Chris Harper signed by 49ers!!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
look@dafilm":34k02s5s said:
rideaducati":34k02s5s said:
I never said he was dumb, I said he has duped niner fans and the media into thinking he is a good GM. Maybe, when the niners win fewer games this year, you'll start to understand that more Baalke drafted players means fewer wins. Just watch, you'll see.
[/quote]

hahaha, now this is funny. more baalke drafts = fewer wins? Bowman, Anthony Davis, Ian Williams, Alex Boone, Iupati, Aldon, Kaepernick, Hunter, Bruce Miller, and Chris Culliver would all like to have word with you. baalke is another gem from Parcel's tree.[/quote]

Yes, more Baalke draft picks will garner more losses. The 2010 draft was McLoughan.

mretrade

Reaction score
^^ McCloughan didn't make any draft selections in 2010. He was dismissed in March for drinking on the job. So how is that his draft?

It is Trent Baalke's draft. Article from ESPN in March of 2010. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5018193

"Trent is leading us into the draft," York said. "Trent is the point person in the draft. He is making draft decisions. ... Trent knows the draft better than anybody else and I have full confidence in him."

Subzero717

Reaction score
mretrade":2kzswaum said:
^^ McCloughan didn't make any draft selections in 2010. He was dismissed in March for drinking on the job. So how is that his draft?

It is Trent Baalke's draft. Article from ESPN in March of 2010. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5018193

"Trent is leading us into the draft," York said. "Trent is the point person in the draft. He is making draft decisions. ... Trent knows the draft better than anybody else and I have full confidence in him."

So Scott builds a draft board and a couple weeks before thecdraft leaves the team and you want to give Trent ALL the credit. Lol. Why have the drafts been crap since then?

You sir have been owned.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2i22cita said:
mretrade":2i22cita said:

So Scott builds a draft board and a couple weeks before thecdraft leaves the team and you want to give Trent ALL the credit. Lol. Why have the drafts been crap since then?

You sir have been owned.

How can you call their 2011 draft crap? That just sounds ill informed and unaccredited. Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Kendall Hunter, Bruce Miller. Many teams in the league would probably call their draft a home run just by getting a QB like Kaepernick, Wilson, Luck, or RG3. The 49ers not only got a QB like that, but also a few other great picks.

2012 draft looks like junk except for James. Not to mention, the 49ers were making moves throughout the draft. I seem to remember them trading for at least 3 extra picks in the next year... sometimes it is not all about going for it that year, but making success sustainable into the future. Depending how their 2013 draft will look (thanks to the moves in 2012), will decide the overall success of their 2012 draft. The players in 2012 don't look good except for James... but due to the sacrifices they made in 2012 their 2013 draft looks decent so far. Only time will tell. That being said... obviously the draft wasn't a home run, but if the moves then make their 2013 draft a home run... its arguable if it was a crap draft.

For 2013, I am going to assume when you said every drafts been crap since then that you were only referring to 2011 and 2012. 2013 is obviously too soon to tell.

Subzero717

Reaction score
seahawksflow":38sxcuti said:
CALIHAWK1":38sxcuti said:
mretrade":38sxcuti said:

You sir have been owned.

How can you call their 2011 draft crap? That just sounds ill informed and unaccredited. Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Kendall Hunter, Bruce Miller. Many teams in the league would probably call their draft a home run just by getting a QB like Kaepernick, Wilson, Luck, or RG3. The 49ers not only got a QB like that, but also a few other great picks.

2012 draft looks like junk except for James. Not to mention, the 49ers were making moves throughout the draft. I seem to remember them trading for at least 3 extra picks in the next year... sometimes it is not all about going for it that year, but making success sustainable into the future. Depending how their 2013 draft will look (thanks to the moves in 2012), will decide the overall success of their 2012 draft. The players in 2012 don't look good except for James... but due to the sacrifices they made in 2012 their 2013 draft looks decent so far. Only time will tell. That being said... obviously the draft wasn't a home run, but if the moves then make their 2013 draft a home run... its arguable if it was a crap draft.

For 2013, I am going to assume when you said every drafts been crap since then that you were only referring to 2011 and 2012. 2013 is obviously too soon to tell.

What kind of homer are you?

Smith and Kap were good picks. I wanted both players at that time as did many around here. Hunter ehhh. 2012 was bad and this years crop hasn't played yet but on paper they don't look that great. Other transactions they've made haven't been all that either. Just my opinion.

mretrade

Reaction score
Wow. His drafts have been crap? Baalke had a month to rearrange the draft board. In 2010, the 49ers traded up for Anthony Davis, Trent Baalke's decision. Took Novarro Bowman in the 3rd round. Iupati also in the 1st round. This was his draft. A GM's job is setting up the draft board but that is a collective effort. When it comes down to it, pulling the trigger is the GM's job. This was Trent Baalke's draft.

2011 was a home run.

2012 looks like a whiff.

2013 looks great but too early.

You sir are a homer as the Seahawks fan above me clearly stated.

