Cards/Viks Game

Rob12

Reaction score
Hoping we get the Cardinals and their geriatric defense against a fresh Marshawn Lynch, Thomas Rawls, and a deadly Russell Wilson in the pocket. And a rejuvenated defense that has everyone second guessing them right now.

Polaris

Reaction score
I see no reason to "accept" that Seattle is not getting the division unless and until that actually happens. I know that the chances are poor and the Seahawks don't control that, but please don't tell me not to root for such a thing to happen.

Rob12

Reaction score
Polaris":1tmoscbp said:
I see no reason to "accept" that Seattle is not getting the division unless and until that actually happens. I know that the chances are poor and the Seahawks don't control that, but please don't tell me not to root for such a thing to happen.

K.

Root for it all you want, man. I'll be right there with you. But it's not happening.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I'm still baffled by the "Seahawks will crush the Cardinals" comments in this thread. Who would care about that in early December? If things go right for both teams, we are meeting each other in about 6 or 7 weeks and who knows how each team will be playing, what injuries will have occurred, etc.

marko358

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2184c3q7 said:
I'm still baffled by the "Seahawks will crush the Cardinals" comments in this thread.

Probably because the Seahawks right now look like the Patriots from the first 5 weeks of the season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":32w8htz0 said:
I'm still baffled by the "Seahawks will crush the Cardinals" comments in this thread. Who would care about that in early December? If things go right for both teams, we are meeting each other in about 6 or 7 weeks and who knows how each team will be playing, what injuries will have occurred, etc.

Well to be fair, plenty of Cards fans on this board cared about it quite a bit in early November. Your back-up quarterback did an obnoxious river dance on the sideline and Carson Palmer hip thrust like no one's business.

Suddenly it doesnt matter? LOL we know why.

At least In mid December, its a decent predictor of whats to come in a few weeks when the Calendar turns to January.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I didn't expect the Vikings to be in that game like they were, so when they were driving for OT or the win at the end, I couldn't help to be pulling for them. At that point, I was in full "screw the Wildcard; we want the Division" mode.
As soon as the Vikes blew it though, I was in full Champ Bailey mode:
"That's okay; we'll spot 'em 2...we'll spot 'em 2."

That's okay; we'll take the road to Santa Clara...we'll take the road to Santa Clara.

Hopefully my confidence is more realistic than Champ's was after the XLVIII safety though.

ringless

Reaction score
The playoffs don't even start for a month so its realistic to say that nobody knows how either team will be playing. As B8rtman said.

Injuries could change things.

You also have things like luck, circumstances. One game to the next isn't really meaningful when the playoffs start. Otherwise the Seahawks don't beat the Saints a few years back right?

I really don't feel the Seahawks are all that superior. It's clear that the defense can give up big points and it all can't be put on Cary Williams. Sure your offense has big play capabilities but Lynch hasn't shown anything this year and he will never truly be healthy again.

To Discredit the Cardinals despite being 11-2, with a 153 point net differential.. just means we can put up big points on any one, at any time, from anywhere on the field and we have done so.

No I'm not scared to have the Cardinals play anyone. That's part of the fun of the game. We have already shown we can beat any team when we play as a team. Bengals, Seahawks, (In Seattle twice in three years)

Seattle should fear us as much as we fear them at the end of the day. Otherwise Seattle wouldn't be on the verge of losing their division title.

When we meet in the playoffs its a 50/50 game

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":1g44amsu said:
The playoffs don't even start for a month so its realistic to say that nobody knows how either team will be playing. As B8rtman said.

You also have things like luck, circumstances. One game to the next isn't really meaningful when the playoffs start. Otherwise the Seahawks don't beat the Saints a few years back right?

I really don't feel the Seahawks are all that superior. It's clear that the defense can give up big points and it all can't be put on Cary Williams. Sure your offense has big play capabilities but Lynch hasn't shown anything this year and he will never truly be healthy again.

To Discredit the Cardinals despite being 11-2, with a 153 point net differential.. just means we can put up big points on any one, at any time, from anywhere on the field and we have done so.

No I'm not scared to have the Cardinals play anyone. That's part of the fun of the game. We have already shown we can beat any team when we play as a team. Bengals, Seahawks, (In Seattle twice in three years)

Seattle should fear us as much as we fear them at the end of the day. Otherwise Seattle wouldn't be on the verge of losing their division title.

