Chris Harper signed by 49ers!!!

jhawk91

Reaction score
There's a good chance he ends up just like Lockett. I don't get all the worry with some of you guys

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2o1u2tm9 said:
Harper gets his $400,000 signing bonus from Seattle and his $405,000 rookie salary from the niners. Even if the niners cut him after 3 weeks his contract is guaranteed if he's on the roster week 1, which he will be.

Actually, I THINK the full year guarantee is only for vested vets.

I couold be3 wrong tho.

DonnieDarko

Reaction score
Will be used as a TE, similar to Delanie Walkers role. Also a good chance he never really makes an impact on this team whatsoever.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Barthawk":2p8brp8i said:
If SF has to resort to signing our castoffs in an attempt to "improve" then I am all for it. See Ricardo "Developing great rapport with Kaepernick in the Offseason" Lockette.

See:

vonstout":2p8brp8i said:
They need help at WR, so it's not a big surprise, but I won't be surprised if he's cut after our week 2 game either.

Barthawk, this is yet another move to try to swindle a little bit of information, but I don't think it would have been made if Harper wasn't such a relatively high draft pick (possible hidden value beyond merely yet more spying).

Green Bay just signed Scott Tolzein, AND Seneca Wallace (two recently cut 49er QBs). This is just the nature of the game. Any advantage you can get.

EDIT- also, another thing might be possible special teams help. With LaMichael James injured, we're pretty thin on returners.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Maybe Kaepernick can teach him to play H-back using color codes, a speak and spell, and play skool blocks.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1qlup0fy said:
Maybe Kaepernick can teach him to play H-back using color codes, a speak and spell, and play skool blocks.

Maybe he will let him live at his house so they can train together and become bffs?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1c7zztrs said:

OK...Even I laughed at that one. :D

As soon as I heard how Kaep was teaching Lockette, I knew that wasn't gonna work out. LOL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Chris Harper 6th on WR Depth chart, 4th in TE depth chart,1st Tortoise feeder, and 1st Bicep polisher .

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
I think, this guy is getting cut as soon as Manningham, or Crabtree comes back.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Here's an interesting stat line.

@12thManMyers: Stephen Williams played just 58 snaps in the preseason. Chris Harper played 115. Both played with and against 2s and 3s."

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I think Harper got about $75k guaranteed from the Niners, though I believe he has to be on 53 man for 3 weeks for getting claimed from practice squad, so that's about 90% of that money. Now have 6 WRs, 3 TEs, 1 hybrid TE, and 4 RBs, along with Crabtree and Manningham on IR. If he doesn't show more than he showed here, not sure his stay is long. They could practice squad him after 4 weeks and assume he won't be reclaimed by the Hawks. It appears there was a window to retain him on the 53 man once SF showed interest and the Hawks declined. Were it not for the DT rash of injuries, I think we might have tried to keep 6 WRs, especially only having 2 TEs

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
At this stage, the Niner's active (gameday) roster is pretty much set. The rest of the guys on the 53 are mostly projects, or situational depth. This kid was a pretty high draft pick, I don't feel to proud to take him from Seattle's trash bin. If he works out, thank you Seahawks!

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about this. Harper will be a free agent again, and not the expensive kind.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good point Kearly, come to think of it, they probably did us a favor. I'm wondering if Brooks makes the PS if Harper is still there? Thank you Jim Harbaugh :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Half the niner 2013 draft is on IR so they had to use someone's draft to fill holes in their roster.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":a3hx0x7f said:
Half the niner 2013 draft is on IR so they had to use someone's draft to fill holes in their roster.

yup...because 3 out of 11 is half. It's MATH!! :D

Oh yeah...and they aren't on IR because they can all come back this year AND those 3 picks were DRAFTED injured.

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11nkzocr said:

Didn't Harper have the highest Wonderlic score of any skill position player drafted this year? I thought I read that somewhere.