Chris Harper signed by 49ers!!!

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Look at all the babies crying. Whaaa!

We cut a guy who sucks and the 49ers picked him up. Get over it. Bunch of cry babies I swear.

-The Glove-":37egzobe said:
You guys are making this damn board near unreadable. Seahawks and Niner fans...but sadly, mostly Seahawks fans.

Amen brother!

10 pages of whinning over a guy who showed nothing, and most smart people wanted us to cut? Jesus

I'll take Kearse and Stephen Williams FTW!

Marvin49

Reaction score
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... t-end.html

Gee...this quote sounds strangely familiar....

"Harper must get a little bigger and stronger, but he is being eyed as a weapon for the future. The 49ers had a similar player, MarQueis Gray, on their roster this offseason. The Browns, however, signed Gray to their 53-man roster before the 49ers could sign him to their practice squad."

This was a move for a TE in the Walker mold, not a WR...and was done the way it was because the 49ers lost Gray to the Browns. Actually, it turns out SIX teams put in a claim on Gray.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2w31fv4x said:
Marvin49":2w31fv4x said:
Sports Hernia":2w31fv4x said:
Yep, Harbdouche is thinking he is being clever, when he is only playing the fool. Liked the Harper pick at the time, but the kid showed nothing in preseason, so adios!

Its ironic how the ninnies trolls are celebrating that we cut a 4th round pick when their 1st ROUNDER FROM 2012 EPIC FAILED in such a big way he barely saw the field and was TRADED for someone else's garbage. :lol: Hypocrites!!!!!

The ninnies fans running to their team's defense when anything critical is said about their beloved team, coaches, and front office is cute and entertaining all at the same time! :th2thumbs:

Again...I ask....who's doing that? Nobody is celebrating anything, only understand it.

Argue what we are actually saying. You don't need to make stuff up in order to have something to rant about.
I'm not ranting Junior. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of you forty ninnies trolls, something that with your blind ninnies homerism, you apparently can't see. By getting your panties in a twist over my post you prove my last sentence, thanks for playing! :th2thumbs:

Nah, I'd just rather people take issue with what I actually say and not make stuff up in order to have something to respond to.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Marvin49":149f6ukn said:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/09/delanie-part-deaux-49ers-intend-to-play-harper-at-tight-end.html

"Harper must get a little bigger and stronger, but he is being eyed as a weapon for the future. The 49ers had a similar player, MarQueis Gray, on their roster this offseason. The Browns, however, signed Gray to their 53-man roster before the 49ers could sign him to their practice squad."

This was a move for a TE in the Walker mold, not a WR...and was done the way it was because the 49ers lost Gray to the Browns. Actually, it turns out SIX teams put in a claim on Gray.

Sounds like a net loss for your FO. They lost a project who was actually coveted around the league and subsequently had to sign a guy to the final-53 who cleared waivers without a single claim.

mretrade

Reaction score
He is going to be our fourth tight end on the roster so I don't think its that big of a deal. He is being groomed for a specialty role.

drdiags

Reaction score
The bigger story is that the Seahawks spent a 4th round pick and $440K signing bonus to attempt to develop Harper. He didn't work out for the role the team wanted him to play but the 9ers are hoping to catch lightening in a bottle by making a small sacrifice carrying him on the 53-man roster.

If it doesn't work out, they only lose out on a minimum salary deal or worse a 3 game salary. The Seahawks scouts and coaches who evaluated Harper along with JS are probably huddling to figure out what they missed and how to keep from repeating this.

No one is a genius. As long as the big picture issues are trending up, the owner most likely isn't going to review the overall performance of the FO/Coaches negatively. But there have been a few monetary mis-steps that would make a more frugal owner's hair stand on end.

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2kj3srru said:
Marvin49":2kj3srru said:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/09/delanie-part-deaux-49ers-intend-to-play-harper-at-tight-end.html

Sounds like a net loss for your FO. They lost a project who was actually coveted around the league and subsequently had to sign a guy to the final-53 who cleared waivers without a single claim.