Vandelay

Reaction score
Sayin Trent is not responsible is like saying only Schneider is the one building the Seahawks. This board keeps saying he is not a strong Gm, even though he was voted by his peers as the Executive of the year in 2011. By the way your boy Schneider is the one who saw all the talent in Balkee and hired him with the Redskins. He was the college scout and then the National scout so basically your genious Schneider listened to our genious Balkee and put his drafts together. Its the same as me sayin the Pete's 58-54 record reflects what an avg coach he has been in the NFL. If it looks like a rat an smells like a rat...well then. ITs to bad Schneider has to put this elite team out on the field and then it has to be coached by a guy who is a life time .513 winner. This is what everyone in the entire world refers to as AVERAGE. Had he'd been working with a Bill Cowher or Parcells, you would already have been to a superbowl. Your stuck with an elite college coach, basically Dennis Erickson

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vandelay":32zpwdiy said:
Sayin Trent is not responsible is like saying only Schneider is the one building the Seahawks. This board keeps saying he is not a strong Gm, even though he was voted by his peers as the Executive of the year in 2011. By the way your boy Schneider is the one who saw all the talent in Balkee and hired him with the Redskins. He was the college scout and then the National scout so basically your genious Schneider listened to our genious Balkee and put his drafts together. Its the same as me sayin the Pete's 58-54 record reflects what an avg coach he has been in the NFL. If it looks like a rat an smells like a rat...well then. ITs to bad Schneider has to put this elite team out on the field and then it has to be coached by a guy who is a life time .513 winner. This is what everyone in the entire world refers to as AVERAGE. Had he'd been working with a Bill Cowher or Parcells, you would already have been to a superbowl. Your stuck with an elite college coach, basically Dennis Erickson

Genious? I am pretty sure the inability to spell words describing mental aptitude can nullify otherwise clearly well thought out posts.

Vandelay

Reaction score
spelling aside, a lot of truth in that post, hence your reaction to only the spelling on a "forum" i might add. Correct me on this line as well

U NO It B TRUUUU!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vandelay":197oyxws said:
spelling aside, a lot of truth in that post, hence your reaction to only the spelling on a "forum" i might add. Correct me on this line as well

U NO It B TRUUUU!
No, it's troll, not truuu. Another spelling correction for you. You either have enormous thumbs and a tiny phone, or maybe something else small you are trying to make up for.
Your time is short here, so I will be direct. You suck. You are to forums what Skip Bayless is to life, a drain on it. You try to dress your tribalism in a couple of facts, not because you really believe them, but because you are beating a drum for your colors.

I ignore the rest of your post because I recognize this fact. You are here on this forum to bang your drum because you are afraid the team I like is better than the team you like.

Sturm

Reaction score
Aren't the 49er's at the bottom of the waiver claim list since they went to the Super Bowl.

That means every other team had to pass on Harper when he was waived. Is this right?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sturm":35wea466 said:
Aren't the 49er's at the bottom of the waiver claim list since they went to the Super Bowl.

That means every other team had to pass on Harper when he was waived. Is this right?

He made it through waivers. He didn't get picked up until he was about to sign on to the Seahawks PS

mretrade

Reaction score
Carroll is way better than Dennis Erickson. Erickson didn't even listen to his players at all.

Vandelay

Reaction score
I think your team has just as much talent but because your coach has proved time an time again in the big boys league the he is completely avg, makes me beat the drum of my team. I have been dying to find a site for some good old fashion ribbing. I am totally trolling for i live 6,000 miles away and have missed all the 49er Seahawks trash talk. Recognize the facts, Pete Caroll is an always has been a avg coach. If he werent you would have been in the NFC title game. He blew it, choked.. FACT always the bridesmaid never the bride...its his NFL story

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vandelay":rbywo6cm said:
I think your team has just as much talent but because your coach has proved time an time again in the big boys league the he is completely avg, makes me beat the drum of my team. I have been dying to find a site for some good old fashion ribbing. I am totally trolling for i live 6,000 miles away and have missed all the 49er Seahawks trash talk. Recognize the facts, Pete Caroll is an always has been a avg coach. If he werent you would have been in the NFC title game. He blew it, choked.. FACT always the bridesmaid never the bride...its his NFL story

Well, until last year, he was a below .500 coach, right?
So, are you admitting he is improving?

And since in bringing down Carroll, you are trying to elevate Jimmy, when did he wear the wedding dress?

Vandelay

Reaction score
I think Jimmy's record in the NFL speaks for its self. No need for elevation. Carroll has a much bigger body of work to prove he is just avg. Regardless of how you spin the building of the team. When Harbaugh coaches in over a 100 games and is just .500 get back to me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
mretrade":ofz1pn0i said:
Wow. His drafts have been crap? Baalke had a month to rearrange the draft board. In 2010, the 49ers traded up for Anthony Davis, Trent Baalke's decision. Took Novarro Bowman in the 3rd round. Iupati also in the 1st round. This was his draft. A GM's job is setting up the draft board but that is a collective effort. When it comes down to it, pulling the trigger is the GM's job. This was Trent Baalke's draft.

2011 was a home run.

2012 looks like a whiff.

2013 looks great but too early.

You sir are a homer as the Seahawks fan above me clearly stated.

2010 was pretty damn good as well.

For those who say he "used Scots board"....LOL. Right. As if Baalke flew in the night before the draft and used Scots notes. LOL.

Baalke was with the team all through Scots time with the 49ers as Scots right hand man. he helped BUILD those boards and is a big reason why Jed York had no problem letting Scot walk and replacing him with Baalke. Lets also not forget tat Scot was let go for a reason...he was an alcaholic. If that hadn't become a problem for the team and started to affect his work performance then I highly doubt they would have let him go so close to the draft.

I'm sure Scot had input into the evaluation of players for the 2010 draft, but discounting the success of that draft for Baalke is lunacy. He helped build the board and he was in the chair.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vandelay":17fdl87c said:
I think Jimmy's record in the NFL speaks for its self. No need for elevation. Carroll has a much bigger body of work to prove he is just avg. Regardless of how you spin the building of the team. When Harbaugh coaches in over a 100 games and is just .500 get back to me.
He is still a bridesmaid. No trophy yet.

And I didn't spin the building of the team.