Cards/Viks Game

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mpimkx3 said:
The close score in this game says as much about the Cardinals chance to win a SB as our week 16 game in 3013 said about ours.

I forget where I saw it, Football Outsiders maybe, but there was a chart that showed how Arizona was one of the biggest fading teams in the NFL. Yet amazingly, even while positing negative DVOA scores almost every week during their winning streak, they just find a way to win every game. Seven straight now.

Arizona is now 5-1 in games decided by one score this season. The Seahawks are 2-4.

But whatever, enjoy the division Crown AZ. At least this year, they had a very good team, and Seattle has nobody but themselves to blame for digging such a deep hole.

At this point I feel pretty good about the odds of a Seahawks / Cards NFCCG in AZ. Should be fun.

Polaris

Reaction score
I guess some are referring to the Steelers game, which I remind everyone Seattle WON by nine points (two scores) and forced five Steeler turnovers. That same Steeler teams is scorching a path through just about everyone in the AFC and right now is the one AFC team no one wants to face.

But go ahead and think that Seattle is vulnerable to a good passing attack. The stats including the advanced stats say otherwise.

As for trends, they are tricky, but frankly the Cardinals (as measured by DVOA) have been on a steadily declining slope while Seattle (and Pittsburgh and KC) have dramatically improved. Frankly I am more worried (even now) about the Cards than the Panthers, and right now the Cards looked pretty darned unimpressive against a banged up team (esp on defense) on the road on a short week.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Certainly your right Clutch. Fear who you please lol. January is right around the corner.

And Seattle is playing the best football in the NFC right now.

As they always do this time of year.

See you guys soon!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":3au81ih7 said:
Scottemojo":3au81ih7 said:
The close score in this game says as much about the Cardinals chance to win a SB as our week 16 game in 3013 said about ours.

I forget where I saw it, Football Outsiders maybe, but there was a chart that showed how Arizona was one of the biggest fading teams in the NFL. Yet amazingly, even while positing negative DVOA scores almost every week during their winning streak, they just find a way to win every game. Seven straight now.

Arizona is now 5-1 in games decided by one score this season. The Seahawks are 2-4.

But whatever, enjoy the division Crown AZ. At least this year, they had a very good team, and Seattle has nobody but themselves to blame for digging such a deep hole.

Didnt the cards have a high winning percentage last year in one score games too

Threedee

Reaction score
This game just reiterates what a joke the Vikings are. Outplayed on Sunday, and out-thought on Thursday. Let's not forget that Monday night affair during Week 1 in Santa Clara - one of the most inept performances you will ever see. I don't have any idea how they have 8 wins...

Polaris

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2ffxygzk said:
kearly":2ffxygzk said:
Scottemojo":2ffxygzk said:

Didnt the cards have a high winning percentage last year in one score games too

They did the first half of that year. I also believe that KC started off with an unbelievable run (something like a 9-0 start). Both faded and faded badly.

Polaris

Reaction score
Threedee":3cv9l3a2 said:
This game just reiterates what a joke the Vikings are. Outplayed on Sunday, and out-thought on Thursday. Let's not forget that Monday night affair during Week 1 in Santa Clara - one of the most inept performances you will ever see. I don't have any idea how they have 8 wins...

It's easy to get 8 wins when you play nothing but tomato cans. It's a large part of why Carolina is so unimpressive but still undefeated. If you look at Carolina's schedule, there were only a couple of games that on paper you'd expect them to lose, and Seattle was one of them, but Carolina caught Seattle at exactly the perfect time (and even then came within 30 second of losing after being dominated most of the game).

The advanced stats have consistently shown that Minny was little more than a paper tiger. Now that Minny is getting all the good opponents in their schedule one after the other, we are seeing the 'real' Minny....and that team is essentially a slightly above average team.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3pjukcah said:
I lost money on that dumb ass call. Should of kicked a FG send it to overtime so the score can go over. Bridgewater and coaching staff man I'm pissed

I lost no money as I don't bet.....

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't understand how an Arizona fan doesn't worry about a Seahawks matchup

We clearly screwed up against both Cincy and Carolina then despite a horrific first half we had the lead in 4th quarter against Arizona....

It is one thing to say - "I think Arizona can beat Seattle but it will be tough" but to say no worries is just ignorant

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
mikeak":2bbj3tq0 said:
I don't understand how an Arizona fan doesn't worry about a Seahawks matchup

We clearly screwed up against both Cincy and Carolina then despite a horrific first half we had the lead in 4th quarter against Arizona....

It is one thing to say - "I think Arizona can beat Seattle but it will be tough" but to say no worries is just ignorant

I think they worry about us as much as we worry about them. To be honest, we should probably worry a little bit more seeing that they will have home field and have already beaten us this year.