Now THAT is fair. I think they underestimated how much other teams would want him. They barely played him in final preseason game in an attempt to hide him, but to no avail. Thank god they didn't waive BJ Daniels in the hopes he would get through.

Marvin49

Reaction score
drdiags":14pqfx59 said:
The bigger story is that the Seahawks spent a 4th round pick and $440K signing bonus to attempt to develop Harper. He didn't work out for the role the team wanted him to play but the 9ers are hoping to catch lightening in a bottle by making a small sacrifice carrying him on the 53-man roster.

If it doesn't work out, they only lose out on a minimum salary deal or worse a 3 game salary. The Seahawks scouts and coaches who evaluated Harper along with JS are probably huddling to figure out what they missed and how to keep from repeating this.

No one is a genius. As long as the big picture issues are trending up, the owner most likely isn't going to review the overall performance of the FO/Coaches negatively. But there have been a few monetary mis-steps that would make a more frugal owner's hair stand on end.

lol. Yeah, it helps when your owner is the co-founder of Microsoft and has more money than several nations. :D

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Stoned Cold":30uamqrl said:
Look at all the babies crying. Whaaa!

We cut a guy who sucks and the 49ers picked him up. Get over it. Bunch of cry babies I swear.

-The Glove-":30uamqrl said:
You guys are making this damn board near unreadable. Seahawks and Niner fans...but sadly, mostly Seahawks fans.

Amen brother!

10 pages of whinning over a guy who showed nothing, and most smart people wanted us to cut? Jesus

I'll take Kearse and Stephen Williams FTW!

The only person whining is you about people giving their opinions on Harper.

Anyway, I do think that Stephen Williams might be the big-bodied receiver they have been looking for since they got here (BMW, Durham, Harper), which makes losing Harper easier to deal with.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
kearly":byp79kqk said:
#1: Insight into Seattle's playbook is obviously a factor here. Harper is the 3rd, or is it 4th former Seahawks WR that SF has signed since the end of last season?

#2: Harper is talented enough to merit a roster spot on most teams, particularly a team as desperate at WR as SF.

#3: FWIW, I did hate the Harper pick, but I like him more now than I did when they drafted him. I was hoping he'd last on the PS. He may have looked raw this preseason, but he was polished compared to where he was at KSU. I think we saw some progress from him, even with all the drops at the end. Golden Tate was once an even worse WR in the preseason and look where he is now.

#4: Seattle's track record at WR is actually pretty awesome, IMO.

-Golden Tate was a quality 2nd round pick.

-Doug Baldwin was a UDFA steal, and that's part of the draft process.

-Kearse might be another.

-Sidney Rice has played very well for us. Count me in on those who think he's worth his cap hit.

-They attempted to trade for both Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall. Jackson had almost 1400 yards last year and Marshall had 1500+ and their play is as pretty as their stats. Those were good trade targets to go after.

-They've had some good results with reclamation projects (Mike Williams, Stephen Williams).

Sure, they whiffed on Durham and they passed on a ton of good WRs to take Harper. Seattle likes to gamble on upside and you won't bat 1.000 when you do that.
Kearly, he isn't going to play WR for the 49ers. He isn't good enough to supplant any of the 49ers WRs. He is going to be the HBack role

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2457vx05 said:

Anyway, I do think that Stephen Williams might be the big-bodied receiver they have been looking for since they got here (BMW, Durham, Harper), which makes losing Harper easier to deal with.

Its all good. You seem pretty invested in this nothing situation. 4th post already. Someone stole a skittles bag out of your Halloween pillow case. You want answers. I get it.

Look at whats left in your pillow case (Seahawks roster), bro you got a gang load of better candy bars and shit to be happy about. Screw the skittles.

Thats how I look at the Harper FAIL.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":2gtvbo44 said:
#1) Harper sucks. Glad he's the Niners problem now, though I'm sure they'll soon discover that he can't catch and cut him too.

