More coffee and cigs for you. Quinn is a lock at #2 and more

mikeak

Reaction score
Great post - thanks OP

In regards to Moffitt - everyone here roots for our team (I am ignoring the 49er posters :)). To say that a guy sucks or isn't good or can't stay healthy doesn't mean that any one of us wouldn't be happy to be proven wrong.....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
""There is so much wear on the tire and we don't want to wear down now..." - PC on Lynch.

I'm wondering if he said more there than he intended?

I'm sure I'm looking too much into it but it did catch my attention.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think PC is just being realistic about Lynch. Nothing really to read into it. And I suspect the quote meaning was more like, "there is ONLY so much wear on a tire", meaning on a 50K tire, if you're at 30K of wear, you don't want to put unnecessary additional miles on. When written, it sounded like "there is SO MUCH WEAR on THAT tire (Lynch)" which I don't think is at all how PC meant it. It's like the stats showing how RB effectiveness drops off the following year after a season of 300+, or 320+ carries that I've seen posted in other threads. (If someone knows the link to that stat, please post it)

Anyway, Christine Michael will have a huge impact this year, as a complementary threat to Lynch, and keeping Lynch's carries down. Book it. It was a draft masterstroke. Michael will make at least a couple game-deciding plays for us like Golden Tate did last year, plus I predict he will have a key game-deciding play in the playoffs to advance us to the next round or win the big one. Sort of our own Timmy Smith big game wonder-performance, but with more staying power in subsequent seasons, and without Timmy Smith's subsequent drug problems.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Imagine for a moment.
Percy's addition helps to make our offense extremely lethal.
Our pass rush finally developes to what we expect after the suspensions and injuries are in the rear window...and

The offensive line becomes our strongest asset.

Chapow

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3vfg59ug said:
The offensive line becomes our strongest asset.

That is going to be a really, really tall task considering our Secondary.

On another note, has everyone just completely written off Turbin? I mean damn, it doesn't even seem like the guy is on the team anymore the way he is just completely disregarded around here.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Aros":2xlvttdy said:
""There is so much wear on the tire and we don't want to wear down now..." - PC on Lynch.

I'm wondering if he said more there than he intended?

I'm sure I'm looking too much into it but it did catch my attention.

I know it's horrifying because we all want Lynch around forever, but he's hovered around 300 carries over the past couple of years. You can't keep hammering a back, even one as physical as Marshawn, without it catching up to the player. Also, the Michael pick signified to us that Seattle knows it needs a back up plan for the position.

However, I also read the comment as: We want and need Lynch around for the Super Bowl run, and we're doing what we can to minimize the risks to his overall health.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Chapow":3k9a4ue9 said:
On another note, has everyone just completely written off Turbin? I mean damn, it doesn't even seem like the guy is on the team anymore the way he is just completely disregarded around here.

I think many of us saw what Turbin did last year and were satisfied with his progress, but he really didn't do anything that made us sit up and say "WOW! We have Marshawn's replacement!" Between Michael being our first pick of the draft and all of the hype about him being the "best pure rusher in the draft" his ceiling appears higher, hence the extra attention given to him.