Cards/Viks Game

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Barakas":jo2f861e said:
Chapow":jo2f861e said:
Cyrus12":jo2f861e said:
Cards NFC West Champs...

Congrats Hawk-Lock, looks like you got your wish. No chance for the division now.

Technically not true. Very very very very low probability but there's still a mathematical chance :)

Just need them to lose their remaining games, we win our remaining games. Then we root for the Cowboys and the Stealers to win games, and for the Saints and the Bengals to lose games so we can catch them on Strength of Victory.

Mathematically still possible to end up with the 2 seed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":d8stilay said:
Chapow":d8stilay said:
Uncle Si":d8stilay said:
ringless":d8stilay said:
I think this was the best result for Seattle realistically. Pretty much means you get the 5th seed and a bye week against the NFC East.

Seattle might not win against GB in Sub-zero temperatures otherwise. And A-Rod can still do a lot at home.

Arizona losing was the best result until the division is out of reach

Exactly.

I'm just curious, you'd rather have a 20% chance at the NFC West title, and a 80% chance at the #6 seed VS basically being guaranteed the #5 seed, which is as close to a bye as you can get.

Maybe I just play it conservative. I'm the guy that would take the money on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire rather than trying to push the envelope.

Maybe lets just try to think of this as a win-win like a previous poster mentioned.

I made both posts :)

OrFan

Reaction score
Did anyone not think at the start of that last drive that Bridgewater would blow it somehow? He is not a starting qb at the NFL level, probably never will be. Stupid mistakes, extremely flawed mechanics, lost under pressure. He could make it playing school ball, but the real teams of the pros will tear a guy like that up.

ringless

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":21v1rs55 said:
One thing is for sure is that we go down to the wire against any team during primetime games, no matter how much better or worse they are.

Thursday night game are never easy, and the Vikings had their back against the wall as well. They had hopes for a 2nd seed until tonight too. Playing a game 4 days apart can have weird endings. But at the end of the day, we won. Great learning experience for the team. We are 11-2. 8-1 in the conference, and 4-1 in the division. With 153 point differential.

Next week we should be getting a lot of players back from injury most importantly Rucker, We are in great shape to sharpen steel on steel like we have been lately and get into gear for the playoffs.

Why some fans think this game means we will be an easy out in the playoffs I don't understand. That would be like Saying Seattle is going to suck because they almost lost t home to Detroit and barely beat a Cowboys team without Romo. (weeks go)

Just like this will be weeks ago come January

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2vnupg61 said:
After watching us BLOW the doors off of Minnesota on the road, I can imagine Cards fans feel too good tonight.

The Seahawks of December are clearly a much better team.

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Zorn76

Reaction score
It's one thing to hope, but realistically it's been the Cards division to lose since they beat us a month ago.
Vikings on 4 days rest to go into their house and win? Eh, they did come close. Then they choked late.

As it is, I've felt all along that Az was going to beat Philly and GB anyway. Cards are beatable, but they are better than their next 2 opponents. Either way, I'm not buying the Packers, period. They will be one and done in the playoffs, even at Lambeau.

We can now focus on #5 seed, and that starts Sunday in Baltimore.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zorn76":2tq6t03z said:
It's one thing to hope, but realistically it's been the Cards division to lose since they beat us a month ago.
Vikings on 4 days rest to go into their house and win? Eh, they did come close. Then they choked late.

As it is, I've felt all along that Az was going to beat Philly and GB anyway. Cards are beatable, but they are better than their next 2 opponents. Either way, I'm not buying the Packers, period. They will be one and done in the playoffs, even at Lambeau.

We can now focus on #5 seed, and that starts Sunday in Baltimore.

I agree, the division was basically lost once we lost to them 3 weeks ago. The mathematicians will tell us otherwise, but there was almost no chance the Cards were going to finish the season 1-3.

Never count out GB at home. Two things: Aaron Rodgers. Lambeau Field. When those two are paired together, they don't lose much.

mikeak

Reaction score
I get that going on the road for the whole playiff is tough.

HOWEVER I would much rather have the no 5 than 6 spot. Huge difference

Redskins and Panthers vs GB and Arizona???

Neither Redskins / Panthers have a big home advantage. The disadvantage is longer travel and early mornings but I think the team has learned the lesson and stays on the road for two east coast games.

Saying it is locked up is however confusing to me. We play Ravens and Browns first. Ok I can think 2-0. However thenSt Louis, and Arizona. Two tough teams especially for us. Arizona may rest starters but may be in the hunt for No 1 seed so who knows. Either way I think we need 3-1 to get the 5 seed and may need 4-0.

So yes Minnesota loss was the best based on reasonable assumptions.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I lost money on that dumb ass call. Should of kicked a FG send it to overtime so the score can go over. Bridgewater and coaching staff man I'm pissed

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":1ze7s7fz said:
ClutchDJ":1ze7s7fz said:
One thing is for sure is that we go down to the wire against any team during primetime games, no matter how much better or worse they are.

Thursday night game are never easy, and the Vikings had their back against the wall as well. They had hopes for a 2nd seed until tonight too. Playing a game 4 days apart can have weird endings. But at the end of the day, we won. Great learning experience for the team. We are 11-2. 8-1 in the conference, and 4-1 in the division. With 153 point differential.

Next week we should be getting a lot of players back from injury most importantly Rucker, We are in great shape to sharpen steel on steel like we have been lately and get into gear for the playoffs.

