Chris Clemons Signs With Seahawks

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Cant lose on this one, if he has got it still then great for us, if not we just cut him.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":23wp96ra said:
Dude is an asshole off the field and completely washed up. Bad signing. Bring Schofield back if you want to go this route to improve the pass rush! Really don't like this move.

No guarantee he makes the team.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Awesome. I loved Clemons here and while he wont be as good as he was, he could be a good addition and a good relief DE when someone comes off the field.

SeaJax

Reaction score
Let's all remember that Raheem Brock was washed up in '10, and Pete got 8 sacks out of him in a limited pass rush role. Clem already knows the role and what it takes to compete to make this roster. This is a good move.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Clemons signing this far along into FA after his visit suggests he probably caved to a very low offer with little or no guarantee. If that's the case there is no risk and only upside with this. It's easily worth letting him compete in camp for a spot in an area of need.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Dont know if there is anymore to read into this other than like pretty much all of the off season moves, the Seahawks are maintaining or raising thier floor as a team rather than looking at the ceiling.

Clemons offers much familarity and experience, he might not have much left in the tank but its not like we know how much is left or if he'll have enough for the role the Seahawks put him at.

However, I can say that Clemon's will not be here for just shits and giggles, the dude will be all out competing to earn the role he was signed on for. The dude was always hyper-competitive and just brought an aura of nastiness, alpha dog mentatility to the mix.

Camp fodder or not, we'll see, but it never hurts to get your floor in order, and it never hurts to add a familar veteran presence to your DLine. He's definately a guy who will speak his mind or get on some guys if need be. The younger guys i.e. Clark and Marsh should learn a thing or two from him even if hes not being purposely being a mentor.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I like it. SIgn everyone you can. Com"PETE". Why not. Nothing says we have ot keep him to regular season. A vet that can show some new draft pics some tricks. Plus he can let everyone know how good they have it here compared to anywhere else.

IS there a max they can sign before any roster cuts???

oasis

Reaction score
Remember what Lawyer Milloy did for Kam Chancellor?

We got Clark, Marsh and probably some rookie on the docket about to play some serious pass-rush snaps. Maybe he can teach them some technique, etc.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm the Rahim Brock of this thread.

XOXO

Konz

Marlin Man

Reaction score
This is the best they can come up with???? The guy won't even make the club.

Come on P&J give us soemthing we can work with for god's sake

Like someone said above, "probably the next LT"

M.M.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Marlin Man":31qzl4lw said:
This is the best they can come up with???? The guy won't even make the club.

Come on P&J give us soemthing we can work with for god's sake

Like someone said above, "probably the next LT"

M.M.

Pre-Draft.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Damn, the FO makes a small move that may or may not work out for the better and now everyone is a critic.

Frankly, though I wouldnt doubt Chris Clemons making some sort of splash. Very rarely does this team add an aging veteran this early in the free agency process and they certainly wouldnt add a guy being so cashed strapped if they felt that player had nothing to offer in the long run and would just be a waste of resources.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33jfxd99 said:
He won't even make the team. Dude is done.
After reading in this thread he ranked dead last for DEs last year, I believe you're right. But really what do Hawks have to lose? Maybe he squeezes one more season out of himself. If not, he'll be cut in TC.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
However the works out for the Seahawks it's a reasonable acquisition. Don't get the negativity, if he's done it'll be quickly obvious but if not he's reasonable depth and will be used as a sometime situational pass rusher.

I'm fairly certain there won't be much guaranteed money involved here.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1cppxhl9 said:
Hasselbeck":1cppxhl9 said:
He won't even make the team. Dude is done.
After reading in this thread he ranked dead last for DEs last year, I believe you're right. But really what do Hawks have to lose? Maybe he squeezes one more season out of himself. If not, he'll be cut in TC.
Exactly. Nothing to lose here. A once-important player from the ol' gang is back. At the very least he can share stories from the SB-winning season during camp. Inspire the youngins and whatnot.