Carp is better, Walter as nickel/PR & Bowie as starting RT

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2u6pi5xr said:
I think that was nwgamer's polite way of saying "For the love of God, will someone please start talking about the Seahawks again?"

Just over a month and training camp starts BigSky.

We can handle it. But it's fun to have fun amirite?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2aipc8db said:
MontanaHawk05":2aipc8db said:
I think that was nwgamer's polite way of saying "For the love of God, will someone please start talking about the Seahawks again?"

Just over a month and training camp starts BigSky.

We can handle it. But it's fun to have fun amirite?

I like you.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1o7hyuls said:
Stoned Cold":1o7hyuls said:
James Carpenter. Maybe it was the draft day Saban shock when he sat at Engrams table and Carpenter was selected. Maybe its because I think he's an out of shape fat bastard and I laugh when Carroll says "game shape", like Carp even remembers what that means. He looked like he was sweating signing his contract on seahawks.com he was so fat. I don't know, maybe the fact the dude is always hurt and can never achieve game shape? Maybe its because he sucked as a right tackle, as Charles Barkley would say he was TURRIBLE! I also get the impression he doesn't want it. He reminds me of another SEC guy and former Seahawk...Chris Spencer. A guy who was great in college and had all the tools but was too stupid and lazy to utilize his talent. Carp better get it together quick because I'm not so sure the Hawks will pay him 1.5 million next year to hang out at the Golden Corral.

Rant over, done with this fool
Wow. That post was ignorant. Not you. But the post.

Yeah I was a bit drunk when I wrote that. I'm just....I don't know man. I don't think he has what it takes. I have no confidence in the guy. I think the Seahawks scrambled on that pick. In fact I know they did. They were trying to trade back and got stuck. If my memory serves they traded back already and were trying to trade back again when they took him.

I will say this. All the people that ridiculed me for my thoughts. I wrote you down. In a year or 2 we'll see whats up lol. I got your comments archived lol. And I'll always be here if you want to ridicule me.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
dunceface : haven't seen him play?
Scottemojo: That fool shut down a healthy Justin Smith last year.
Teqneek: I mean come on give Stonecold a break... That Alabama team was HORRIBLE... and Nick Saban is known for letting his players slack off and be severely lacking. Especially in those national championship games and senior bowls. That team couldnt run for crap over the left side could they ....
My dog eats better looking tuds than that post
KCHawkGirl: You and Tical have such wonderful attitudes I wonder if you're going to fall over dead in February when we win in New York?
truehawksfan: Never type when angry.You don't make sense when doing so.
hemunn: ...because Saban is a terrific evaluator of NFL level talent right?
onanygivensunday, Natethegreat: GOT MY BACK, LOVE IT, DON'T LOSE YOUR BALL SACK.
Happypuppy: Carp will be a excellent LG and will show it ...at least I hope so. My trepidation is the knee issues not allowing him to get into good shape.
NYCoug: TLDNR, My point isn't that Carp and Moffitt are guarantees to be the next Okung and Unger. It's that it's still too early to give up on either of them because they still have the talent to turn things around. All that's missing from their game is consistency and hopefully both can find it this season and elevate their games to a new level. Moffitt's probably in a fight for a roster spot this offseason, that's just the nature of this organization, but I have faith in the big guy that he'll stick and have a breakthrough season.
peachesenregalia: It's official!
-The Glove- wrote: Wow. That post was ignorant. Not you. But the post.

Keep them comming....

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Throwdown":op8ldxb8 said:
I'm calling Prelag.

Tell me what you really think about Carpenter? Don't be a fence rider or a nothing President like Obama. Have an opinion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Dudes a beast at LG from what we saw, that's my opinion. Remember when people were calling Okung a bust? Now they look like idiots, I think the same thing will apply to the naysayers of Carpenter.

NYCoug

Reaction score
dunceface":3ehyqodv said:
NYCoug":3ehyqodv said:
Okung/Carpenter/Tubbs/McIntosh... could you imagine what an unbelievably ugly, hideous monster you'd have if those 4 melted together like the Blob or something? Christ that thing would be nasty! Like Bastion Booger meets Rocky Dennis meets Sloth meets the Toxic Avenger.

?
recolting.png

This is so many kinds of perfect that I can't even begin to describe how perfect this is, dunce. Amazing find and great job. Interesting to see the turn the thread took a little afterwards, too. .Net, always keeping me on my toes.

themunn

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2nxypvz1 said:
dunceface : haven't seen him play?
Teqneek: I mean come on give Stonecold a break... That Alabama team was HORRIBLE... and Nick Saban is known for letting his players slack off and be severely lacking. Especially in those national championship games and senior bowls. That team couldnt run for crap over the left side could they ....
My dog eats better looking tuds than that post
KCHawkGirl: You and Tical have such wonderful attitudes I wonder if you're going to fall over dead in February when we win in New York?
truehawksfan: Never type when angry.You don't make sense when doing so.
hemunn: ...because Saban is a terrific evaluator of NFL level talent right?
onanygivensunday, Natethegreat: GOT MY BACK, LOVE IT, DON'T LOSE YOUR BALL SACK.
Happypuppy: Carp will be a excellent LG and will show it ...at least I hope so. My trepidation is the knee issues not allowing him to get into good shape.
NYCoug: TLDNR, My point isn't that Carp and Moffitt are guarantees to be the next Okung and Unger. It's that it's still too early to give up on either of them because they still have the talent to turn things around. All that's missing from their game is consistency and hopefully both can find it this season and elevate their games to a new level. Moffitt's probably in a fight for a roster spot this offseason, that's just the nature of this organization, but I have faith in the big guy that he'll stick and have a breakthrough season.
peachesenregalia: It's official!
-The Glove- wrote: Wow. That post was ignorant. Not you. But the post.

