Chris Clemons Signs With Seahawks

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
He will be good for around five sacks, maybe even more. I love this addition, he is a beast. I am hoping for a career resurgence.

strohmin

Reaction score
This is a great move. This team definitely needs a respected veteran player to keep the locker room in check and mentally focussed.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just thought of something really important (that's actually not).

How much is Clem going to pay Marsh for #91? And does Marsh take Irvin's old number?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1mcij0ub said:

How much is Clem going to pay Marsh for #91? And does Marsh take Irvin's old number?

#80 is open. I mean granted Jerry Rice would have to sign off on it, but he seems like a stand up guy so doubt it'd be an issue.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2h89i0yx said:
Good signing. Cant understand the level of animosity some are showing towards this signing other than "he not JJ Watt, he not good!"

He does not bring anything to the team, his career has past him, he will not make the team and if he does that does not look good for the rest of the D line.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":dyox8t89 said:
Hawkfan77":dyox8t89 said:
Good signing. Cant understand the level of animosity some are showing towards this signing other than "he not JJ Watt, he not good!"

He does not bring anything to the team, his career has past him, he will not make the team and if he does that does not look good for the rest of the D line.
This

sutz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3gqy62ij said:
vin.couve12":3gqy62ij said:

#80 is open. I mean granted Jerry Rice would have to sign off on it, but he seems like a stand up guy so doubt it'd be an issue.
You are an evil man. :laugh:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ixsbu91 said:
TorontoHawk":1ixsbu91 said:
Hawkfan77":1ixsbu91 said:

This

Yes, the sky is falling. I'm sure we'll learn there is nothing to lose when the contract details are published. If he can at least impart some knowledge to some youngsters in TC, it's a win.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":6jndm93h said:
vin.couve12":6jndm93h said:

lol It would have been better to have Jerry eat a bowl of Ds and not play here at all than to sacrifice that number.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If he is done, he won't make the team.

Or this disguises draft intentions.

Not worried about this signing at all.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I believe Clemons was rated by PFF as the worst edge rusher last year. I hope he can revive his career here. He was most likely playing too many snaps in Jacksonville.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3p6hbjur said:
Great! We signed an old dude!

We might as well sign worthless journeyman Red Bryant. Let's get the band back together!

I know you're being sarcastic, but Red was a part of the D-line in Arizona last year and that team went further than the Hawks did.

Just because they aren't starters anymore doesn't mean they can't have a role.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2al7c0dm said:
Tech Worlds":2al7c0dm said:

We might as well sign worthless journeyman Red Bryant. Let's get the band back together!

I know you're being sarcastic, but Red was a part of the D-line in Arizona last year and that team went further than the Hawks did.

And as far as getting the band back together.... WTIII if he doesn't retire plz.

drdiags

Reaction score
HawkFan72":20f3yg3b said:
Tech Worlds":20f3yg3b said:

Plus the Cards re-signed Big Red to a new contract, so they thought enough of him to give him a chance to stick around this season if he can cut the mustard. He along with Clemons looked to be done with the Jags but there is a role for these types of vets based on how their bodies hold up.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Doubters will doubt but I still remember alot of people trashing on Rubin last year, which funny cuz I dont remember the same animosity for Kevin Williams.

Also, remember a lot of people with negative things to say about KJ Wright. How he wasnt deserving of his extension, and yet he
arguably performed like an elite LBer last year and was perhaps the Seahawks most consistent, most dependable game to game player in 2016, when a lot of people thought he was no better than "average at best".

So I just find hilarious that doubters are already locked in with thier negativity for this season, some of the same peeps who trashed on Okung, Sweezy, and Irvin all season and now are doubting the team for allowing those guys to leave.

I love how doubters disregard all developmental projections and criticized young players based off limited action like all players just come into the league as good as theyll ever be and can be coached up or get stronger or faster or better or more determined.

But back to Chris Clemons, i just find it hilarious that a guy who has nothing left and who is now a has been, was once a guy people revered pre Bennett and Avril.

Most people credit Lynch as the posteboy of Seahawka transformation. But imo Clemons is more deserving of credit of symbolizing in what it to took to turn around this franchise.

How many of you were upset trading Daryl Tapp for pretty much a unknown player who many then doubted as just camp fodder.

Clemons wasnt drafted, he bounced around a few teams, he was a nobody, just another guy with minimal ability to survive on a roster, but he then came to the Seahawks and became a dominant force in the role the Seahawks wanted him for.

Flash forward to 2016, I dont care what he did with the Jags, or how old he is now. This is a different team, different expectations, and he just as more experience to draw from to help young players on both sides of the line.

If the Seahawks identified Clemons as a guy who can fulfill a role, I trust that, its not like they are risking bringing on an unstable player with pitentially great talent.

They are bringing in a familiar player already knowing who is and what he can bring. They talked to him and worked him out and know he has something left to offer or the Seahawks simply wouldnt have signed him if he was washed up.

They hardly make signings of that nature. But from time to time they'll add a great aging vet and allow that player to compete. Clemons was either a Winfield or a Williams. I dont remember too many haters talk trash on those signings. Also dont remember too many haters talking trash on Williams when he was anchoring DLine for an injured Mebane at 34 years old enroute to a Supebowl berth.

Clemons imo is like most aging vets not in a contract year on bad teams, he's a gamer. When they are on a bad team with young players the team is trying to develop they get lost in the snap counts and tend to mail it in.

But on a good team that has bigger expectations, in a reduced role with a purpose, surrounded by cast of established players, more often than not those players overachieve thier declining ability especially if you put them in a position to succeed with something to play for.

Do we know what Clemons wants, hes probably not playing for a contract at this point, so if hes playing to go out on top as a winner, that familarity and experience has a chance to transcend his age and declining ability and actually help this team this up-coming season.

My first reaction sure as hell is not going to be doubt and be critical but see the silver lining the reasoning why the Seahawks would take a chance on Clemons.

Davidess

Reaction score
I like the move but I more or less see him coming in and being veteran competition in camp

I don't see him making the team but if he does? cool but I just see him as a camp body and preseason cut.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This was a true "yawner"........ unless we've found the "Fountain of Youth". Wake me up April 28th for the NFL Draft.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
There are multiple reasons Seattle may have chosen to sign the old war horse. One of them possibly being that with the draft rapidly approaching, having 25 other teams select in front of you can limit your possibilities of getting a particular player you want if they have an idea of what holes you still need to fill that weren't done with in house re signings or free agency.

sutz

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2kxdjvj2 said:
There are multiple reasons Seattle may have chosen to sign the old war horse. One of them possibly being that with the draft rapidly approaching, having 25 other teams select in front of you can limit your possibilities of getting a particular player you want if they have an idea of what holes you still need to fill that weren't done with in house re signings or free agency.
This. :13: John is a master at covering his contingencies before the draft. I like Clemons and I think he could contribute in a spot duty role for a season if necessary. Any time you can get a 5 sack guy on the cheap it's kind of a no-brainer. If we draft somebody who beats him out, nothing lost.