More coffee and cigs for you. Quinn is a lock at #2 and more

Spokane

Reaction score
Seahawks | Christine Michael shows well
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:51:58 -0700

Seattle Seahawks RB Christine Michael worked with the first-team offense this week during organized team activities (OTAs), and he showed off his pass-catching skills during the sessions.

Fantasy Tip: Michael is battling for the primary backup job behind starting RB Marshawn Lynch. He might be worth a late-round flier in re-draft leagues, and a roster spot as a handcuff to Lynch. He'll be worth a middle-round pick in long-term keeper formats.

Share: | Source: The Seattle Times - Bob Condotta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Brady Quinn appears to have job locked down
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:51:24 -0700

Seattle Seahawks QB Brady Quinn appeared to have a solid performance during organized team activities (OTAs), and there seems no real doubt that he is the primary backup to starting QB Russell Wilson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Two catch eye of Pete Carroll
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:50:53 -0700

Seattle Seahawks OT Mike Person and TE Sean McGrath stood out in organized team activities (OTAs) for head coach Pete Carroll. "Another guy to mention is (Person), like (McGrath), you can see the benefits of being here year round. It really has made a difference for those guys," Carroll said.

Seahawks | John Moffitt earns praise of coach
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:49:52 -0700

Seattle Seahawks OG John Moffitt has seen plenty of reps working as the first-team starting right guard, and he earned the praise of head coach Pete Carroll. "He's in the best shape since we've had him. He's in better shape than when he got here. He's leaner and I think stronger than he's been," Carroll said.

Seahawks | Tharold Simon nursing foot injury
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:49:12 -0700

Seattle Seahawks CB Tharold Simon (foot) is battling a foot injury, and it kept him sidelined for organized team activities (OTAs) practices. "He came in with an old foot injury that he played with all last year, and we just want to make sure, it's kind of stress-fracture-looking thing but it isn't that yet. We just don't want it to progress right now, so we just want to lay off it and give him a ton of time to get back," head coach Pete Carroll said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2Vbh3AKxd

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Yes its to much news for one thread, but thats how I roll

Seahawks | Taking it easy with Jesse Williams
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:47:52 -0700

Seattle Seahawks DT Jesse Williams (knee) is recovering from offseason knee surgery, and the team is taking it slow with the rookie during offseason workouts.

Seahawks | Being cautious with Kam Chancellor
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:47:25 -0700

Seattle Seahawks SS Kam Chancellor (ankle) is making his way back from ankle surgery, and the team is being very cautious with his offseason workouts. "Kam had ankle surgery and just didn't want him to go these days in a row. He'll be back next week ready to go," head coach Pete Carroll said.

Seahawks | Percy Harvin in good shape
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:46:51 -0700

Updating a previous report, Seattle Seahawks WR Percy Harvin (hip) sat out organized team activities (OTAs) this week due to what head coach Pete Carroll said was "a little bit of a hip flexor" issue that has been bothering the receiver. However, Carroll doesn't seem concerned, and said Harvin's fitness was good. "We're trying to get him back next week, so we rested him a couple days. He's done tons of work and looks great. We have no question what he can do and where he's fitting and he understands the offense," Carroll said.

Seahawks | Chris Clemons remains away from team
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:46:19 -0700

Updating a previous report, Seattle Seahawks DE Chris Clemons (knee) was the only player not present at organized team activities (OTAs), as he remained home to rehab his knee.

Seahawks | Pleased with Marshawn Lynch
Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:45:35 -0700

Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch (undisclosed) returned to practice at organized team activities (OTAs) this week after missing the session Monday, June 3. While he worked mostly with the second- and third-team units, head coach Pete Carroll said that is nothing to read into. The team is being careful to limit the wear and tear on Lynch during offseason workouts, to keep him as fresh as possible heading into the regular season. "There is so much wear on the tire and we don't want to wear down now, we are not at that point where we should be pushing that as long as he is in great condition, which he is, so pleased with his progress at this point," Carroll said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2VbnBvvvn

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info again! But man it sure seems like we have a lot of nagging injuries on our team this year or what?

bellingerga

Reaction score
Thanks for the news. Good to hear about Moffit. I have a feeling he'll end up having a pretty good season this time around.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
All that info is from Carroll's OTA presser on .com from a few days ago but thanks anyways for those that didn't see or hear it.

That's what I like about .netters...... always getting the info out to others that may have missed it.

Dismas

Reaction score
The Moffitt clip is really gong to disappoint some folks . . Maybe he isn't the lazy slacker some would paint him as

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Nice to see you around again Spokane. Check your pm's from like a year ago.

I've listened to the OTA pressers but i'll be damned if i can remember what i've heard without going through them again.

Thanks for taking he time to spell them out.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Thanks, but I am all cut and paste...no spelling for me. I got no PMs brah.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Good to hear about McGrath. He's a player on the bubble that really stood out to me last season. Glad we kept him around.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Thanks for the hard work! Helps us that can't get on the computer only a few times during the work day.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dismas":357gm58i said:
The Moffitt clip is really gong to disappoint some folks . .

Incorrect.

All people want from Moffitt is evidence (in the form of results) of the effort and talent commensurate to the investment our team has made in him.

If Moffitt succeeds in his tenure with the Seattle Seahawks, why would that be a disappointment to any Seattle Seahawks fan??

Stop playing the hater game and think about it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
bestfightstory":djn3vlj6 said:
Dismas":djn3vlj6 said:

Incorrect.

All people want from Moffitt is evidence (in the form of results) of the effort and talent commensurate to the investment our team has made in him.

If Moffitt succeeds in his tenure with the Seattle Seahawks, why would that be a disappointment to any Seattle Seahawks fan??

I was going to say the same. Moffitt stepping up would be awesome. It would solidify a lot more options all over the interior.

pinksheets

Reaction score
nanomoz":3s8wo9e2 said:
bestfightstory":3s8wo9e2 said:
Dismas":3s8wo9e2 said:

Incorrect.

I was going to say the same. Moffitt stepping up would be awesome. It would solidify a lot more options all over the interior.
I half-agree, the downside being that it means a higher upside guy like Sweezy might not be developing like the coaches want him to. Though, Sweezy was getting the starter reps at RG to start, and the wording "plenty of reps" doesn't necessarily mean that he's surpassed Sweezy. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

That being said, Moffitt still isn't funny.