Keep them comming....

good luck hunting this post down in 2 years

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":3nt067ft said:
Dudes a beast at LG from what we saw, that's my opinion. Remember when people were calling Okung a bust? Now they look like idiots, I think the same thing will apply to the naysayers of Carpenter.

I agree with this sentiment. Well said Throw!

McGruff

Reaction score
On a related note, when we picked Carpenter many people were wondering why we passed on the more highly ranked RT Gabe Carimi or Wisconsin.

Carimi was just traded from the Bears to the Bucs . . . For a 6th round pick!

hawker84

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":16ajm8cz said:
James Carpenter. Maybe it was the draft day Saban shock when he sat at Engrams table and Carpenter was selected. Maybe its because I think he's an out of shape fat bastard and I laugh when Carroll says "game shape", like Carp even remembers what that means. He looked like he was sweating signing his contract on seahawks.com he was so fat. I don't know, maybe the fact the dude is always hurt and can never achieve game shape? Maybe its because he sucked as a right tackle, as Charles Barkley would say he was TURRIBLE! I also get the impression he doesn't want it. He reminds me of another SEC guy and former Seahawk...Chris Spencer. A guy who was great in college and had all the tools but was too stupid and lazy to utilize his talent. Carp better get it together quick because I'm not so sure the Hawks will pay him 1.5 million next year to hang out at the Golden Corral.

HUH? :229031_confused2:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":tl7tju4j said:
I think the Seahawks scrambled on that pick. In fact I know they did. They were trying to trade back and got stuck. If my memory serves they traded back already and were trying to trade back again when they took him.
Absolutely laughable.

First off, no they hadn't traded back, 25 was their original spot. Second, if you actually think they forgot their draft board and "scrambled" because a traded didn't happen, then well you must have absolutely zero confidence in this FO when it comes to the draft. Yep, the same FO that drafted Russell, Thomas, Sherm, Chancellor, Wagner, Wright etc clearly has no idea what they're doing during the draft and obviously got caught with their pants down during a failed trade down and "panicked"...

Schneider said they were trying to trade down but still wanted to get Carpenter at a later spot. So yeah, I guess that's scrambling... :roll:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":107l8r6y said:

Keep them comming....

I take it you think this was an attack on you? So then are you denying that Carp shut down Justin Smith?

dunceface

Reaction score
NYCoug":2esqrbfi said:
dunceface":2esqrbfi said:
NYCoug":2esqrbfi said:
Okung/Carpenter/Tubbs/McIntosh... could you imagine what an unbelievably ugly, hideous monster you'd have if those 4 melted together like the Blob or something? Christ that thing would be nasty! Like Bastion Booger meets Rocky Dennis meets Sloth meets the Toxic Avenger.

?
recolting.png

This is so many kinds of perfect that I can't even begin to describe how perfect this is, dunce. Amazing find and great job. Interesting to see the turn the thread took a little afterwards, too. .Net, always keeping me on my toes.

Why thank you sir. *tips hat*

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":1gjsrkk4 said:
-The Glove-":1gjsrkk4 said:
Stoned Cold":1gjsrkk4 said:

Wow. That post was ignorant. Not you. But the post.

Yeah I was a bit drunk when I wrote that. I'm just....I don't know man. I don't think he has what it takes. I have no confidence in the guy. I think the Seahawks scrambled on that pick. In fact I know they did. They were trying to trade back and got stuck. If my memory serves they traded back already and were trying to trade back again when they took him.

I will say this. All the people that ridiculed me for my thoughts. I wrote you down. In a year or 2 we'll see whats up lol. I got your comments archived lol. And I'll always be here if you want to ridicule me.

Weren't you joined at the hips with the anti Russell Wilson crowd during the first part of last season?...yeah, that's what I thought. Why start doubting you now? :shock:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
James Carpenter is a big pile of goo. You would think all that goo would pad his body and offer him some degree of protection but noooooooo!

Seeker

Reaction score
This is going to be walter thurmonds year. Mark my words.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1v4ql1z2 said:
James Carpenter is a big pile of goo. You would think all that goo would pad his body and offer him some degree of protection but noooooooo!

Weren't you originally joined at the hips with the anti Red Bryant crowd? Yeah, that's what I thought. Why start doubting you now. :cool:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
When Carp was drafted I thought he could make a pro bowl LG. As it turns out he never could quite get his kick drop right at RT as it just wasn't natural for him, but I still maintain that he can be a pro bowl LG if he can stay healthy. That left side should be dominant in the run game once again starting this year.