#2) Some Hawk fans seem pretty insecure when it comes to debating Niner fans. No need to be defensive. It's simple: San Fran has a great team, but Seattle is a lot better:

QB: Push
RB: Hawks
WR: Hawks
OL: Niners - but it's close
TE: Push
DL: Push
LB: Niners
DB: Hawks
ST - Hawks
Coaching: Push
Depth: Hawks
Home Field Advantage: HAWKS
Schedule: Niners

The last one is the only thing that should cause any concern.
How is TE a push????? How is DLine a Push????? How is coaching a push????? Why is ST Hawks????? And how is OLine close?????

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":32aq1ob9 said:
Smelly McUgly":32aq1ob9 said:

Its all good. You seem pretty invested in this nothing situation. 4th post already. Someone stole a skittles bag out of your Halloween pillow case. You want answers. I get it.

Look at whats left in your pillow case (Seahawks roster), bro you got a gang load of better candy bars and shit to be happy about. Screw the skittles.

You guys have a great roster. To the point where 4th round picks don't have a guaranteed spot. It's a good thing not a bad thing

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2816ub14 said:
Thunderhawk":2816ub14 said:
#1) Harper sucks. Glad he's the Niners problem now, though I'm sure they'll soon discover that he can't catch and cut him too.

#2) Some Hawk fans seem pretty insecure when it comes to debating Niner fans. No need to be defensive. It's simple: San Fran has a great team, but Seattle is a lot better:

ST - Hawks

How is TE a push????? How is DLine a Push????? How is coaching a push????? Why is ST Hawks????? And how is OLine close?????

I'm willing to bet that the Hawks have a better ST unit than the Niners. Our D-Lines are close, as well.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2j43mbb2 said:

One day, you will make a decent post worth reading. Today is not that day, I guess.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ym1tjkc said:
Stoned Cold":1ym1tjkc said:

One day, you will make a decent post worth reading. Today is not that day, I guess.

More whinning yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still 2 posts behind your crying about this subject

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":35y2vsin said:
Smelly McUgly":35y2vsin said:

His point was that very few seem to actually care that we lost him. Just because the thread is big doesn't mean it's full of whining.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":lw9v8ldb said:
More whinning yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Still not that day.

Anyway, for those of us with some semblance of football knowledge - not many of us in this particular thread, considering the presences of StonedCold and all the Niners fans polluting the thread - I think the Seahawks keeping a few LBs that I didn't think might make it (Farwell, Morgan, Lotulelei) over projects like Harper and Fells is super-interesting. I think it indicates that we're running more 3-4-ish looks than I thought that we might.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3mb0ht3b said:
SoHo9erFan":3mb0ht3b said:
Thunderhawk":3mb0ht3b said:

ST - Hawks

I'm willing to bet that the Hawks have a better ST unit than the Niners. Our D-Lines are close, as well.

I'd be willing to take that bet. Niners had best ST unit in the NFL in 2011.

Pro Bowl Kicker, Pro Bowl Punter and one of the best ST coaches in the NFL (Brad Seely).

Tough to say on D-Line as Niners play a 3 man line...tho one of them is Justin Smith. If Niners played a 4-3 like Seattle than Aldon Smith would be in that group....and even removing Aldon the 49ers linebackers would STILL be a better unit.

Since the fronts aren't the same, I think its better to say Front 7 and Secondary. Niners have better front 7 and Seattle has better Secondary.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Marvin49":10argtca said:
Maelstrom787":10argtca said:
SoHo9erFan":10argtca said:

I'd be willing to take that bet. Niners had best ST unit in the NFL in 2011.

Pro Bowl Kicker, Pro Bowl Punter and one of the best ST coaches in the NFL (Brad Seely).

Tough to say on D-Line as Niners play a 3 man line...tho one of them is Justin Smith. If Niners played a 4-3 like Seattle than Aldon Smith would be in that group....and even removing Aldon the 49ers linebackers would STILL be a better unit.

Since the fronts aren't the same, I think its better to say Front 7 and Secondary. Niners have better front 7 and Seattle has better Secondary.

Last years Special Teams DVOA has Seattle at 3rd and San Fran at 20th, compared to 2011's DVOA having Seattle 16th and San Fran 2nd.

Front 7 is getting closer with our big DL additions in Bennett, McDonald and Avril, as well as the continued development of Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright. I'd give San Francisco the edge currently, though.