As a fan base, it is your job to be confident. All of my non-seahawk fans tell me about how we have beaten no one. Which is somewhat true. Minnesota looks pretty average. While we did beat Pittsburgh, they did have over 500 yards of offense against us and it went right down to the wire.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":gvedmhe7 said:
Hawkpower":gvedmhe7 said:
ClutchDJ":gvedmhe7 said:
Hawkpower":gvedmhe7 said:
After watching us BLOW the doors off of Minnesota on the road, I can imagine Cards fans feel too good tonight.

The Seahawks of December are clearly a much better team.

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Agreed. Quite nice.

Must be an uneasy feeling to clinch the division all the while knowing that the two time defending champs are lying in the weeds with a smile.

Nah, I'm not really feeling "uneasy" about a team who struggles vs good pass offenses & we have already beaten on the road on primetime.

I do feel "uneasy" playing against Carolina more so than Seattle. Not even close, really.

Keep telling yourself that...eventually, you might even start to believe it...just in time to see the Seahawks annihilate the cards.

Rob12

Reaction score
Some (or maybe just one) of Arizona's fans in this thread are simply full of it.

Of course you don't want the Seahawks in the playoffs - stop lying to yourself. We shed perhaps the one player that was causing the defense to not play like themselves in Cary Williams. Earl and Kam couldn't do their typical thing because this guy was getting targeted and beat constantly. Earl said that they're having fun again, and you just saw them completely bottle up the best running back on the planet - in HIS house. Eight carries for 18 yards. We dominated him so much that he felt the need to throw his coaches under the bus following the game.

I find it funny that our defense shouldn't be feared because our pass defense has struggled at times (with the now jettisoned Cary Williams, as I mentioned above), yet your team just gave up 335 passing yards to Teddy Bridgewater. Those weren't yards he piled up in garbage time, or trying to bring his team back from a large deficit. He had your number for most of the day. Last week, in their house, we sacked Bridgewater four times and held him to 118 yards passing. The Seahawks allowed 125 total yards, on the road. In your house, that same team put up 389 yards of total offense on the Cardinals.

The Seahawks are trending up, and the Cardinals look to be trending down, as kearly pointed out. We'll see soon enough. I respect what the Cardinals have accomplished so far, but there's still quite a bit of season left. You don't think this Seahawks team will be out for blood in Week 17? Especially in your house? Your defense is soft, and the No. 1 offense (per weighted DVOA) will be arriving shortly. And whether you want to believe it or not, our defense is back. You guys squeaked by the Vikings in your house, and we throttled them by 31 in theirs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":mw0rvyre said:
Optimistic Hawk fans were obviously rooting for Minnesota. They were hoping Arizona would lose today, then drop a game to either Philly or GB, and then lose to us in week 17. The chances of that have got to be under 10%. If Arizona lost this game, I think there is a much greater chance we end up as the #6 seed than NFC West champs. If Minny won, I think about an 80% chance we are the #6 seed.

Realists (pessimists?) were rooting for Arizona. An Arizona win tonight almost guarantees us the #5 seed and a favorable first round matchup against the NFC East winner. A Minnesota win would have likely resulted in us being the #6 seed and having to play in Lambeau.

AZ just wasn't going to go 1-3 in their final 4 games. As much as we'd like them to, it wasn't going to happen.

I'll happily take the #5 seed :D

Stop with your " realist" bullcrap. People who say that are basically saying ' I'm the reasonable person here, whatever your saying is basically a pipe dream', discounting the argument from the start.There was a decent possibility that Arizona could have lost the next 2 out of 3. I'm guessing you don't think we win in Arizona do you? Cause the train that thinks we can wanted Arizona to lose tonight. In the playoffs, only seeds that matter are the number 1 and 2. The rest really mean dick.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Threedee":96zvbt5j said:

Because they had Joseph, Barr and Smith all playing and had Sandejo opposite smith instead of another backup. Right now they are playing with 2 backup safeties, backup LB, and missing best interior linemen

With a really good D and Peterson you can win games. All Bridgewater has to do is make a few plays

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Polaris":3tf94zlm said:
Threedee":3tf94zlm said:

It's easy to get 8 wins when you play nothing but tomato cans. It's a large part of why Carolina is so unimpressive but still undefeated. If you look at Carolina's schedule, there were only a couple of games that on paper you'd expect them to lose, and Seattle was one of them, but Carolina caught Seattle at exactly the perfect time (and even then came within 30 second of losing after being dominated most of the game).

The advanced stats have consistently shown that Minny was little more than a paper tiger. Now that Minny is getting all the good opponents in their schedule one after the other, we are seeing the 'real' Minny....and that team is essentially a slightly above average team.

Well getting the Seahawks and then having to play the Cards 4 days later on the road is a little challenging haha

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":10qmjex8 said:
Hawk-Lock":10qmjex8 said:
Optimistic Hawk fans were obviously rooting for Minnesota. They were hoping Arizona would lose today, then drop a game to either Philly or GB, and then lose to us in week 17. The chances of that have got to be under 10%. If Arizona lost this game, I think there is a much greater chance we end up as the #6 seed than NFC West champs. If Minny won, I think about an 80% chance we are the #6 seed.

