liked hearing it a second time even more than I did the first. I've spent a significant amount of time watching Hurtt run drills etc and was always impressed with him. I can't say I know he'll be the GOAT of DCs, but I like the guy and the way he thinks. So I have high hopes for what we see evolve during the upcoming season. We still have the bulk of off-season to deal with, and that will surely bring about additional changes that will provide for very interesting discussion and speculation. Let's get it on!
I generally like the coaching changes/additions. I just hope we can retain some key FAs this offseason.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Don’t know if it was the same interview I heard yesterday on the radio, but I love the fact he says he won’t be dropping DL men into coverage. It’s one of the dumbest things that is done in the game of football.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1sbigpdm said:
Don’t know if it was the same interview I heard yesterday on the radio, but I love the fact he says he won’t be dropping DL men into coverage. It’s one of the dumbest things that is done in the game of football.
Dropping DL into coverage has its place. I think the argument is that we did it far too often last season, costing us too many snaps where we undermined our own pass rush to do it. I believe Hurtt said that we will/may still do that, but on a much reduced rate, and only at strategically selected times.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Thank you for the link!

I listened to most of it and will circle back and finish tomorrow.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jvi3aru said:

He doesn't really say that, though. He says it'll still happen from time to time. Perhaps it'll be reduced, but it'll still happen.

And Seattle did not do it egregiously, either.

The Fangio-styled defenses people pine for have done it significantly more than Seattle has.

At the end of the day, these are extremely smart men who do what they do for a reason. If one wants to run modern, multiple fronts, then a player who can rush, drop, and set the edge is a necessity. It's why these guys are prized.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cmikesspinmove/status/1494361449598050322[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":329hdm6q said:

I agree never thought it was a good idea to drop linemen into coverage. Seemed whenever they did whoever that olineman was covering got the ball and made us pay,