Why some fans think this game means we will be an easy out in the playoffs I don't understand. That would be like Saying Seattle is going to suck because they almost lost t home to Detroit and barely beat a Cowboys team without Romo. (weeks go)

Just like this will be weeks ago come January

Seattle was playing poorly early in the year.

We are talking about a December example.

That's the difference.

And I'm not sure some are saying AZ is an "easy" out, but Seattle is clearly the better football team right now.

[/i]

Polaris

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1d6euo8z said:
Cards NFC West Champs...

No they aren't. Yet. Technically.

If Seattle wins this Sunday (which I think they will), Arizona simply has to win against either Philly at Philly or against Green Bay. While they could lose both, I certainly wouldn't count on it.

However, by winning today, Arizona has virtually handed Seattle the 5th seed on a silver platter. Now Seattle has to do what we're supposed to.

All that said, I was very unimpressed with the Cards tonight. They took a lot of chances and if Bridgewater is a little savvier or Zimmer is less of an idiot, the Cards lose that game. Based on what I've seen in the space of four days, I'd have to say on a neutral field, Seattle is easily the better team than the Cards right now, record notwithstanding.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":23e3pa2d said:
Hawkpower":23e3pa2d said:
After watching us BLOW the doors off of Minnesota on the road, I can imagine Cards fans feel too good tonight.

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Agreed. Quite nice.

Must be an uneasy feeling to clinch the division all the while knowing that the two time defending champs are lying in the weeds with a smile.

But you knew this was coming eventually.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Hawkpower":37vbmpj9 said:
ClutchDJ":37vbmpj9 said:
Hawkpower":37vbmpj9 said:

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Agreed. Quite nice.

Must be an uneasy feeling to clinch the division all the while knowing that the two time defending champs are lying in the weeds with a smile.

Nah, I'm not really feeling "uneasy" about a team who struggles vs good pass offenses & we have already beaten on the road on primetime.

I do feel "uneasy" playing against Carolina more so than Seattle. Not even close, really.

Polaris

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":bfc423gj said:
Hawkpower":bfc423gj said:
ClutchDJ":bfc423gj said:
Hawkpower":bfc423gj said:

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Agreed. Quite nice.

Nah, I'm not really feeling "uneasy" about a team who struggles vs good pass offenses & we have already beaten on the road on primetime.

I do feel "uneasy" playing against Carolina more so than Seattle. Not even close, really.

That was then and this is now. I think we'll see soon enough how the Cards hold up when it matters.

253hawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":qjn0yjqb said:
They are vincible

It took three turnovers and two horrid secondary meltdowns for long scores to squeak out a 3 point win.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":abrc2oja said:
Hawkpower":abrc2oja said:
ClutchDJ":abrc2oja said:
Hawkpower":abrc2oja said:

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Agreed. Quite nice.

false bravado is cool.

Its all about how teams are playing down the stretch. Carolina almost lost to the Saints last weekend and should by all measures have a worse record than you.

Seattle is clicking, and you needed gifts from the zebra gods to beat us when we werent. You dont fear a team that is nearly top 5 in offense and defense and is the two time NFC champ? sure.....

We could let the last four days do the talking as its clear Seattle is a much better team RIGHT NOW, but it can wait until January.

Until then keep fearing Carolina instead, lol

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The close score in this game says as much about the Cardinals chance to win a SB as our week 16 game in 3013 said about ours.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Hawkpower":x7pzotq8 said:

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.[/quote]

Agreed. Quite nice.

Must be an uneasy feeling to clinch the division all the while knowing that the two time defending champs are lying in the weeds with a smile.[/quote]

I do feel "uneasy" playing against Carolina more so than Seattle. Not even close, really.[/quote]

false bravado is cool.

Its all about how teams are playing down the stretch. Carolina almost lost to the Saints last weekend and should by all measures have a worse record than you.

Seattle is clicking, and you needed gifts from the zebra gods to beat us when we werent. You dont fear a team that is nearly top 5 in offense and defense and is the two time NFC champ? sure.....

We could let the last four days do the talking as its clear Seattle is a much better team RIGHT NOW, but it can wait until January.

Until then keep fearing Carolina instead, lol[/quote]

"almost" I love that word so much, btw.

More ref complaining, Zzzzzzzz.

No, I do not fear a team that can(has) easily be exploited on defense when going against a competent passing team. I'm pretty sure you'll continue to brag about your defense after going up against the likes of Jimmy Clausen, Case Keenum, and Johnny Manziel.

Better team right now? Um, congrats?

Yes, I will continue to fear the team who is currently undefeated and the #1 seed in the NFC. Way more worried about them.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2a875r9d said:
The close score in this game says as much about the Cardinals chance to win a SB as our week 16 game in 3013 said about ours.

Likely.

I think the common opponent in four days factor, along with the opportunity to jab some Cards fans who have been feeling feeling fairly smug makes it hard to resist.

That being said, I think this game shows less about AZ, and more about how GOOD Seattle is playing.

Watching the Steelers Kick some serious you know what last week on Prime Time doesnt take away from that either.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":39c1t49x said:
Hawkpower":39c1t49x said:
ClutchDJ":39c1t49x said:
Hawkpower":39c1t49x said:

Cant wait for January.

Well, that's nice.

Agreed. Quite nice.

lol srs....Panthers have who on offense? Newton did shit against the Sehawks all game until the 4th qtr...his stats were god awful