Carolina Gane -- BBQ, Things to do? Info?

Teqneek

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

I am originally from Seattle, just recently relocated to the Washington DC area (Yep I was at the playoff game all decked out in Seahawks gear, wife tagging a long in neon green hoody lol).

My oldest friend from Seattle is coming to visit, so while he's here, I purchased 7th row 110 section tickets to take him to the game in Charlotte (Nice road trip for friends who havent seen each other, or possibly a comfy train ride havent decided).

We probably wont stray TO far from the Stadium unless we have some time to kill, but I was hoping any of you could suggest some places to hit up. My buddy doesn't drink anymore, so I stay tidy and sober around him. But maybe some good BBQ, some cool things to check out real quick? Neither of us have been to the city.

Thanks in advance!

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Mac's Speed Shop is a pretty good BBQ stop / biker bar. If you are looking for NC BBQ, it is probably as good as any place in Charlotte. It is on South Blvd., 2 miles or so south of BofA Stadium. (Please don't take my recommendation as gospel. I'm not exactly a connoisseur of NC BBQ. After living here for 10 years, I still prefer a steak or rack of ribs over the shredded pork the locals prefer.)

See you at the game. We will be in in Section 544, waving the 12 flag.

warden

Reaction score
Yeah Macs speedshop is on my to do list

Another awesome place to check out is Prices chicken coup. Take out only but many chefs and locals from the area are telling me it is definitely a place to go, if you like fried chicken

brimsalabim

Reaction score

CHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm heading down to the game. Hows Diamond Restaurant? It was featured on the food network.

warden

Reaction score
Johnny":105jq58h said:
brimsalabim":105jq58h said:
Here is a link to Prices, *note they are cash only : http://www.priceschickencoop.com/

Two things popped out at me when reading that menu... 4 Wings $7.05.... What?, and $.05 for mustard... WHAT?... They charge for mustard?... What does the Ketchup cost?...lol.

Those wings come with COLE SLAW, TATER ROUNDS, HUSHPUPPIES & ROLL. The half chicken seems like a better deal

Johnny

Reaction score
warden":2ycbkozp said:
Johnny":2ycbkozp said:
brimsalabim":2ycbkozp said:
Here is a link to Prices, *note they are cash only : http://www.priceschickencoop.com/

Two things popped out at me when reading that menu... 4 Wings $7.05.... What?, and $.05 for mustard... WHAT?... They charge for mustard?... What does the Ketchup cost?...lol.

Those wings come with COLE SLAW, TATER ROUNDS, HUSHPUPPIES & ROLL. The half chicken seems like a better deal

that's what I'm saying.... for just a couple dollars more you get half of a chicken and that will come with a least one wing... doesn't make scene to me...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
CHawk":1vtjx4tx said:
Thanks for the info, I'm heading down to the game. Hows Diamond Restaurant? It was featured on the food network.

My cousin says the Diamond is good also. He said its owned by former workers from the Penguin diner and has a lot of similarities.

warden

Reaction score
A place called Barbecue King looks worth while to check out. Food network has been all over this place. Diners dive and drive inns did a show there Best thing I ever ate also did a show. It is a drive inn, nothing fancy.

Their big high light, is Southern Fried Chicken dipped in BBQ sauce.

It is about half way between the airport and downtown, 3 miles from downtown area
http://barbqking.com

Joat

Reaction score
I recommend Showmars.

I live about 20 miles north of the City.

Latest posts