Realists (pessimists?) were rooting for Arizona. An Arizona win tonight almost guarantees us the #5 seed and a favorable first round matchup against the NFC East winner. A Minnesota win would have likely resulted in us being the #6 seed and having to play in Lambeau.

AZ just wasn't going to go 1-3 in their final 4 games. As much as we'd like them to, it wasn't going to happen.

Stop with your " realist" bullcrap. People who say that are basically saying ' I'm the reasonable person here, whatever your saying is basically a pipe dream', discounting the argument from the start.There was a decent possibility that Arizona could have lost the next 2 out of 3. I'm guessing you don't think we win in Arizona do you? Cause the train that thinks we can wanted Arizona to lose tonight. In the playoffs, only seeds that matter are the number 1 and 2. The rest really mean dick.

The chances of AZ dropping 3 of their last 4 after starting 10-2 are about as likely as the Cowboys winning 3 of their next 4 and winning the NFC East. It's just not very likely. Regardless of what you or I want, it was a win-win situation. Zona did us a favor today as we will likely move up the playoff standings with a win in Baltimore. And I don't buy your argument that only the 1 and 2 seed matter. Obviously they matter the most, but you can't argue that going into GB as the #6 seed is the same as going into Washington DC as the #5 seed.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was only a month ago many were wondering whether the Hawks were even capable of making the playoffs, let alone getting most likely the #5 seed. The best scenario since the team made so many mistakes the early part of the season was for the Cardinals to beat the Vikings allowing us to have the clear shot at the #5 seed.

To think for a second that Arizona was somehow going to loss 2 of the next 3 games was just nonsense to even consider with their play this season. It was better to have them win and give us the upper hand.

If this team wanted the NFC West division championship that bad they should have taken care of business two months ago. They didn't.

So lets forget about the extremely low chance of Arizona imploding and be happy they pulled out a win to knock down the Vikings for us.

At least that is how I look at it from my point of view.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":dp07eyzv said:
seahawkfreak":dp07eyzv said:
Hawk-Lock":dp07eyzv said:

The chances of AZ dropping 3 of their last 4 after starting 10-2 are about as likely as the Cowboys winning 3 of their next 4 and winning the NFC East. It's just not very likely. Regardless of what you or I want, it was a win-win situation. Zona did us a favor today as we will likely move up the playoff standings with a win in Baltimore. And I don't buy your argument that only the 1 and 2 seed matter. Obviously they matter the most, but you can't argue that going into GB as the #6 seed is the same as going into Washington DC as the #5 seed.

Doesn't really matter if we end up in GB as a #6 seed either ( We are well beyond just extending our seasons). Teams that have a bye have a significant adavtage. Your splitting hairs lower than that. Winning in Washington ( then losing) or losing in GB in the first round would be the same as far as I'm concerned. Beating an NFC east team in the playoffs then losing the next round means nothing either. We don't at least get to the NFC championship it is a failed season. Getting a bye increases our chances. Just being realistic. In the end arguing over a 5th or 6th seed is really worthless.

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":39ub11k5 said:
Hawk-Lock":39ub11k5 said:

Just stop.

12's need to realize that the NFC West isn't ours this year. The Cardinals have a healthy Palmer, and he has a plethora of weapons. They were NEVER going to lose out. That's not a lack of faith in the Seahawks. But with the Cardinals' remaining schedule, two wins nets them the division. The Vikings losing goes a very long way in us securing the No. 5 seed and traveling to Washington, New York, Dallas, or Philly. That's about the best case scenario you can ask for if you're a Seahawks fan.

This isn't the same Cardinals team that was running out Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley. Carson Palmer is easily one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league and might be the MVP of the league. They were never losing out. They were never giving up the division. And that's our fault, due to all the fourth quarter meltdowns.

And we absolutely win in Arizona. But they still finish with a minimum of 12 wins. Accept reality.

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1mco751s said:
Hawk-Lock":1mco751s said:
seahawkfreak":1mco751s said:
Hawk-Lock":1mco751s said:

Doesn't really matter if we end up in GB as a #6 seed either ( We are well beyond just extending our seasons). Teams that have a bye have a significant adavtage. Your splitting hairs lower than that. Winning in Washington ( then losing) or losing in GB in the first round would be the same as far as I'm concerned. Beating an NFC east team in the playoffs then losing the next round means nothing either. We don't at least get to the NFC championship it is a failed season. Getting a bye increases our chances. Just being realistic. In the end arguing over a 5th or 6th seed is really worthless.

We're not getting a bye. Damn it man, accept it. Carolina is 12-0 and Arizona is 10-2. We're 7-5. We're not getting a bye, we're not winning the division, but that doesn't mean a damn thing because this team can and will go on the road and beat anyone. You're relying on impossibles, while most of us are relying on the fact that the Seahawks are a damn good team that can go on the road and run the table to SB 50. Do you not see that?

Latest posts