That would be a tie...can't have ties in the playoffs. I would guess it would be a 60-40 game in favor of the Seahawks.

BFSGhost

Reaction score
80-20 Seahawks. The Cardinals would need to have a LOT of bounces go their way to beat the Seahawks, who are clearly playing in their typical late season form. The Cardinals just gave up 20 to the one-dimensional Vikings, with the benefit of 3 turnovers.

Oh yeah but in October.... October?? You wanna talk about October?? lol

Barakas

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":37skd63j said:

It's called Equivalency. The last couple of weeks the Seahawks have risen out of the funk that they were in all year. Understand of course that this funk was one that led Seattle to having a lead in the 4th quarter of all five games we have lost but it was still a funk.

So, when the Seahawks absolutely dismantle a division leader in a blow out of a game four days ago and then they see the Cardinals hang on by their fingernails, at home, to the same team well then....A = B and B = C thus A = C. Or maybe a better way to say it would be... A >>>>>> B, B < C, therefore A >>>>> C.

Or, maybe the explanation is far simpler. This is a Seahawks board so....DUUUHHHHHHHHHHH

rideaducati

Reaction score
Barakas":35eh1u79 said:
b8rtm8nn":35eh1u79 said:

It's called Equivalency. The last couple of weeks the Seahawks have risen out of the funk that they were in all year. Understand of course that this funk was one that led Seattle to having a lead in the 4th quarter of all five games we have lost but it was still a funk.

So, when the Seahawks absolutely dismantle a division leader in a blow out of a game four days ago and then they see the Cardinals hang on by their fingernails, at home, to the same team well then....A = B and B = C thus A = C. Or maybe a better way to say it would be... A >>>>>> B, B < C, therefore A >>>>> C.

Or, maybe the explanation is far simpler. This is a Seahawks board so....DUUUHHHHHHHHHHH

Cardinal fans are easily baffled...that's it.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ringless":11iva2b3 said:

I don't buy it. You want to believe that, but deep down, you scared.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":1kpng7n2 said:

Why are you talking about Lynch when discussing our offense?

Our offense is NIGHT AND DAY better with Rawls. You know, the guy who didnt really play when you got your victory of the century against Seattle?

Check the numbers my friend. The team, and offense, are light years better with Rawls as a starter, for whatever the reason for that may be.

The last four days should tell you all you need to know about where the two teams are right now. You better hope that changes in a few weeks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Rob12":3o540wmv said:
seahawkfreak":3o540wmv said:
Hawk-Lock":3o540wmv said:
Optimistic Hawk fans were obviously rooting for Minnesota. They were hoping Arizona would lose today, then drop a game to either Philly or GB, and then lose to us in week 17. The chances of that have got to be under 10%. If Arizona lost this game, I think there is a much greater chance we end up as the #6 seed than NFC West champs. If Minny won, I think about an 80% chance we are the #6 seed.

Realists (pessimists?) were rooting for Arizona. An Arizona win tonight almost guarantees us the #5 seed and a favorable first round matchup against the NFC East winner. A Minnesota win would have likely resulted in us being the #6 seed and having to play in Lambeau.

AZ just wasn't going to go 1-3 in their final 4 games. As much as we'd like them to, it wasn't going to happen.

I'll happily take the #5 seed :D

Stop with your " realist" bullcrap. People who say that are basically saying ' I'm the reasonable person here, whatever your saying is basically a pipe dream', discounting the argument from the start.There was a decent possibility that Arizona could have lost the next 2 out of 3. I'm guessing you don't think we win in Arizona do you? Cause the train that thinks we can wanted Arizona to lose tonight. In the playoffs, only seeds that matter are the number 1 and 2. The rest really mean dick.

Just stop.

12's need to realize that the NFC West isn't ours this year. The Cardinals have a healthy Palmer, and he has a plethora of weapons. They were NEVER going to lose out. That's not a lack of faith in the Seahawks. But with the Cardinals' remaining schedule, two wins nets them the division. The Vikings losing goes a very long way in us securing the No. 5 seed and traveling to Washington, New York, Dallas, or Philly. That's about the best case scenario you can ask for if you're a Seahawks fan.

