small time news

Spokane

Reaction score
Seahawks | Cliff Avril will be limited during minicamp
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:08:08 -0700

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said DE Cliff Avril (foot) will be limited during minicamp next week because of his foot injury. Carroll said Avril will be able to participate in some drills.

Share: | Source: Everett Herald - John Boyle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Percy Harvin sits out
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:06:40 -0700

Seattle Seahawks WR Percy Harvin (hip) did not participate in practice Wednesday, June 5, because of a sore hip flexor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seahawks | Chris Clemons could be ready for Week 1
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:04:02 -0700

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said DE Chris Clemons (knee) is well ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn anterior cruciate ligament and that Clemons could be ready for the start of the regular season. Carroll said the team will not rush Clemons back on the field.

Seahawks | Breno Giacomini will not need surgery
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:03:17 -0700

Seattle Seahawks OT Breno Giacomini (knee) will not need knee surgery after having tests done on his knee in New York. Head coach Pete Carroll said Giacomini could have practiced this week.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl#ixzz2VNZe4XNe

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":lofx2f74 said:

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said DE Chris Clemons (knee) is well ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn anterior cruciate ligament and that Clemons could be ready for the start of the regular season. Carroll said the team will not rush Clemons back on the field.

This is not small time news

bestfightstory

Reaction score
:th2thumbs:
SacHawk2.0":13f7a6us said:
Spokane":13f7a6us said:

This is not small time news
:th2thumbs:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of soreness, aside from Clemons, I'm encouraged about my boy Clem though!

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I bet we don't see Clem week 1. Keep him from traveling, but I'd put money we see him week 2 again 49ers

bestfightstory

Reaction score
In no way panicking, but good grief. Consider the Lobster! I mean, consider the DE situation!

Top three returning pass rushing DEs from last year:

Clemons. Aged and coming off major knee surgery.
Irvin. Suspended first four games.
Scruggs. Likely out for season.

Top two pass rushing free agent acquisitions:

Avril. Foot injury
Bennett. Lingering Shoulder situation.

Again (for the reading comprehension challenged) I am IN NO WAY panicking. But this is a lot of...this is maximum ????? Question marks at most significant area for upgrade this offseason.

I trust our organization to handle it appropriately, but dang.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Prediction...We are going to have our ass handed to us in Carolina on September 8th! I wonder if that qualifies as "small time news"? :roll:

SE174

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3lpqhzlv said:
Prediction...We are going to have our ass handed to us in Carolina on September 8th! I wonder if that qualifies as "small time news"? :roll:
Prediction... you will mocked shamelessly Sept. 8th after we win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fig Newton and the little kitties are going down like a 3 dolla hooka. Hawks by at least 10 in that game.

dunceface

Reaction score
Prediction... 3 months from now this situation will not look so dire

NYCoug

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3lux67jq said:

No doubt T-Sizzle will remind you of this prediction at around 4:30PM Eastern on September 8th... oh what's that? You're in Puyallup? Been there once a few years ago. Got lucky because it was during the Fair. I gotta say, I have a soft spot for the place. I love it. So anyways, at around 1:30 your time on September 8th, there will be a thread posted by T-Sizzle dedicated to this prediction and how wrong it was. Get your defense ready.

I do think this is small-time news. Even the Clem story. Don't get me wrong, I think Clem CAN be ready for the Season Opener. Something tells me that the team will take it easy with him though, even if he won't. He's one of the elder statesmen of the Seahawks defense, and team in general, and he commands the respect of everybody in that locker room. We're going to need him for some of those playoff games and who knows, hopefully even the Super Bowl. Maybe go with something unorthodox like resting Clem a bit against some of the weaker teams we play and featuring other guys a little bit more in those games?

I'm confident the offense can hold it down while Irvin and Clemons are out/getting their feet under them. I think it's more important to have everyone at 100% at the end of the season/playoffs, then having all hands on deck at the beginning of the season. If you look at the Giants in 2011 as a recent example, they dealt with a ton of injuries (especially to their secondary, much like all of our injuries seem to be at the DE position) at the beginning of and during the season. Guys got healthy later on, they weren't quick to IR everybody, guys played hurt, and some other guys stepped up big time. Whenever the Seahawks win it all for the first time, they're going to need a combination of those things anyway. It's the nature of the game. We had an entirely clean bill of health, for the most part, last season and we still didn't win it all. Yeah I know they were a year younger and a different team but the point remains that you can still win the Super Bowl even if guys start the season nicked up, suspended, etc. Having said all that, I think we'll be fine health wise once the season starts and the boys start chasing that dream.

But yeah, T-Sizzle is gonna kill you over this one Bigpumpkin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3i4vc8c3 said:
You do know you will never live this down? I am sure there will be at least 1 thread here made at around 1:30 PM PST Sept 8 2013 mocking you and this prediction.

OP
OP
S

Spokane

Reaction score
Pete did not say if he would play or not play, so that is why I threw up the "Small time news" title.

lol, that is one fun tidbit about .Net... nothing is let go here! Its just like one very long day here, a day that last years!

DE will be our weakness again in 2013/14, but no one can say Pete did not try.