This isn't the same Cardinals team that was running out Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley. Carson Palmer is easily one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league and might be the MVP of the league. They were never losing out. They were never giving up the division. And that's our fault, due to all the fourth quarter meltdowns.

And we absolutely win in Arizona. But they still finish with a minimum of 12 wins. Accept reality.

This guy gets it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2oqd0wml said:
Rob12":2oqd0wml said:
seahawkfreak":2oqd0wml said:
Hawk-Lock":2oqd0wml said:
Optimistic Hawk fans were obviously rooting for Minnesota. They were hoping Arizona would lose today, then drop a game to either Philly or GB, and then lose to us in week 17. The chances of that have got to be under 10%. If Arizona lost this game, I think there is a much greater chance we end up as the #6 seed than NFC West champs. If Minny won, I think about an 80% chance we are the #6 seed.

Realists (pessimists?) were rooting for Arizona. An Arizona win tonight almost guarantees us the #5 seed and a favorable first round matchup against the NFC East winner. A Minnesota win would have likely resulted in us being the #6 seed and having to play in Lambeau.

AZ just wasn't going to go 1-3 in their final 4 games. As much as we'd like them to, it wasn't going to happen.

I'll happily take the #5 seed :D

Stop with your " realist" bullcrap. People who say that are basically saying ' I'm the reasonable person here, whatever your saying is basically a pipe dream', discounting the argument from the start.There was a decent possibility that Arizona could have lost the next 2 out of 3. I'm guessing you don't think we win in Arizona do you? Cause the train that thinks we can wanted Arizona to lose tonight. In the playoffs, only seeds that matter are the number 1 and 2. The rest really mean dick.

Just stop.

12's need to realize that the NFC West isn't ours this year. The Cardinals have a healthy Palmer, and he has a plethora of weapons. They were NEVER going to lose out. That's not a lack of faith in the Seahawks. But with the Cardinals' remaining schedule, two wins nets them the division. The Vikings losing goes a very long way in us securing the No. 5 seed and traveling to Washington, New York, Dallas, or Philly. That's about the best case scenario you can ask for if you're a Seahawks fan.

This isn't the same Cardinals team that was running out Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley. Carson Palmer is easily one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league and might be the MVP of the league. They were never losing out. They were never giving up the division. And that's our fault, due to all the fourth quarter meltdowns.

And we absolutely win in Arizona. But they still finish with a minimum of 12 wins. Accept reality.

This guy gets it.

thank goodness you two were here to tell everyone how to appropriate their rooting energies...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cards are having a season like our 2013 run. We had four or five games that could have easily gone the other way but still found a way to win them.

I don't blame their fans for being confident but if Seattle continues to play this well on the offensive side of the ball, I don't think there's a team in the league that can beat them.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ph66yix said:
I wouldn't put too much weight into how poor Arizona looks tonight. Thursday games can do that to a lot of teams.
Cardinals will lose the next two games and then it's for all the marbles against Seattle in week 17

ringless

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":32cy7cfi said:
Hawk-Lock":32cy7cfi said:
I wouldn't put too much weight into how poor Arizona looks tonight. Thursday games can do that to a lot of teams.
Cardinals will lose the next two games and then it's for all the marbles against Seattle in week 17

Well that's not necessarily true. If Cinci wins this weekend it's pretty much over.

First you need AZ to lose to @Phi and GB.
Seahawks need to win their next 3

Then you need Cinci to finish with the same record as Pittsburgh (currently a 3 game lead)
Then you need Dallas to finish with the same record or better than NO

Bengals play Steelers, at 49ers, at Broncos, Ravens. They likely win 2 of those.
Steelers play @Bengals, Broncos, @Ravens, and Browns. They likely lose 1 lets say.

Cowboys play @GB, Jets, @ Bills, Reskins
Saints play @ Bucs, Lions, Jaguars, at Falcons

So you need the 6 games between AZ and Sea to go perfectly. If one doesn't its automatically not going to happen. Division clinched. Even if all 6 games go Seattle's way.

Then you need Pittsburgh and Dallas on top of that to win 4 more games combined than Cinci, and No in the last 16 games. Or basically to finish 1 game better a week.

Latest posts